January 6 - The Hearings

News and commentary on trials, the law, and expert opinions about legal systems
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: January 6 - The Hearings

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:17 pm How close did you come to being the USSRA?
The clips showing Pelosi, Schumer, Scalise, et al visibly shaken and fearing for their lives was the most chilling thing I've seen in a very long time. As one talking head put it after the hearing ended not one lawmaker uttered TFG's name - he was completely out of the chain of command at that point. The Speaker of the House talking to the governor of a state and that governor accepting her leadership. Amazing video.

There might be some overlap between the two clips but they start at different places.

How close did we come? Too close for comfort.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

What will happen to her? She will lose re-election, and she certainly cannot become a democrat. Will she have to fade away and be an oddity, the republican with principles?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:55 am What will happen to her? She will lose re-election, and she certainly cannot become a democrat. Will she have to fade away and be an oddity, the republican with principles?
She's going to run for president. I'd kinda enjoy her sharing the debate stage with Florida's governor, the orange buffoon, and Uncle Clarence's keeper, Ginni.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:55 am What will happen to her? She will lose re-election, and she certainly cannot become a democrat. Will she have to fade away and be an oddity, the republican with principles?
She already lost in the primary so she is not running for re-election.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I am still marveling at how for a period of time on January 6 Nancy Pelosi was running the country with Chuck Schumer and Mike Pence. In heels. In her 80's. I think that is the reason this video clip has resonated with so many. The more you realize how dire the situation was, and how that small group of people (even Pence) just took over the chain of command of the US government.

Amazing.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I don't think I would ever vote for Liz Cheney for anything, she is so conservative. But she is the type of conservative who understands that the oaths you take to "support and defend the United States" are not just lines from an off Broadway play. I respect and admire her for what she's done with the J6 committee.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Nancy eating a Slim Jim - priceless
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:55 pm I don't think I would ever vote for Liz Cheney for anything, she is so conservative. But she is the type of conservative who understands that the oaths you take to "support and defend the United States" are not just lines from an off Broadway play. I respect and admire her for what she's done with the J6 committee.
Which is where your country should be. You can disagree with Liz Cheney, and you can be sure that you would never vote for her. But you can still respect her when she shows integrity.
That is the part of the equation that the rest of the GOP can't figure out (maybe Romney and Kipsinger (I can't ever remember his real last name).)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I wonder if there will be another televised hearing before things change in the House?
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Committee needs to finish before McCarthy request that they be disbanned from invesgating Jan 6th.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Judd Legum @juddlegum@journa.host
Four criminal referrals of Trump by the January 6 committee to the DOJ:

1. Obstruction of an official proceeding

2. Conspiracy to defraud the United States

3. Conspiracy to make a false statement

4 “Incite,” “Assist” or “Aird or comfort” an Insurrection

Jennifer Taub
@jentaub@mstdn.social
💥Boom! Criminal referrals of Donald Trump. Love that the former law professor walks through the statutes

18 USC § 1512(c) (obstruction)
18 USC § 371 (defraud clause)
18 USC § 1001 (false statements)
18 USC § 2383 (insurrection)