'22 RG Day 9 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Deuce Canada

Re: '22 RG Day 9 OoP & Discussion

Post by Deuce »

JTContinental wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:14 pm Unsurprising
Absolutely.
Both on my end and on the end of those who do what I describe on a routine basis.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

You clearly know nothing about me or my personality based on your broad generalization.

I’m starting to feel less than respectful toward parts of this conversation, so I’m going to dip before I get mean. I do value much of what was said here though.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

nelslus wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:47 pm
"TAT2.0 is NOT a safe space" is very telling to me and speaks volumes. While focusing on why conservatives have left, perhaps also consider why women, people of color, LGBTQ, etc. folks have also left. The world is exhausting enough as is. Why choose to frequently participate in a site if you feel that you and your views get invalidated?

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

JTContinental wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:32 pm You clearly know nothing about me or my personality based on your broad generalization.

I’m starting to feel less than respectful toward parts of this conversation, so I’m going to dip before I get mean. I do value much of what was said here though.
That you feel I'm targeting you specifically speaks volumes.
You've targeted me personally in the past rather aggressively for what you think I am (without knowing me at all beyond this message board). And I'm ok with that, as long as I have the opportunity for rebuttal, which has been the case.
So I see your response above as the pot calling the kettle black - and that is even without me specifically targeting you as you have done to me in the past.
This is then an example of what I describe in my post above.

More recently, in the past several months, you and I have been quite pleasantly respectful of each other. We've commented on each other's posts amicably, and I had thought that we were past the problems. But you're bringing them back now within the discussion on this subject - reacting and commenting specifically to my posts.
As previously, as long as I have the opportunity for rebuttal, I will not deny your right to criticize me, even in a personal manner. I'd rather you didn't - but I can't control that.

I'm just saddened that some people here take general comments and/or disagreements with their position as if they are personal criticisms.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower