C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
Deuce Canada

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by Deuce »

ashkor87 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:28 am
Deuce wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:20 am The link to the Cornet article a few posts above (post #843) is difficult to read, as it seems to be a (rather poor) translation.
I found this link to an article about the issue written in proper English...

What she reveals reeks of utter selfishness from the players.

Cornet Reveals "Everyone Had COVID-19" at Roland Garros...

whatever one may feel about this, it certainly highlights the hypocrisy around banning Djokovic..!
I don't see it exactly that way...
The players are not the ones who banned Djokovic - the Australian government did that (in a very dysfunctional manner). Granted, most of the players at that time said that they supported banning players who refuse to get vaccinated - and so I guess one could see hypocrisy in that those players have now conspired to keep their dirty little COVID secret hidden from others.

I expected more from Cornet. She is one of the veterans on the tour... Leylah said she was really the only one who made her feel welcome on the tour... She's a mentor of sorts... And then she's part of this conspiracy to hide COVID cases.
Not exactly a great role model for the young ones - encouraging them to manipulate and deceive...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

my point is - if the tournaments are really concerned about the health of players and everyone around them, they should test everyone every day. Granted, Wimbledon is not making any such claim. But the players who were so self-righteous when it came to Djokovic.. why are they now resorting to Omerta?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

RG had a different criteria than the Aussie open, and the EU/France had a different criteria than Australia for entry. Sure, Alize opened a stinking can of worms because there is no reason to not believe her (some other players should confirm the story, but by now, I wonder who would) and if all players agreed to a policy of "don't test, don't tell", the tours have to address it.
As for Djokovic. We know that this may be his last slam of the year because the USA seems nowhere near relaxing the entry requirement, for foreigners, to be vaccinated. He has made it clear he won't, so the USO is off limits. His decision.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Bautista Agut withdraws with C19.
And takes out a huge bandwagon of the SP.
He showed symptoms and was feeling not well.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

McEnroe calls for special dispensation for Djokovic to play at the USO:
John McEnroe calls for 'ridiculous' US vaccine laws to be relaxed for Novak Djokovic

It is a human trait, definitely. The moment something affects you or a person close to you (and Mac is very friendly with Novak), you no longer can make a proper call.
Gee, if only there was a solution for Djokovic to play the N. American circuit. But I can't think of ANY way that he could. None.
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:00 pm McEnroe calls for special dispensation for Djokovic to play at the USO:
John McEnroe calls for 'ridiculous' US vaccine laws to be relaxed for Novak Djokovic

It is a human trait, definitely. The moment something affects you or a person close to you (and Mac is very friendly with Novak), you no longer can make a proper call.
Gee, if only there was a solution for Djokovic to play the N. American circuit. But I can't think of ANY way that he could. None.
The ball is in Novak's court on this and he has all the control to end all of this. Get the jab and play or don't get the jab and risk the chances of playing in tournaments. All up to him.