2022 Roland Garros LL. Le Cafe La Guillotine

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: 2022 Roland Garros LL. Le Cafe La Guillotine

Post by ponchi101 »

oooooh, Nuria Parrizas Diaz is looking kind of grey, and wasted, and.... dead :evil:

Yes, she is dead. Parisian Necrosis.
Table for 30. Ouch. Let us know what you want to drink. Bandwagon 1 goes down :ax
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I swear I am eliminated every time I pick Karolina Pliskova, and yet I continue to do so...

Not that my day 2 pick is safely through yet
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

For the second (but also third, because both pools) time in 17 years, I've succombed to the deadly No Pick. Waiter, a sturdy noose, please. I don't deserve a last drink.
Cainim's Back Hand United States of America

Post by Cainim's Back Hand »

My first ever loss by no pick! This is a fantastic moment of pride for me. Sigh.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

mmmm8 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:43 am For the second (but also third, because both pools) time in 17 years, I've succombed to the deadly No Pick. Waiter, a sturdy noose, please. I don't deserve a last drink.
Ok, sort of an odd request, but we can prepare these with a dash of vodka and I am sure you will enjoy them:
moose.jpg
Oh, noose, you said NOOSE!!!
noose.jpg
But why, dear? We are La Guillotine. It would have the same effect, although slightly messier... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

mmmm8 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:43 am For the second (but also third, because both pools) time in 17 years, I've succombed to the deadly No Pick. Waiter, a sturdy noose, please. I don't deserve a last drink.
This is the worst! Can you blame someone, something? I would. Good run, though. I had a no-pick after losing a mixed-doubles match to an obnoxious guy. I raged so hard that night and the next morning that I forgot to make my pick - and it was the weekend, and the French, and I was halfway to a medal with Rafa as a shoe-in. Hate that guy and still won't be on a court with him (mostly because he's obnoxious).
Irena2 United States of America

Post by Irena2 »

What was I thinking of picking against a Frenchman on Tsonga's big day? Just not on my mind yesterday. A big glass of Bordeaux, s'il vous plaît?

Post by Irena2 »

Oh, and a case of Vegemite for De Minaur. ;)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

We offer a very good selection of Bordeaux, so you have an entire bottle. Well deserved after a such a long match
bordeaux.jpg
As for your vegemite: we serve it with a runny egg on top, which is what a person deserves after winning a 4th set 6-l'euf, going up 3-l'euf in the fifth, and then blowing it:
vegemite.jpg
Enjoy the wine, and tolerate the vegemite, if you are into those thing :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Irena2 »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:02 pm We offer a very good selection of Bordeaux, so you have an entire bottle. Well deserved after a such a long match
Thank you very much!
ponchi101 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:02 pm As for your vegemite: we serve it with a runny egg on top, which is what a person deserves after winning a 4th set 6-l'euf, going up 3-l'euf in the fifth, and then blowing it:
vegemite.jpg

Enjoy the wine, and tolerate the vegemite, if you are into those thing :|
:roll: All the vegemite is for Alex, runny egg is a appropriate ending to a toeuf match! (ok, that's enoeuf :P )
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:57 pm This is the worst! Can you blame someone, something? I would. Good run, though. I had a no-pick after losing a mixed-doubles match to an obnoxious guy. I raged so hard that night and the next morning that I forgot to make my pick - and it was the weekend, and the French, and I was halfway to a medal with Rafa as a shoe-in. Hate that guy and still won't be on a court with him (mostly because he's obnoxious).

I won our work English Premier League Fantasy soccer mini-league and got overly cocky.
MediaGrrl Ireland

Post by MediaGrrl »

I really wish this bar was real.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

If you are in Paris, maybe you could try this one:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/trav ... lotine_pub
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Picked two Swiss in a row ...I deserve some cheese, I think..old, stinking cheese..unless the Swiss have any special drink I am not aware of?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ah, Monsieur Ashkor, you 'ave come to the right place! You know that 'ere we aim to please.
It is fortunate that our sommelier is of a broad education. Did you know that the Swiss actually produce some excellent wines? Indeed, they do, and therefore, as you 'ave committed the lunacy of picking Swiss players in pairs, we offer you a fine selection of two superb wines from the region. They are priced as if you were the chairman of one of their famed banks but, after such ugly demise, money should be no object. After all, you are dead.
SwissWine.jpg
And, as you ask for le frommage. Le swiss are adept at this very pungent cheese, simple in elaboration but strong in le smell. So, we can serve you and entire tableau of it, so the stench of cheese will cover that of your rotten corpse.
Cheese.jpg
Salut, Monsieur! Enjoy your tennistic afterlife. It seems to us you will be joined soon by some people that will request something Argentinean. 'ope you will be drunk by the time they come on. They are a raucous crowd.