by ponchi101 During the life span of TAT1.0, three people received honorary awards for their help and performance in the forum. Two have joined us here: Ti-amie and James. There has never been a doubt of how worthy they were of those medals.
However, there always was a conspicuous absence in that category. And with that sentence, you should by now know where this is heading. But our dear friend was always a bit too humble to assign himself an award, and that only makes him more deserving of one.
I felt like designing a new medal or icon for this occasion, but two things stopped me: one, my obvious lack of skill (and software) to do a graphic design of a proper award, and second, that I felt that he should not be the first recipient of a new award, but the last recipient of the classic design. If, and most likely it will be when, a new person gets an honorary award here at TAT2.0, then I will find out how to design something new. But the people that received that award from TAT1.0 will be 4, and no more.
We all understand that these are small gestures, and in a sense, they are trivial. It will be a little icon on his profile. And yet, it pleases me enormously to be able to award Kirkus with his HONORARY MEDAL. To list the reasons why would be borderline ridiculous, so I wonโ€™t.
But it is clear that you deserved this, and you did a long time ago. TAT1.0 may have stopped working yesterday. It does not mean it is gone. This award thanks you for that brilliant idea, and for everything you did to make it work.
I yield to the gang.

by Kirkus It's not trivial at all. I'm honored. Thank you so much.

by atlpam Congrats to Kirkus - well deserved! and Thanks to ponchi for acknowledging all his hard work over the years with a visible memento!

by ti-amie Fully deserved.

by the Moz Cheers Kirkus!!

by Deuce
ponchi101 wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:56 pm ... I felt that he should not be the first recipient of a new award, but the last recipient of the classic design.
^ Very well said (written), ponchi.

And very well deserved for Kirkus.

Thanks much to both of you for the two forums, and the pleasures we've all derived - and will derive - from them.

by meganfernandez I love this! An oasis of delight in the swamp of the Internet. Well deserved, Kirkus, and you are all good people.

by mmmm8 This thread got lost for me before, so am a little late.

All Hail Kirkus!!

by lukeorion Congrats and well deserved!

by New England Nitemare Agreed, Congrats to Kirkus!!!!

by Ribbons ๐Ÿ’–