Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Our main board to talk about our sport
AcesAnnie United States of America

Re: Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Post by AcesAnnie »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:45 pm I say I finally learned to hit a FH around age 45. My slice BH reached its peak around the same time.
I had to. My legs were no longer the same, so my strokes had to improve.
Being a runner, my legs are still strong. It is my knees that are falling apart.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

It is often ugly when sports and politics mix...

Kostyuk Upset That Azarenka Was Invited to Charity Event...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I am only surprised that this issue is coming up now, because, at a minimum, this has been going on since last year. I remember we talked about it.
It is Tuesday. If so many women are not liking the ball, I gather that changing them would be just a matter of one afternoon meeting. It is not as if NYC does not have enough balls in the city.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Nick Kyrgios faces legal action over '700 drinks' jibe during Wimbledon

Reuters

A tennis fan is taking legal action against Nick Kyrgios after he accused her of being "drunk out of her mind" during his defeat in the Wimbledon final.

In a statement released by her solicitors Tuesday, Anna Palus said the 27-year-old Australian had defamed her by making "a reckless and entirely baseless allegation."

"Not only did this cause considerable harm on the day, resulting in my temporary removal from the arena, but Mr. Kyrgios's false allegation was broadcast to, and read by, millions around the world, causing me and my family very substantial damage and distress," she said.

Kyrgios, well known for his outbursts, complained to the umpire during his match against Novak Djokovic, saying that a fan had been talking to him during points.

Asked by the umpire to identify the fan, Kyrgios then said: "The one with the dress, the one who looks like she's had about 700 drinks, bro."

Palus, 32, who said she had attended the men's final with her mother, instructed her solicitors, Brett Wilson LLP, to begin legal proceedings against Kyrgios and said any damages she wins will be donated to charity.

"I hope that Mr. Kyrgios will reflect on the harm he has caused me and my family and offer a prompt resolution to this matter," she said. "However, if he is unwilling to do this, I am committed to obtaining vindication in the High Court."

Kyrgios was appearing in his first Grand Slam final and took the first set against Djokovic but lost his cool as he headed to a four-set defeat on Centre Court.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... -wimbledon
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

He's an absolute magnet for trouble, isn't he?
Now that this particular ice has been broken, expect more loons to come out of the woodwork...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

He should have not said that to her.
But suing for this is basically looking for money.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

oh, there is always something to learn, I am 67 now and I am trying to learn the double-handed backhand from my son, he executes it so well!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Blasphemy! A one handed moving to a 2 handed ;)
I went the opposite. Grew up with a two handed, moved to a one hander around 19. It became my solid side.
Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.
AcesAnnie United States of America

Post by AcesAnnie »

Come September 6th, I will be starting my first tennis lesson from the club professional. It will be an enlightening experience for me to see how I can improve on this game. I will also have much more time for my tennis and also running, as my husband and I have come to the decision that it is the appropriate time for me to retire at the end of this year(around the holidays). I have worked many years as a Medical Transcriptionist for my husband who is a Neurologist and my husband has wanted me to retire for sometime now to just tend to the home and what I enjoy doing. So now I will be going into that next chapter in my life.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

:thumbsup:
Only piece of advice (I am allowed to): Tell the pro what you want from each lesson. Don't let him just feed you balls. Be very clear with what you want: "I want to hit a topspin forehand" (example).
Too many people just have a pro feed them balls and not correct technique.
And HAVE LOTS OF FUN! Good on the retirement news.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

AcesAnnie wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:05 pm Come September 6th, I will be starting my first tennis lesson from the club professional. It will be an enlightening experience for me to see how I can improve on this game. I will also have much more time for my tennis and also running, as my husband and I have come to the decision that it is the appropriate time for me to retire at the end of this year(around the holidays). I have worked many years as a Medical Transcriptionist for my husband who is a Neurologist and my husband has wanted me to retire for sometime now to just tend to the home and what I enjoy doing. So now I will be going into that next chapter in my life.
Congratulations on your retirement! Now you can do everything you wanted (within reason of course :lol: )