C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
Deuce Canada

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by Deuce »

If there was any doubt that we're currently right in the centre of the Twilight Zone, this is absolute and undeniable proof...

Tsitsipas is making... sense... :shock:

Tsitsipas Says Djokovic is Making Players 'Look Like Fools'...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Reminder : Tsitsipas never wanted to get the vaccine, and only did so because it was required to play in the Australian Open

Post by JazzNU »

I'm holding out hope, even though I know it'll never happen that, and it especially won't because this man can't do the right PR move to save his life, but the best move for Djokovic is to remove himself from the situation and go home before any decision is made.

Make a statement that he acknowledges that he broke isolation after the positive covid test, that it was a grave error in judgement to think he was above the rules, say he will to be in touch with L'Equipe to personally offer an apology to those he was in contact with that day, and to apologize for the false declarations on his travel documents. Say he doesn't want to be a distraction for the Aussie Open, and that he looks forward to playing at the next big tennis tournament of the year. It would be by far the best PR move he could make at this point, to actually take some level of responsibility for this completely preventable sh!tshow. A decent percentage of the people who liked him before this all happened and want to believe he is not a callous asshole would be much more inclined to forgive him if he took this approach and would be more likely to root for him again in the near future.

I know I'm living in a dream world, but it wouldn't kill him to do the right thing, it would actually help him, so a good self serving move, in line with the man he's shown himself to be.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:57 pm I'm holding out hope, even though I know it'll never happen that, and it especially won't because this man can't do the right PR move to save his life, but the best move for Djokovic is to remove himself from the situation and go home before any decision is made.

Make a statement that he acknowledges that he broke isolation after the positive covid test, that it was a grave error in judgement to think he was above the rules, say he will to be in touch with L'Equipe to personally offer an apology to those he was in contact with that day, and to apologize for the false declarations on his travel documents. Say he doesn't want to be a distraction for the Aussie Open, and that he looks forward to playing at the next big tennis tournament of the year. It would be by far the best PR move he could make at this point, to actually take some level of responsibility for this completely preventable sh!tshow. A decent percentage of the people who liked him before this all happened and want to believe he is not a callous asshole would be much more inclined to forgive him if he took this approach and would be more likely to root for him again in the near future.

I know I'm living in a dream world, but it wouldn't kill him to do the right thing, it would actually help him, so a good self serving move, in line with the man he's shown himself to be.
admitting he purposefully falsified legal documents would certainly not help him with the Aussie or Spanish governments.

Post by JazzNU »

mmmm8 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 pm
admitting he purposefully falsified legal documents would certainly not help him with the Aussie or Spanish governments.
He's already done so, blamed his agent and said it was an error and unintentional, nothing stopping him from saying that BS again. He's not going to jail and he knows it. And there are now conflicting reports on whether Spain is investigating. His well paid attorneys can craft his statement so he avoids admitting any actual fault, not remotely hard to do here especially given the statement he already made and what he's admitted to.
the Moz Canada

Post by the Moz »

For sure. Novax will compete at the AO and will see no sanctioning of any kind from Australian, Spanish or Serbian authorities.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:57 pm I'm holding out hope, even though I know it'll never happen that, and it especially won't because this man can't do the right PR move to save his life, but the best move for Djokovic is to remove himself from the situation and go home before any decision is made.

He really could've and should've done it after the court "victory". And yet here we are. And him with a cake-walk draw...
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

100% on the money, all these last posts. But there is a certain quality that this man lacks, that will never make it possible for any of this to happen. Decency.
We saw it at the USO two years ago, after he hit the linesperson. The mic caught him saying "but you can't default me, not with my trajectory" (paraphrasing). He really believes he is above the rest, and when he speaks humbly is simply because he has been coached.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The internet man.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Does anyone have a list of players who had COVID, say, after November..they would still be wobbly, worth knowing so allowances can be made for them...
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Maybe scouring the ILLNESS AND INJURY topic?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:14 pm As much as I believe he probably didn't deserve his visa, I think Australia has missed the window to kick him out. They should have determined long ago whether he's in the country legally or not. Like when they cancelled his visa. Certainly should not have taken them more than a day after the hearing to weigh any addition evidence presented at the court hearing.

I guess Paul Sakkal didn't have good sources inside the govt telling him the minister was going to revoke the visa. It appears he was misled and/or didn't exercise proper judgment with his sources.
^ I was thinking the same thing - that if they were going to kick him out, they would have done so the day after the court decision.
But now I'm thinking that it's perhaps strategic that they are waiting. By waiting, they may be thinking that if they cancel his visa closer to when the tournament begins, it prevents the Djokovic lawyers from appealing the decision and/or going to court to get it reversed in time to play the tournament.
I'm hoping, at least, that this is the case.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ashkor87 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:40 am Does anyone have a list of players who had COVID, say, after November..they would still be wobbly, worth knowing so allowances can be made for them...
^ I don't know why you keep insisting that all players will be 'wobbly' after their bout with COVID, and blaming their losses on this.
Some may be, but some clearly are not. Look what Shapovalov just did at the ATP Cup. He played a bunch of singles AND doubles - and that was literally DAYS after he had COVID. And Canada won. There are others, as well, whose play has not been affected by their bout with COVID.
So... yeah, some players might be affected in the short term, or even in the long term. But it's certainly not a universal thing. Some return to normal immediately. That's the thing about this virus - it affects different people differently.
R.I.P. Amal...