In Memoriam

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Deuce Canada

Re: In Memoriam

Post by Deuce »

Violent deaths in the rap world have become commonplace - from local rappers to those known internationally.
The TV wrestling world and the UFC world are similar - people within those groups are also dying young at a significantly more rapid rate than that of the average population - though in these two latter groups, there are also suicides and other causes of death to go along with the violent deaths.
It seems that every week, we hear of the death of a young person in one of these three groups.

If you play with fire, you'll eventually get burned.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I was aware of the group Migos mostly because they came up from time to time in music/rap threads on Twitter. It's sad that the person who got pissed because he was losing a craps game is a member of the group and was literally just shooting at random.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Not sure where you're getting that, but the investigation hasn't concluded and there are a lot of unsubstantiated claims about what went on that should be taken with a large grain of salt.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:16 am Not sure where you're getting that, but the investigation hasn't concluded and there are a lot of unsubstantiated claims about what went on that should be taken with a large grain of salt.
That was the original report I saw.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Didn't know she is his daughter.
May the universe receive him.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:18 pm Didn't know she is his daughter.
May the universe receive him.
It was a big thing at one time in the media because they were estranged for a long time. I think they did reconcile at some point. I hope that is the case anyway. RIP.

Post by JazzNU »

They reconciled awhile ago. She presented the lifetime achievement award to him at the Daytime Emmys. No way she does that if they weren't back on good terms.

Not trying to make this about Jennifer though. He was fantastic on Days of Our Lives. They were lucky to have him and the show wouldn't have been anywhere as good without him. Victor Kiriakis was of the best villains ever on daytime soaps.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I really enjoyed his character on Days of our Lives. RIP
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I’m seeing reports that Nick Bolletierri has passed at age 91, following a long illness.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

He changed the game, inside and out of the court. Some for good, some for other.
But I found him an honest man. RIP.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

RIP
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

There are now conflicting reports that this may have been a false alarm. I'm seeing a statement supposedly from Nick other people's Twitter accounts and linked to Nick's official Instagram page stating he's still alive and kicking. However, I don't actually see that post when I go to his IG page.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I see nothing official announcing Bollettieri's death. Some are speculating - other tennis forums, some 2nd rate online tennis sites... but no official announcement.

The only official statement I've seen comes from Nick's daughter, which states that he "is close to transitioning to the next place", with a photo. It can be seen here...
https://tennistonic.com/tennis-news/489 ... pass-away/

In every case, out of respect for the individual and their family, people should wait until official confirmation of one's death before speculating or announcing anything about it online/publicly.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »