The Tennis Coaching Merry Go Round

Our main board to talk about our sport
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: The Tennis Coaching Merry Go Round

Post by meganfernandez »

Speaking of Tursanov… Big Sascha has publicly said he’s interested. And not at all bothered by all the coaching changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

meganfernandez wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:05 pm Speaking of Tursanov… Big Sascha has publicly said he’s interested. And not at all bothered by all the coaching changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

If you change coaches that fast, you are not being coached. You are having a brief conversation.
Very odd approach.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Come on, people... All this talk about Emma's coaches constantly being 'fired' is pure gossip. There's no way that these coaches are 'fired' in the sense of being surprised by it. If that were the case, no-one would bite.
It is surely done in some kind of amicable manner - perhaps even via mutual agreement...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:05 pm Speaking of Tursanov… Big Sascha has publicly said he’s interested. And not at all bothered by all the coaching changes.

Sascha isn't coaching anyone right now though, correct? Because seems like it's one thing to not be coaching someone and then take her on for a few weeks and then get a real contract with another player and quite the other to leave a coaching relationship thinking this one will last for a bit and getting ditched after a few weeks despite good results.

This stint with Tursunov, if true, shows how little structure there is to these decisions in Emma's camp. It's not like 6 weeks or 3 months or the summer hardcourt season or something more concrete and planned. It seems like quite the scatterbrain approach.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:18 pm

Sascha isn't coaching anyone right now though, correct? Because seems like it's one thing to not be coaching someone and then take her on for a few weeks and then get a real contract with another player and quite the other to leave a coaching relationship thinking this one will last for a bit and getting ditched after a few weeks despite good results.

This stint with Tursunov, if true, shows how little structure there is to these decisions in Emma's camp. It's not like 6 weeks or 3 months or the summer hardcourt season or something more concrete and planned. It seems like quite the scatterbrain approach.
Sascha isn't coaching anyone right now. Yes, that's an apples to oranges situation, unless the existing coaching relationship was already fraying. I don't think the Tursunov think is confirmed. Just a rumor, although a credible one.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

But will he listen this time?

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:36 pm
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

half serious/half jerky/half idiot question (yes, 3/2 question, because it is me). Who is more spoiled: Shapo or Stefanos?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 am half serious/half jerky/half idiot question (yes, 3/2 question, because it is me). Who is more spoiled: Shapo or Stefanos?
It's a tie.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:36 pm

When Youhzny came aboard the first time, it made a significant positive difference for Denis.
We'll see what happens this time. One thing for sure is that Denis needs something.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 am half serious/half jerky/half idiot question (yes, 3/2 question, because it is me). Who is more spoiled: Shapo or Stefanos?
I think I'd go with Stefanos are the more spoiled one, but I'd say Shapo is probably more entitled. Neither is appealing.
AcesAnnie United States of America

Post by AcesAnnie »

That is a really tough question, I am leaning Shapo only because I think Stefanos tries to hide it a lot. We see right through it, but he still tries. Shapo it is right out there.

Post by JazzNU »

I see what you mean to a certain extent with him trying to hide it a bit more but that's strictly on court, and it's also so unsuccessful. Off court, he's openly begging for his daddy and whining about it's not fair like a spoiled brat for sure. And it still spills out on court for him at times. He has the more memorable spats with his dad in-match, whereas I feel like Shapo's got more memorable spats with umpires.