The Tennis Coaching Merry Go Round

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The Tennis Coaching Merry Go Round

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:47 pm
A guy that has been living in the USA for a long time, right?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:49 pm
A guy that has been living in the USA for a long time, right?
Since Dmitry was a young teenager for sure and he's got to be 40 by now. Maybe he moved back to Russia in recent years? In the past, he's been described as a California boy and if you've ever heard him speak, I'm serious when I say, I tend to think Kenin speaks with a stronger Russian accent than he does.

Wonder what visa problem he's having. UK isn't banning Russians from entry to visit or work there, which has been a large part of the backlash that Wimbledon has faced. But maybe countries are slow rolling the visa approvals for Russian passports even if they aren't outright banned.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

JazzNU wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:27 pm Wonder what visa problem he's having. UK isn't banning Russians from entry to visit or work there, which has been a large part of the backlash that Wimbledon has faced. But maybe countries are slow rolling the visa approvals for Russian passports even if they aren't outright banned.
Most countries that have sanctioned Russia have stopped or limited consular processes within the country - so you can't get a visa processed even if eligible. For example, although Russians aren't banned from the EU, it is virtually impossible to get a new visa, only a couple countries are still processing them.

I did think Tursunov had US Permanent Residency, but he hasn't been living in the US for some time - he was married for some years to a jewelry designer who is based in Dubai and has a kid. So he may have lost the green card.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

And even if he still had it can US permanent residents travel to EU visa free? I'd think that's only for citizens.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Suliso wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:52 pm And even if he still had it can US permanent residents travel to EU visa free? I'd think that's only for citizens.
You're right of course, big brain fart here.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Leos Friedl will now coach Pliskova. He worked with her last US Open when Bajin was having visa problems.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

https://www.wtatennis.com/news/2684809/ ... from-osaka

This one suggests it was Wisette who left? Can't be sure, maybe reading too much into some headline
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It is not totally clear, bur being him the one that made the announcement, it would seem the default setting.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Big Sascha has a great interview on the new episode of the Craig Shapiro Podcast. Said the he had to make Osaka do embarrassing things in public to get over her self-consciousness on court, that he and Serena are on good terms, and that he would love to work with Raducanu (he’s not worried about the turnover). And Anisimova.

Also, he won’t take another gig until the after the US Open - he has had offers - and will hit with anyone for free on Sundays in Miami. When and where TBA. So if you live nearby or want to meet me there… :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by meganfernandez on Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:52 pm Big Sascha has a great interview on the new episode of the Craig Shapiro Podcast. Said the Osaka firing was a surprise and all her, that he and Serena are on good terms, and that he would love to work with Raducanu (he’s not worried about the turnover). And Anisimova.

Also, he won’t take another gig until the after the US Open - he has had offers - and will hit with anyone for free on Sundays in Miami. When and where TBA. So if you live nearby or want to meet me there… :)

Is he willing to take on a Junior unknown ? :lol:
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote:
meganfernandez wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:52 pm Big Sascha has a great interview on the new episode of the Craig Shapiro Podcast. Said the Osaka firing was a surprise and all her, that he and Serena are on good terms, and that he would love to work with Raducanu (he’s not worried about the turnover). And Anisimova.

Wouldnt hurt to ask. :) go to Miami! I am seriously thinking about going. What a fun opportunity.

Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:32 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:

Wouldnt hurt to ask. :) go to Miami! I am seriously thinking about going. What a fun opportunity.

I would have to do it before school starts.