The Rune is Washed Up Thread.

Our main board to talk about our sport
nelslus United States of America

The Rune is Washed Up Thread.

Post by nelslus »

OK, for the moment, I am willing to put aside further discussion of the possibility of Rune potentially being a Baby Homophobe (and, who knows, potentially also a closet-case) (allegedly). And, yes, he's 19. Plenty of time to out-grow some bad habits.

But- at least for now- can we all agree that, al least, at this moment of time, Rune is one nasty little pill? I swear, I want Rune and Anisimova to play mixed at Wimbledon. so we can figure out who is the biggest Mope of the tours. :o
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
Suliso Latvia

Re: The Rune is Washed Up Thread.

Post by Suliso »

Amanda is ok, no? Gets down on herself but otherwise fine...
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Since you wish this topic to run(e) on this subject.... ;)
Yes, yesterday he was less than palatable. He crosses one of my lines with the coaching, which yesterday was obvious. The fist pumping after every, single, unspectacular point grows boring around the 3rd game of the match. So, if the limited amount of data is to be taken as the full sample, he is on his way to join the dark side of the NextGen, not the good and pure young Padawans.
And please, if you are going to open topics, stay around a bit longer than just during the Slams. The bridge is open :)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:58 am Amanda is ok, no? Gets down on herself but otherwise fine...
Many on various forms of social media are down on Amanda's sportsmanship for sure. The handshakes, the eyerolls and the overall brattiness are not popular. And right or wrong given the truly bizarre sequence of events that happened with her coaching situation, the way she handled Indian Wells and retired will stick with her for awhile.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

She is not the jolliest of losers, that is for sure.

Post by nelslus »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:28 pm Since you wish this topic to run(e) on this subject.... ;)
HEY, now, I was gonna encourage continuing our The Great Rune debates through re-opening my Wertheim thread. So, count your blessings, bub. :shock:

Post by nelslus »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:31 pmMany on various forms of social media are down on Amanda's sportsmanship for sure. The handshakes, the eyerolls and the overall brattiness are not popular. And right or wrong given the truly bizarre sequence of events that happened with her coaching situation, the way she handled Indian Wells and retired will stick with her for awhile.
All very, very true. I also must add that, over and over again in matches, Amanda looks like she is about to cry. She can be up 6-2, 5-1, 30-15, miss a backhand, and be ready for the waterworks. All she needs to add to her act during matches is the rendering of garments, and her Lady Macbeth look will be complete. :gorgeous:
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I posted some of this in the Roland Garros tournament thread but this situation will not die down quickly so I guess it's better to post this here.

It is also alleged that Rune shouted at his mother to leave at some point of the match and that she did but I can't find the reference.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

What in the heck was Rune thinking making this up? Trying to deflect from the negative coverage he was getting following the match and just embarrassed about losing? Ruud is known to be one of the nicest guys on tour and I didn't notice a single negative word said about his behavior during the match yesterday when I was trying to figure out all that went down. Who in the world did Rune think was going to believe this? The only person Casper's had a go at on social media to my knowledge and it's been justified has been Kyrgios, who has continually taken shots at him.

As for his mother, @ponchi said Rune was conversing with her back and forth during the match on a Justine/Carlos level.

Post by nelslus »

AND there is something to be said about, what happens in the locker room needs to stay in the locker room....

I mean, if Ruud did indeed do this, Babyface Rune, after all of your obnoxiousness the past few hours during the match- you had that coming and more. If this is indeed all a lie on Rune's part (spoiler alert: my theory)- then, this is just disgusting and even at least a bit disturbing. Nowhere near the level of Zverev, granted. But, Rune is fast becoming a player I'll love to hate.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

nelslus wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:26 pm AND there is something to be said about, what happens in the locker room needs to stay in the locker room....

I mean, if Ruud did indeed do this, Babyface Rune, after all of your obnoxiousness the past few hours during the match- you had that coming and more. If this is indeed all a lie on Rune's part (spoiler alert: my theory)- then, this is just disgusting and even at least a bit disturbing. Nowhere near the level of Zverev, granted. But, Rune is fast becoming a player I'll love to hate.
Looks like you'll have to get in line! :lol:
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:25 pm
It is also alleged that Rune shouted at his mother to leave at some point of the match and that she did but I can't find the reference.
Many references to him telling his mother to leave. Some are replies, so posting plain text.

Patricia S Knudsen
@PatriciaSuelinK

Holger Rune yelling at his mother to leave if she can’t help him and to stop staring at him …is just so uncomfortable. I wish I couldn’t hear it, it’s distracting me from his game, which has been quite impressive!!! #HolgerRune #CasperRuud #FrenchOpen #RolandGarros

Corine Leegwater - YogaYatra
@CorineYogaYatra

Jeez, add to this celebrating unforced errors & double faults of his opponent, blatant coaching violations with his box, screaming to his mother she has to leave the box, not thanking Tsitsipas in post match speech, and Rune becomes really hard to like. Age no excuse, he’s nr 40.

Brett
@Brett1487

After watching the match and how Rune behaved during the match, I am more inclined to believe Ruud any day of the week. Any guy that screams ‘Leave, Leave, Leave’ at his mother during the match clearly has a brat like temper.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Gotta give him credit. He overtook Medvedev, Zverev and Tsitsipas in one single tournament. At age 19!
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Sounds like another selfish, wealthy, privileged white boy whose has the emotional maturity of a 5 year old. This is what happens when parents only raise the "talent" instead of the person.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:16 pm Sounds like another selfish, wealthy, privileged white boy whose has the emotional maturity of a 5 year old. This is what happens when parents only raise the "talent" instead of the person.
Hadn't thought about that part. Yes, indeed.