by ashkor87 We have been playing on clay with Yonex balls..was initally resistant but they have worked well for us ..the Wilson balls seem very hard, we get injured after a couple days play with them
Just saying...fyi

by Deuce
ashkor87 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:09 am We have been playing on clay with Yonex balls..was initally resistant but they have worked well for us ..the Wilson balls seem very hard, we get injured after a couple days play with them
Just saying...fyi
I don't think I've ever even SEEN Yonex balls - let alone played with them. I guess their availability is continent-dependent to a degree, with them being based in Japan.

After seeing articles, etc. on how much pollution tennis balls produce and how much environmental damage they cause, I wanted to try pressureless balls, because I've read where people said they could keep using these balls for a long, long time (months, and in some cases years!) - which obviously results in fewer balls polluting and in landfills.

Unfortunately, pressureless balls are much more difficult to find in stores here (Canada) than they were 30 years ago, which is when I last tried them. More companies are making pressureless balls now (back then, it was pretty much only Tretorn) - but you have to buy them in bulk in massive numbers today - which is not very conducive to testing them, of course. It's difficult to find 30 tennis playing friends who want to share a big batch of pressureless balls. 30 - 40 years ago, you could buy a box of 3 Tretorn balls pretty much anywhere.

The problem with the Tretorns of a few decades ago is that they were very hard and heavy. About as good for the arm/elbow as using Kevlar strings is (and if you really want to die 1000 deaths, hit the Tretorn pressureless balls from 30 years ago with Kevlar strings!)

I did find a box of 3 'Artengo' (Decathlon) pressureless balls, and bought them. They were interesting. In the store, I took one out of its cardboard box (pressureless, remember), and bounced it on the floor. It bounced like a regular, pressurized tennis ball.
Bouncing them on the court, as well, they bounced like a regular tennis ball...
When you hit them with your racquet (actually, the strings, hopefully ;) ), the sound is different. The rubber of the pressureless ball is thicker than the rubber in a pressurized ball, and it produces a more 'hollow' sound.

As well, despite the thicker rubber, the pressureless balls compress more than the pressurized balls when struck. This results in a ball which is slower than a pressurized ball. It's simply not as lively as a pressurized ball. The pressureless ball is thus easier to control, and easier to play with.
Unfortunately, though, that is not what I was looking for.

After playing a set and a half with the pressureless balls, they bounced just as well as they did when brand new when I bounced them on the court from my hand. The felt was dirty and more used, of course - and the ink was half worn off on the label.

by ashkor87 we did try the Wilson pressureless ones, and didnt like them.. seemed too hard on the elbows..

by ponchi101 I also have never seen Yonex balls, but I don't think they would be bad. I have played with Yonex racquets (the old R-22) and with shoes, and they were both very well made. No doubt the balls would be good too.
Because I am at around 2,600 Mts/10,000 ft altitude, I was playing with Tretorn pressure-less balls here. As you say, very hard balls but they last a long time. Even the felt seems to last longer.
But I would not play with them at low altitudes. Who knows how hard you would need to swing to make them move.

by Cuckoo4Coco I have never seen Yonex tennis balls either and I have also only ever played on a clay court once in my life.

I use the Wilson Championship Extra Duty Tennis Balls.

by ponchi101 You have to try to get some time on clay/hartru. It will help a lot with footwork, and later in life (and I do mean much, much, much, much later in life) playing on soft courts will be good for your tennis longevity.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:24 pm You have to try to get some time on clay/hartru. It will help a lot with footwork, and later in life (and I do mean much, much, much, much later in life) playing on soft courts will be good for your tennis longevity.
I have played 99% of my tennis on typical hard courts. I have played 1 time on a clay court surface and it was a totally different experience. I really do feel though if I had the experience on clay courts I would excel on them. As for grass courts I have never played on one nor have I ever seen on other than on television.

by ponchi101 As a serve and volley player when I was young, and with a rather flat FH (I can put more spin on my BH), I always dreamt of playing on grass. It must be such fun.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:10 pm As a serve and volley player when I was young, and with a rather flat FH (I can put more spin on my BH), I always dreamt of playing on grass. It must be such fun.
Not a serve and volley player at all and I would probably be a horrific player on grass courts. I really think my game would be more suited for clay courts if I had the opportunity to play on that surface more than the big 1 time I have played on it.

by ashkor87 The first time I played serve and volley (I must have been 14,) I fell and broke my elbow!! It was a slippery clay court just after a rain shower..so everyone should be careful!

by ashkor87 I blame it on Krishnan..he saw me serve and told me someone with a serve like that should follow it up to the net..!!

by Deuce
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 am The first time I played serve and volley (I must have been 14,) I fell and broke my elbow!! It was a slippery clay court just after a rain shower..so everyone should be careful!
^ Water is supposed to make clay LESS slippery, not more slippery.
Unless there's too much water, of course...
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:46 am I blame it on Krishnan..he saw me serve and told me someone with a serve like that should follow it up to the net..!!
^ Ramesh or his father?

by ashkor87 Ramesh is younger than I am..much younger..so yes, his father Ramanathan .Ramesh was briefly my son's coach

by ponchi101
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:09 am Ramesh is younger than I am..much younger..so yes, his father Ramanathan .Ramesh was briefly my son's coach
Color me impressed. :thumbsup:

by Cuckoo4Coco I have a question about how long does a can of tennis balls you practice with last you? My coach opens a new can each session so for me that is 5 cans per week because 1 of my practices I don't pick up my racquet and hit at all. Now the other tennis balls I use in the previous sessions don't get thrown out. They get re-cycled in doing some side hitting or hitting that isn't what our main focus of the session is that I am going to be learning that day.

I am just wondering if any of you use a new can every time you practice or play a match with someone?

by ponchi101 It is about economics.
I used to buy two boxes of pressureless balls (Tretorns) that would last me two weeks. Tretorns are basically the most durable of all balls, and those two boxes would last me my 4 hours in those two weeks (two training sessions of one hour each).
But of course, you are doing two hours a day, and you are most likely belting the ball more than I. So, if you can afford the routine that your coach carries on, it sounds logical. For my age, there was no need to change balls that frequently.
To me, the other really crucial aspect are grips. I change one grip per racquet once a week. It means two grip changes per month per racquet.
Strings: when they break. I hit a fairly flat ball so my strings can last several months.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:22 pm It is about economics.
I used to buy two boxes of pressureless balls (Tretorns) that would last me two weeks. Tretorns are basically the most durable of all balls, and those two boxes would last me my 4 hours in those two weeks (two training sessions of one hour each).
But of course, you are doing two hours a day, and you are most likely belting the ball more than I. So, if you can afford the routine that your coach carries on, it sounds logical. For my age, there was no need to change balls that frequently.
To me, the other really crucial aspect are grips. I change one grip per racquet once a week. It means two grip changes per month per racquet.
Strings: when they break. I hit a fairly flat ball so my strings can last several months.
I would imagine you are stronger than me and you at least hit the ball with the same intensity as me. Now I may use more spin on the ball and make it do more things, but I don't know. I always carry grips in my bag just in case any of my racquets need to be changed. As for stringing, I string my racquets at a certain tension and even if the strings do not break after awhile I do have my racquets restrung to get them back to the tension that I play with and also if the strings start to wear in certain areas. My coach also strings racquets so that is a major plus for me.

by ponchi101 I string mine at 57 Lbs so, after a few hits, they will come down to about 55, which is where I like my NCode to be.
I am not a power player; I am a timing player so, after a few weeks off the court, it takes me a considerable time to get that timing again and be able to put speed on the ball. That is the reason I can keep my strings for longer.
About strength: my last injury was a bad case of golfer's elbow (epitrocleitis or medial epicondylitis) after trying to serve an entire match using a kick. So much for strength :D (I think I have recovered by now).

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:26 pm I string mine at 57 Lbs so, after a few hits, they will come down to about 55, which is where I like my NCode to be.
I am not a power player; I am a timing player so, after a few weeks off the court, it takes me a considerable time to get that timing again and be able to put speed on the ball. That is the reason I can keep my strings for longer.
About strength: my last injury was a bad case of golfer's elbow (epitrocleitis or medial epicondylitis) after trying to serve an entire match using a kick. So much for strength :D (I think I have recovered by now).
I actually have my racquets strung lower than yours at 45 lbs because it is suppose to add power to the game and also for younger players they are suppose to string at a lower tension to limit arm problems. Also like you say the tension goes down some after hitting.

I am so sorry you had that elbow injury, but I am glad it has gotten better now and I bet you will not be serving the kick serve an entire match ever again.

by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:33 pm ...

I actually have my racquets strung lower than yours at 45 lbs because it is suppose to add power to the game and also for younger players they are suppose to string at a lower tension to limit arm problems. Also like you say the tension goes down some after hitting.

I am so sorry you had that elbow injury, but I am glad it has gotten better now and I bet you will not be serving the kick serve an entire match ever again.
Lower tensions, more power, higher tensions, more accuracy.
That is what they told me ages ago. As I was a serve and volleyer, I needed to be able to control my volleys up front. I usually tried to stay back for two, three strokes. If I was not at the net by then, I was doing something wrong.
I once strung my Pro Staff Original at 75 Lbs, and lined it on each side with lead tape. I basically copied Sampras' racquet. Went out, hit with the racquet for about 5 minutes. The depth and pace were amazing... for about 4:30 minutes. Then my arm started to get tired. It was such a heavy ball I simply could not swing the racquet anymore.
Lead tape off, wasted $20 on a string job. Never again. :D
(I was around 29, so my elbow took it. Today, I would break some ligaments for sure).

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:33 pm ...

Lower tensions, more power, higher tensions, more accuracy.
That is what they told me ages ago. As I was a serve and volleyer, I needed to be able to control my volleys up front. I usually tried to stay back for two, three strokes. If I was not at the net by then, I was doing something wrong.
I once strung my Pro Staff Original at 75 Lbs, and lined it on each side with lead tape. I basically copied Sampras' racquet. Went out, hit with the racquet for about 5 minutes. The depth and pace were amazing... for about 4:30 minutes. Then my arm started to get tired. It was such a heavy ball I simply could not swing the racquet anymore.
Lead tape off, wasted $20 on a string job. Never again. :D
(I was around 29, so my elbow took it. Today, I would break some ligaments for sure).
That is why my coach tells me to keep the stringing at a low tension unless I want some arm problems, especially at the young age I am. I think they tell kids my age the exact same thing. I still have the control and with the way my strength is, I could use the extra power on my ground strokes anyway.

I often wonder what percentage of young players coming up destroy their arms or elbow before they even get much of a chance to reach the primes of their careers. If my career is going to be college I want to play my max tennis at that age. I don't want to spend most of my time in the training room.

by Deuce Not to mention that today's racquets are lighter and stiffer than the racquets of the '80s and '90s. Apparently, fibreglass (a flexible material that gives great feel) isn't 'cool' anymore...
(I have one racquet that is 100% fibreglass (from 1981), and it's the best feeling racquet I've ever hit with in my life. But it's also about 68 sq. in. Similar to the Arthur Ashe Competition racquets. I even had a couple of pro players hit with it, and they really liked it. I would pay a lot of money for a 93 sq. in. frame made exactly like that one.)

I, too, string my racquets low - anywhere between 44 lbs and 55 lbs, and have been doing that ever since I can remember. And I've never had any significant arm or elbow problems.
Playing with full polyester now. I hit extremely flat, and, honestly, my strings last YEARS (I have a stringing machine, but I string other people's racquets much more than my own). I rotate through 5 racquets mostly (and bring out the oldies from time to time). I hate my racquets when they're freshly strung - it takes a good 2 weeks at least before they start feeling right to me. And even after a few years, they still feel great (and I beat people who are proud of their freshly strung racquet which is restrung every week or two :D ).
It's similar in pickleball - people ridicule my $40 Wilson paddle from Costco - but it's the best feeling paddle I've ever tried (and I've tried over a dozen) - and the people who make fun of my paddle are using paddles that cost between $150 and $250 - and I beat them with my $40 Costco paddle (their ridiculing my paddles is done good naturedly).
"It's not the tools - it's the carpenter." :D

by Deuce As for balls... As I mentioned in post #2 of this thread, I've been thinking a lot lately about the pollution that tennis balls create. So I use them as long as I can - as long as they provide a decent tennis experience.
I'd love to be able to find a ball I can use for 10 hours or more, though.
Pressureless balls (mainly Tretorn) used to be more easily available in stores here - but now, they're not in any stores, and when ordering them, you have to order a huge amount.
I just want to test different brands of pressureless balls - but boxes of 3 is virtually impossible to find.

Cuckoo, you've said that you are very concerned about environmental issues. That's great. I wrote this a few months ago about recycling balls...

https://www.talkabouttennis2.com/viewto ... 800#p40789

... And then there's this (I'm genuinely sorry for what you're about to feel upon watching this - but we should not hide from the truth)...

by Cuckoo4Coco
Deuce wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:51 am As for balls... As I mentioned in post #2 of this thread, I've been thinking a lot lately about the pollution that tennis balls create. So I use them as long as I can - as long as they provide a decent tennis experience.
I'd love to be able to find a ball I can use for 10 hours or more, though.
Pressureless balls (mainly Tretorn) used to be more easily available in stores here - but now, they're not in any stores, and when ordering them, you have to order a huge amount.
I just want to test different brands of pressureless balls - but boxes of 3 is virtually impossible to find.

Cuckoo, you've said that you are very concerned about environmental issues. That's great. I wrote this a few months ago about recycling balls...

https://www.talkabouttennis2.com/viewto ... 800#p40789

... And then there's this (I'm genuinely sorry for what you're about to feel upon watching this - but we should not hide from the truth)...

Thank You for this. I am always looking for more information about and concerning the environment. That is really what I want to do with my career if tennis does not go farther than college for me.

by Cuckoo4Coco One thing I am going to do today is talk with my coach about getting the Wilson Triniti tennis balls and talk to my mom and grandpa that these are the tennis balls I want to use and for them to find and purchase for my practices.

by ponchi101 Tennis warehouse has them by the bulk:
https://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson ... INPRO.html

Funny. Wilson has re-issued the Pro Staff Original 6.0 85sqin. $219.00 ea. I remember when it came out it sold around $149.99. If I were younger I would buy two, but I know that I could not play with it anymore. To me, the greatest racquet ever made. But times have changed.

by ashkor87 We open 2 new cans every 3 days...but we are only club players... we play 2 hours a day max.

by Deuce
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:11 pm Tennis warehouse has them by the bulk:

Funny. Wilson has re-issued the Pro Staff Original 6.0 85sqin. $219.00 ea. I remember when it came out it sold around $149.99. If I were younger I would buy two, but I know that I could not play with it anymore. To me, the greatest racquet ever made. But times have changed.
Head did the same with the Pro Tour 630/280 a couple of years ago (I think it's still available). There was debate over whether the reissue played the same as the original. Most people said No.

These are 2 frames I'm familiar with - I still have 2 Pro Tours that I play with, and I played the Pro Staff 6.0 for a few years. Both very, very nice frames with really good feel. I could never serve well with the Pro Staff, though, for some reason.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:11 pm Tennis warehouse has them by the bulk:

I spoke to my coach and also my grandpa and they both agreed with me. They also both know how important I value the environment. I will also mention this to mom and I know she will be all for it.

Thanx for the link. If I can do anything for the environment and still play and enjoy the game I love then I will do it. I am also going to spread this around the club I practice at and play at. Not sure that it will go very far as many won't really listen to a kid, but if my coach also puts the word in their ears than it might spread around.

by ponchi101 The Triniti's will catch on very soon, and the rest of the manufacturers will follow. It is a win-win for everybody.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:29 pm The Triniti's will catch on very soon, and the rest of the manufacturers will follow. It is a win-win for everybody.
According to the video some of the players and manufacturers have really liked how the balls have performed. I know I am going to support them.

by Deuce It must be noted that, while an improvement, the Wilson Triniti balls are not an ultimate solution. Eventually, they find their way into landfills, too - it just maybe takes a little longer for them to get there.

To me, this (link below) is a much better and obviously more sustainable - solution, though more difficult to implement...

https://www.tennisballrecycling.com

by Cuckoo4Coco
Deuce wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:18 am It must be noted that, while an improvement, the Wilson Triniti balls are not an ultimate solution. Eventually, they find their way into landfills, too - it just maybe takes a little longer for them to get there.

To me, this (link below) is a much better and obviously more sustainable - solution, though more difficult to implement...

https://www.tennisballrecycling.com

I love this idea. This is the type of job I need after I graduate from college with my degree in Environmental Sciences.

by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm ...

I love this idea. This is the type of job I need after I graduate from college with my degree in Environmental Sciences.
If I may.
My undergraduate is Environmental Technology. Don't go there; you are basically lab personnel.
Environmental Sciences: A bit better, but you will be studying problems and measuring environmental issues. You will be the person saying "Oh, we have this problem HERE, and it is caused by this and that, and it will eventually lead to THIS OTHER PROBLEM". A fine area of sciences, highly multidisciplinary, but...
If you want to find solutions, it is ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING. And, the way things are going, we will need GEO ENGINEERING very, very soon. Even if we were to cut down on all emissions TOMORROW, there are already enough CC gases in the atmosphere to keep up a warming trend for decades. The Environmental Engineer is the guy/gal that will find new technologies for more sustainable buildings, better managed landfills, produce the systems and the machinery to recycle more efficiently.
Just saying. But any of the last two choices are fine careers. For sciences, you will need a Masters later on, most likely a PhD.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:32 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:53 pm ...

If I may.
My undergraduate is Environmental Technology. Don't go there; you are basically lab personnel.
Environmental Sciences: A bit better, but you will be studying problems and measuring environmental issues. You will be the person saying "Oh, we have this problem HERE, and it is caused by this and that, and it will eventually lead to THIS OTHER PROBLEM". A fine area of sciences, highly multidisciplinary, but...
If you want to find solutions, it is ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING. And, the way things are going, we will need GEO ENGINEERING very, very soon. Even if we were to cut down on all emissions TOMORROW, there are already enough CC gases in the atmosphere to keep up a warming trend for decades. The Environmental Engineer is the guy/gal that will find new technologies for more sustainable buildings, better managed landfills, produce the systems and the machinery to recycle more efficiently.
Just saying. But any of the last two choices are fine careers. For sciences, you will need a Masters later on, most likely a PhD.
I am also looking into schools for Environmental Engineering as well for sure.

by AcesAnnie Reading through some of this thread has really got me thinking a lot more about my selection of tennis balls. To be honest when I go to the court, I don't really think much about the tennis balls I am going to be hitting with. I am nothing more than a novice player, so some that are round, have felt on it, and bounce good works for me. It can be a mixed match set of balls and doesn't have to be a brand new can of balls.

Reading this information about the environment and the tennis balls has got me thinking maybe it is time to change things up a bit for me when I go to the court.

Triniti.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Because of my elbow problem, today I switched from by beloved but hard-as-rocks Tretorns to Wilson Triniti's.
First, they are a pressure-less ball, so if you don't like the feel of them, these ones are still in that category. They are good for my altitude (2,600 Mts OSL) so in that aspect, they made no difference.
The good thing is that they don't seem to be much different from regular Wilsons. They are light, and much lighter than the Tretorn's (then again, few balls are as heavy as them). They feel very much like my memory of Wilson US Open, and are compact.
The main issue, which was to hit with a softer ball, was accomplished. They feel light, fly well through the air and it is easy to generate speed with them. I am a bit iffy about the felt, though; the shot is after just one hour of play, and I bought two boxes, so there were 6 balls. It has always been my peeve with WIlsons and Penn/Heads; they lose the felt quickly.
They were not particularly more expensive then the other balls. One box came at about $7, but that is here in Colombia, where things are so expensive.
Overall, they are good.
Triniti.jpg

by Deuce I have read that the Trinitis are pressureless, and I've read that they are not pressureless, but that they have less pressure than regular balls, and have a thicker wall, which results in less leaks of the pressure.
In the end, though, whether they have pressure or are pressureless, it's the feel and duration that count the most, I suppose.

They apparently have some new kind of felt that is supposedly also thicker than regular felt. Thicker doesn't necessarily mean longer lasting, though.

It's odd that you're saying that the balls (not just the Trinitis, but other balls, as well) are losing the felt quickly, given that you play on clay, where regular duty felt is most often used because the felt lasts longer on clay than on hard courts, which is what extra duty felt is made for.

In terms of the environmental benefits, which Wilson is typically using to over-market the ball... sure, it's an improvement over regular balls if it does actually last longer - but to call it 'sustainable' is overkill. These balls still end up in the garbage and in landfills, where they take decades - or centuries - to decompose.

Here is Wilson's blurb on the details of the Triniti... (their 'excitement' about the packaging is rather ridiculous, as it's simply thin cardboard - hardly a ground-breaking innovation)...

https://www.wilson.com/en-gb/explore/la ... is/triniti

by Ainsley Most of the time I use the Wilson US Open tennis balls.

by ponchi101 I will put these here because it is directly tied to balls.

'Super fluffy' tennis balls are causing injuries fear leading players

Gist. The balls are too heavy and become too fluffy after just a few games. In Medvedev's opinion, you can't hit a winner when the balls are at the end of their 9 game cycle.
He is talking about the Dunlops, which I really, really like (they are the same as the Slazengers).

So, in this case, not the courts. It is the balls.

by Deuce So is it that the balls get too 'fluffy', or that they lose pressure?
Nadal and Murray are complaining about the balls losing pressure and feeling dead, and mention nothing about the 'fluffiness'... but Medvedev isn't talking about the loss of pressure, he's complaining only that the balls get too 'fluffy'.

Whatever the problem is, it seems clear that the Dunlop balls are of lower quality than they used to be. This is perhaps (likely, I'd say) because Dunlop has found a way to manufacture their balls using even cheaper labour than before - which would be a shame, of course.

I played with Dunlop balls once last summer - the guy I played against brought them. I didn't like them at all. They felt dead right out of the can, like dollar store balls. I don't know which type of Dunlop balls they were - every company makes about 10 different kinds of balls of various qualities these days, unfortunately.

Also, I don't think Henman's theory of blaming the chair umpires for starting the serve clock too late holds water. The serve clock is a new thing, and, with the exception of matches involving certain players - like Nadal -, players weren't complaining that matches were taking too long before the serve clock came into existence.

While on the subject of balls... you said that you recently switched away from the Tretorn pressureless balls (because of arm/elbow problems, I believe), and you were trying the Wilson Triniti balls. Have you liked the Trinitis? How have you found them to play, compared with the Tretorns?

by ponchi101 I really liked the Triniti. They are very hard, but are lighter than the Tretorns. The felt held for considerable time, and I did not notice a loss of performance that was not the expected kind once the balls got a bit old.
If you like control, I felt they gave me enough and at the same time, I was able to make them move. They felt like Wilson US Opens, with a bit longer lasting shelf life.
I would not hesitate to recommend them, especially for people that play attacking tennis.

by Scoob I was actually surprised at the performance of the Triniti tennis balls. They had a great feel to them when hitting with them and were quite flexible. The felt was pretty durable and lasted a good long time. The best thing about these tennis balls though was the packaging. 100% fully recyclable packaging.

Tretorn_balls.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 I bought two boxes of a new ball by Tretorn. They are called Z's (as in, ZOMBIE) and are certainly an answer to the Wilson Trinitis.
They are on the soft side and are a good rally ball. A bit heavy but I did not feel them being rough on my elbow. They seem to be a good ball to keep in play and are especially good for practicing. I suspect that if you like to hit winners, this ball is not for you; it takes some considerable power to get them going but, if your aim is to get plenty of exercise by engaging on long rallies, they should do nicely.
The felt is soft and thick, so it may last long enough. After one hour of playing on clay, they show little wear. I suppose they will be good for about 4 outings.

Overall, a good ball from Tretorn. Of course, they are pressure-less, so they suit Bogota's altitude. At lower elevations, who know how fast they can travel.
Tretorn_balls.jpg

by JTContinental Wow every fake TAT member sure had a lot to say about tennis balls…

by ponchi101
JTContinental wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:20 pm Wow every fake TAT member sure had a lot to say about tennis balls…
They were heavily involved. Fake, but involved. Go figure... ;)