Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Suliso Latvia

Re: Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by Suliso »

Is this really science and technology?
MJ2004

Re: Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by MJ2004 »

It should be in Business News. I think we have that thread but can never find it.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re:Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

MJ2004 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:35 am It should be in Business News. I think we have that thread but can never find it.
No, we don't. You are missing good ol' TAT1.0. We never started such a topic. ;)
I will start it and move these last posts there. It is related to technology solely in the fact that it deals with techno companies, but the market side.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

Just to keep these issues separate from other topics. As, most of the times, these news need to be read wearing a full hazmat suit.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Re:Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:05 pm
MJ2004 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:35 am It should be in Business News. I think we have that thread but can never find it.
No, we don't. You are missing good ol' TAT1.0. We never started such a topic. ;)
I will start it and move these last posts there. It is related to technology solely in the fact that it deals with techno companies, but the market side.
Tech business news was regularly placed in the Tech thread on TAT 1.0, not in the Business News thread. So it's fine to have another thread, but this is hardly a departure.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Re: Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

YAY for this thread.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Mark Joseph Stern
@mjs_DC
·
Anyway, the implication of this decision is that most (all?) agency enforcement power is unconstitutional. Which, in plain English, means that the federal government can't enforce a huge swath of regulations. I mean, this is basically striking down the administrative state.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re:Business/Markets/Stocks/Economics Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

Ronald Reagan. If just the USA would get over the illusion that the man was competent.
"I'm from the government and I am here to help". Sure. You don't like that? Move to Somalia or Sudan, where there is basically no government, and see how you like it.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

They were not punished (I mean Wall Street and all the banks) for what they did in 2007. So why would they ever stop being this unethical group? They know they can get away with anything.

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:48 pm They were not punished (I mean Wall Street and all the banks) for what they did in 2007. So why would they ever stop being this unethical group? They know they can get away with anything.
??? Yes many of them were punished. And many of the banks and firms went bankrupt as a result of the violations and class actions lawsuits against them.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:48 pm They were not punished (I mean Wall Street and all the banks) for what they did in 2007. So why would they ever stop being this unethical group? They know they can get away with anything.
??? Yes many of them were punished. And many of the banks and firms went bankrupt as a result of the violations and class actions lawsuits against them.
Sorry. What they got was bailed out by the American public, when Obama came to power and the entire US Gov decided that almost all these companies were "too big too fail". Sure, Lehman Brothers went belly up, but that was basically the sole big player. Everybody else got a slap on the wrist.

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 pm
JazzNU wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:39 pm
Sorry. What they got was bailed out by the American public, when Obama came to power and the entire US Gov decided that almost all these companies were "too big too fail". Sure, Lehman Brothers went belly up, but that was basically the sole big player. Everybody else got a slap on the wrist.
Maybe that's how it seems, but no, there were definitely more big ones than just Lehman Brothers that collapsed. I think Lehman's was so public and embarrassing seeing them literally close the doors that some could be under that impression, but it's truly not the only one.