Injury and Illness

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Injury and Illness

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Rafa on crutches in 2004. It's amazing that he's accomplished so much.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Alcaraz also posted some news and after a visit to the doctor, he has some considerable injuries in his leg. GF found it, but I gather we will soon too.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm Alcaraz also posted some news and after a visit to the doctor, he has some considerable injuries in his leg. GF found it, but I gather we will soon too.
UGH
texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:27 pm Alcaraz also posted some news and after a visit to the doctor, he has some considerable injuries in his leg. GF found it, but I gather we will soon too.
I was curious so had to look. His instagram says:
Today I have visited my doctor @drlopezmartinez for evaluation and diagnosis of my injury in @usopen. A fibrillar tear is confirmed in the vastus medialis and lateral quadriceps and an elongation in the adductor, so I have to rest for a few weeks and recover in order to reach Indian Wells with the best level. Thank you very much for the support!
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

texasniteowl wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:19 pm
Today I have visited my doctor @drlopezmartinez for evaluation and diagnosis of my injury in @usopen. A fibrillar tear is confirmed in the vastus medialis and lateral quadriceps and an elongation in the adductor, so I have to rest for a few weeks and recover in order to reach Indian Wells with the best level. Thank you very much for the support!
His English and Latin are both very good!
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

We still have this about it being 'brave' to finish the match in the face of injury, and Alcaraz was taking some criticism for retiring too early in the match because he didn't look injured. Turns out he knew his own body. Go figure.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm not sure but I think he's saying he didn't have surgery on his foot and they tried something else? That's what one translation I saw said but of course I have no clue.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Good grief. At first I thought that was Roger. You put a mask on either one of them, and it's very difficult to tell them apart.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Translation (Rafa's post):
Hello everybody, it has been some time without me communicating with you through social media.
To tell you that I was in Barcelona with my team and the medical team, to get some treatment in my foot that will require some days of rest and some weeks off the courts.
Back home and in recovery process.
Thanks everybody for your support.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Just an FYI if you're watching the Laver Cup and thinking "Roger looks great!" He does, but it's when he is sitting down. He's on crutches and moving slow, quite sad to see really given how many of us think of him. So hopefully a successful surgery, but definitely some time before he's back on court.

Also, I think this is why he didn't do an introduction to the crowd. When the Tennis Channel did an interview with him, he was standing, we got a full shot of him, talking to Jim Courier and his crutches where nowhere in sight.
Omess Canada

Post by Omess »

JazzNU wrote:Just an FYI if you're watching the Laver Cup and thinking "Roger looks great!" He does, but it's when he is sitting down. He's on crutches and moving slow, quite sad to see really given how many of us think of him. So hopefully a successful surgery, but definitely some time before he's back on court.

Also, I think this is why he didn't do an introduction to the crowd. When the Tennis Channel did an interview with him, he was standing, we got a full shot of him, talking to Jim Courier and his crutches where nowhere in sight.
Can’t imagine he will attempt a return before grass season if he does ( I personally don’t think so he will almost be 41)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro