by ponchi101 Greetings!
Welcome to Ye Axe and Block pub. We surf sum of duh fainest Ales, Guinness and Stouts in duh lund. Together with sum of duh fainest whiskies, sum select gins' n other spirits, we tray to please hear. We also half sum fain cheeps, 'n assorted local cuisine. Do tray duh haggis!
Please, fellow hour maître d' fur eh fain table:
:ax
You sea, dis place is special. All off you wheel bee hear sooner or later, victim off sum pour choice inn hour SP. Sow you mayght as well start drinking know.
You think you half a prayer off a chance? Save it!
Enjoy the premises...

by ponchi101

becherova.jpg
It is a herbal bitter and a digestive aid. Its distinctive taste is the result of a secret recipe based on a mix of herbs and spices. Which you will really need to digest this lose and having lasted 1:25 in this pool.
Hope you will do way better in the men's...
-->
by ponchi101 Yikes! :o
We have barely opened and there are already 20 patrons here! Oh, we do have something special for you. As Katerina let you down a little bit, she sent you a case of Becherova, The Czech Republic's national drink:
becherova.jpg
It is a herbal bitter and a digestive aid. Its distinctive taste is the result of a secret recipe based on a mix of herbs and spices. Which you will really need to digest this lose and having lasted 1:25 in this pool.
Hope you will do way better in the men's...

by ponchi101 And, Mertens is looking really, really lost out there.
Might as well start ordering my drinks. What is Belgium's national spirit?

by Cuckoo4Coco Do you serve Root Beer for me? :lol:

by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:39 pm Do you serve Root Beer for me? :lol:
As this is England:
"Teens ages 16 and 17 may drink wine, beer or cider with a meal at a public establishment if purchased by an accompanying adult. Those under 18 may not drink spirits, like whiskey or rum, even if accompanying a meal."

So, if you come with an adult, we can serve you as per the laws above.
Root beer is certainly available, but we suggest our premium Ginger Beer. Non-alcoholic, of course, and locally brewed. :)

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:46 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:39 pm Do you serve Root Beer for me? :lol:
As this is England:
"Teens ages 16 and 17 may drink wine, beer or cider with a meal at a public establishment if purchased by an accompanying adult. Those under 18 may not drink spirits, like whiskey or rum, even if accompanying a meal."

So, if you come with an adult, we can serve you as per the laws above.
Root beer is certainly available, but we suggest our premium Ginger Beer. Non-alcoholic, of course, and locally brewed. :)
I will try Ginger Beer. Never had that or even heard of it before. I have heard of regular beer which I find the taste of that disgusting that I have had sips of. Wine and Ciders on the other hand. :P

by ponchi101 Seriously speaking, ginger beer is delicious. Easily available in the USA. Do try ;)

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:06 pm Seriously speaking, ginger beer is delicious. Easily available in the USA. Do try ;)
Does it sort of taste like Ginger Ale? I have had that.

by joanjettson Kai Kanepi. Kursed!

by joanjettson I'll have a blender drink where you forget to put the lid on before blending.

blender.jpg
Or not! We will clean up, worry not ;) -->
by ponchi101
joanjettson wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:35 pm I'll have a blender drink where you forget to put the lid on before blending.
Here you have a Watermelon, Strawberry and Gin daiquiri...
blender.jpg
Or not! We will clean up, worry not ;)

ginger beer.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:30 pm ...
Tastes like ginger ale, to the power of 10. Much more spicy, much more aroma.
This brand should please you:
ginger beer.jpg

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:48 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:30 pm ...
Tastes like ginger ale, to the power of 10. Much more spicy, much more aroma.
This brand should please you:
ginger beer.jpg
I will have to look for that. Thanx

vodka.jpg
Let us know what else you need. Knives, corkscrews, razor blades... -->
by ponchi101 Damn, quite a busy day!!!! Estonian vodka shots for 11 friends that just dropped by:
vodka.jpg
Let us know what else you need. Knives, corkscrews, razor blades...

by Oploskoffie Here I sit, same as ever.
Flipped a coin, thought it clever.
ZIdansek tried, but, Udvardy broke.
Bookies favorite? What a load!

Bartender! Got anything Hungarian?

Palinka-from-Hungary.jpg
One of Hungary's favorite drinks, Pálinka is a spirit native to Hungary and comes in different flavors including barack (apricot) and cseresznye (cherry). The best of them is the Hungarian alcohol drink szilva (plum) which comes from the Szatmár district.
So, which flavor do you fancy? Or, if we give you the five bottles, we can assure a most potent hangover that will make this defeat pale in comparison. So, just leave us your address and we can send you home later. Or not. -->
by ponchi101
Oploskoffie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:42 pm Here I sit, same as ever.
Flipped a coin, thought it clever.
ZIdansek tried, but, Udvardy broke.
Bookies favorite? What a load!

Bartender! Got anything Hungarian?
We can serve you this:
Palinka-from-Hungary.jpg
One of Hungary's favorite drinks, Pálinka is a spirit native to Hungary and comes in different flavors including barack (apricot) and cseresznye (cherry). The best of them is the Hungarian alcohol drink szilva (plum) which comes from the Szatmár district.
So, which flavor do you fancy? Or, if we give you the five bottles, we can assure a most potent hangover that will make this defeat pale in comparison. So, just leave us your address and we can send you home later. Or not.

by Oploskoffie I'll start with just two bottles of Pálinka; cherry and, ehm, pear, please? I normally don't drink, so if (part of) two bottles doesn't make me throw up, I'll probably pass out before they're finished. :lol:

by tenedab
Oploskoffie wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:35 pm I'll start with just two bottles of Pálinka; cherry and, ehm, pear, please? I normally don't drink, so if (part of) two bottles doesn't make me throw up, I'll probably pass out before they're finished. :lol:
You'll be OK, just have some goulash with it

vesper.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Ah, slowly, 25 33 poor souls walked in today here, in small groups. And some are still out there, hesitating on whether to come in or simply go to the Tower of London and serve as a test dummy for the instruments that name us.
Please, let us know how to cure what ails you. We will pour it down your throat, which, sorry to say this, is exposed at the moment... :ax

Heck, I have to pour me a vesper :cry:
vesper.jpg

RD cookies.jpg
-->
by Irena2 Tauson injured. I am out of the women's pool. I dropped by the store to pick up some Royal Dansk cookies for everyone yesterday, but I ate them all while watching a replay of Isner almost go out (you know how long Isner matches go at Wimbledon). Isner survived and Diego made it through for me today, so I went back and got a new tin of cookies for us. And I would like to try Amargo Obrero with some fizzy water to honor Diego, who kept the Axe Man at bay today!
RD cookies.jpg

amargo.jpg
I will fetch you a glass and soda ASAP. -->
by ponchi101 hey, thanks for the biscuits (we are in England).
Here is your amargo:
amargo.jpg
I will fetch you a glass and soda ASAP.

RD biscuits.jpg
Those darn Brits, calling cookies biscuits and adding an R at the end of Serena - what will they think of next? -->
by Irena2
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:07 pm hey, thanks for the biscuits (we are in England).
Here is your amargo:
amargo.jpg

I will fetch you a glass and soda ASAP.
Thank you very much. I fixed the tin.
RD biscuits.jpg
Those darn Brits, calling cookies biscuits and adding an R at the end of Serena - what will they think of next?

by mmmm8 Could I have two Aperol Spritzes with some "Frech" orange slices, please? The second one is to throw at Camila Giorgi's face.

aperol.jpg
And, as we don't want the second one to go to waste, here you have a picture of Camila, with some visual assistance for your aim:
camila.jpg
We also have darts, if your frustration lingers a bit longer... :twisted: -->
by ponchi101 Two Aperol Spritzes on the way. Here is your first one:
aperol.jpg
And, as we don't want the second one to go to waste, here you have a picture of Camila, with some visual assistance for your aim:
camila.jpg
We also have darts, if your frustration lingers a bit longer... :twisted:

by atlpam
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:45 pm
joanjettson wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:35 pm I'll have a blender drink where you forget to put the lid on before blending.
Here you have a Watermelon, Strawberry and Gin daiquiri...
blender.jpg

Or not! We will clean up, worry not ;)
Perfect color for a suicide pool bloodbath!

by atlpam
mmmm8 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 pm Could I have two Aperol Spritzes with some "Frech" orange slices, please? The second one is to throw at Camila Giorgi's face.
May I join you? Giorgi is usually a reliable pick for the early rounds at Wimbledon. I think I’ll have a limoncello to match the sour look on Giorgi’s face.

limoncello.jpg
We are actually a bit of a friend with Camilla, so we will put it on her bill. Anyway, we know she will never pay, but just for the fun of it... -->
by ponchi101
atlpam wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:45 am
mmmm8 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:35 pm Could I have two Aperol Spritzes with some "Frech" orange slices, please? The second one is to throw at Camila Giorgi's face.
May I join you? Giorgi is usually a reliable pick for the early rounds at Wimbledon. I think I’ll have a limoncello to match the sour look on Giorgi’s face.
Limoncello, with a bit of twist:
limoncello.jpg
We are actually a bit of a friend with Camilla, so we will put it on her bill. Anyway, we know she will never pay, but just for the fun of it...

by Cuckoo4Coco I have only had two drinks in my entire life and a few sips from my moms glasses before, but after my two Suicide Pool matches today I really need a drink. :lol: I was told since this Pub is in England it is ok for me to have wine or cider. So a hard cider for me to calm me down for the evening. :lol:

by Deuce
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 am I have only had two drinks in my entire life and a few sips from my moms glasses before, but after my two Suicide Pool matches today I really need a drink. :lol: I was told since this Pub is in England it is ok for me to have wine or cider. So a hard cider for me to calm me down for the evening. :lol:
It's best not to start.
Really.

by Improbabledream Because in London the place you buy beer is like a 2 mile walk from the place you buy liquor I will drown my sorrows with whatever they are selling closest to my hotel room. Maybe carlsbergs and old family guy episodes. Cuza hurkacs.

by Cuckoo4Coco
Deuce wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:34 am
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 am I have only had two drinks in my entire life and a few sips from my moms glasses before, but after my two Suicide Pool matches today I really need a drink. :lol: I was told since this Pub is in England it is ok for me to have wine or cider. So a hard cider for me to calm me down for the evening. :lol:
It's best not to start.
Really.
With the taste of beer I had, I thought it was awful so I won't be starting with that for sure. Once I get older maybe and glass of Wine with dinner will be fine but I am really not the party type girl.

cider.jpg
Highly refreshing, together with this:
fish-and-chips-blog-harringtons.jpg
Highly nutritious. But if you get your mom to come with you, then she can consider our fine list of ciders and wines ;) -->
by ponchi101
No, we told you the law says that AN ADULT can order for you, and it has to be together with a meal. ;) Plus, we missed this order last night.
At noon, and after your daily training session, we will serve you this:
cider.jpg
Highly nutritious. But if you get your mom to come with you, then she can consider our fine list of ciders and wines ;)

BM.jpg
Of course, heavy on this:
vodka.jpg
-->
by ponchi101
Improbabledream wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:36 am Because in London the place you buy beer is like a 2 mile walk from the place you buy liquor I will drown my sorrows with whatever they are selling closest to my hotel room. Maybe carlsbergs and old family guy episodes. Cuza hurkacs.
Uhm, another early customer. At this hour of the morning, you need something for breakfast. But, as we understand your sorrows, we will give you a veggie/fruit cocktail. A Bloody Mary fits that description:
BM.jpg
Of course, heavy on this:
vodka.jpg

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:06 pm
No, we told you the law says that AN ADULT can order for you, and it has to be together with a meal. ;) Plus, we missed this order last night.
At noon, and after your daily training session, we will serve you this:
cider.jpg
Highly nutritious. But if you get your mom to come with you, then she can consider our fine list of ciders and wines ;)
My mom would always be with me and what if it was my 21 year old brother? Would that be ok? Not sure if it would be ok with my 19 year old brother. ;)

The Fish & Chips and Cider were great.

by ponchi101 Glad you liked them. Sure, your brothers can order for you. Bring them along :thumbsup:

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:57 pm Glad you liked them. Sure, your brothers can order for you. Bring them along :thumbsup:
I'll make it an entire family event. :lol:

by meganfernandez Tsangria for me, please. Tsurenko took me out against compatriot Kalinina. Got a little too cute, picking her because she's seeded. I once described Tsurenko in a story as so heavily taped that she looked "practically mummified from quad to calf," a line I really liked. So a toast to my muse and vanquisher.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:52 pm Tsangria for me, please. Tsurenko took me out against compatriot Kalinina. Got a little too cute, picking her because she's seeded. I once described Tsurenko in a story as so heavily taped that she looked "practically mummified from quad to calf," a line I really liked. So a toast to my muse and vanquisher.
You can celebrate the Tommy Paul win. :freaking:

kolonist.jpg
We will use a fine yet strong burgundy for your sangria:
sangria.jpg
yes, that was risky. Let us know if you need another pitcher, not just one -->
by ponchi101
meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:52 pm Tsangria for me, please. Tsurenko took me out against compatriot Kalinina. Got a little too cute, picking her because she's seeded. I once described Tsurenko in a story as so heavily taped that she looked "practically mummified from quad to calf," a line I really liked. So a toast to my muse and vanquisher.
We do have a fine selection of Ukrainian wines:
kolonist.jpg
We will use a fine yet strong burgundy for your sangria:
sangria.jpg
yes, that was risky. Let us know if you need another pitcher, not just one

bulls.jpg
I am wearing a red shirt (that was smart), one foot ahead of the leading, fire breathing, snot throwing, blood shot eyes bull. Just let us know where you are in the shot.

We got a case of this:
hemlock.jpg
Just for us today. Cheers! :beers: -->
by ponchi101 Hey, they took a picture of all of us Bautista Agut pickers today:
bulls.jpg
I am wearing a red shirt (that was smart), one foot ahead of the leading, fire breathing, snot throwing, blood shot eyes bull. Just let us know where you are in the shot.

We got a case of this:
hemlock.jpg
Just for us today. Cheers! :beers:

by Cuckoo4Coco Starting early today. :lol:

by 161stAndChilla Table for three, please: Mackie, "Pamela", and yours truly.

by Cuckoo4Coco Comes in and asks for a quiet table for one.

Orders an Ice Tea with lemon and Fish & Chips.

by ponchi101
161stAndChilla wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:27 pm Table for three, please: Mackie, "Pamela", and yours truly.
Sure. Who did you lose to/with? So our sommelier can propose a proper poison drink.

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:03 pm Comes in and asks for a quiet table for one.

Wait, what? From yesterday? Because Botic won!

by 161stAndChilla
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:07 pm
161stAndChilla wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:27 pm Table for three, please: Mackie, "Pamela", and yours truly.
Sure. Who did you lose to/with? So our sommelier can propose a proper poison drink.
I thought my Pamela reference would suffice, alas it only made me show my age (as I hoped Gasquet would do for himself today.)

C(hampagne) with a kiss, please.

by ponchi101
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:17 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:03 pm Comes in and asks for a quiet table for one.

If she stays here longer, she is going to have to start waiting on tables... ;)

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:22 pm
yes, that was risky. Let us know if you need another pitcher, not just one
Yep, bring me the whole thing now that Mertens is through and I stupidly didn't go with her.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:17 pm

I made a mistake in eating here today because van de Zandesculp won. I got a free meal today. :lol:

by atlpam
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm Hey, they took a picture of all of us Bautista Agut pickers today:
bulls.jpg

We got a case of this:
hemlock.jpg

Just for us today. Cheers! :beers:
I’m the one in the yellow shirt on the right side of the photo, wishing I went with Garin for today’s pick.

steaks.jpg
And we do our "maridage" with a fine wine from the Argentinean winery "Bodegas del fin del mundo", the vineyards from the end of the world, which is where you would rather be right now, I am sure:
findemundo.jpg
Salud, pibes! -->
by ponchi101 Table for six, courtesy of Sir Schwartzman. We offer a variation on an argentinean beef platter:
steaks.jpg
And we do our "maridage" with a fine wine from the Argentinean winery "Bodegas del fin del mundo", the vineyards from the end of the world, which is where you would rather be right now, I am sure:
findemundo.jpg
Salud, pibes!

by mmmm8
161stAndChilla wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:07 pm
I thought my Pamela reference would suffice, alas it only made me show my age (as I hoped Gasquet would do for himself today.)

C(hampagne) with a kiss, please.
I got the Pamela reference.

He's known as Richie Red Shoes 'round these parts... because he once took a picture wearing red shoes...

by mmmm8
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:47 pm Hey, they took a picture of all of us Bautista Agut pickers today:
bulls.jpg

I feel like I got trampled by that bull. Couldn't he just do a Cornet at Roland Garros? (JK)

champagne.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Ah, got it. I thought Pamela was another picker that was to join you.
Here are your champagne flutes, and, well, we cannot serve you that other "ingredient" implied in your reference. You know, we like to keep it within he rules. ;)
champagne.jpg

Smorgasbord.jpg
And a fine selection of teutonic brews:
beers.jpg
Enjoy!!!! -->
by ponchi101 Oh, vell, a bad day to go for sherman things...
As there are 21 of your arriving here, and it is already mid afternoon, we have prepared a fine smorgasbord for you all:
Smorgasbord.jpg
And a fine selection of teutonic brews:
beers.jpg
Enjoy!!!!

by ptmcmahon Guess being taken out by a German isn't so bad then.

by texasniteowl Table for 6 please! Name: Tiafoe. We wanted to get in before the Alcaraz party!

by Suliso Any cool drinks from where Francis comes from?

by texasniteowl
Suliso wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:40 pm Any cool drinks from where Francis comes from?
Well, he was born in Maryland, so: https://www.visitmaryland.org/list/MD-S ... -Cocktails

by Suliso Black eyed Susann sounds fun :lol:

wines.jpg
But, we can go a bit more. Tiafoe's parents are from Sierra Leone, and we can offer you a delicious platter of Kinghat, that countries national dish:
dish.jpg
A thick stew made of chopped up chicken and cassava, which is perhaps the way you feel right now.
Enjoy!!! Let us know if you want seconds. Making it this far is something to be proud of, and we will honor such a request. -->
by ponchi101 Maybe you are not aware of this but Maryland actually produces some fine wines. We can offer you a selection of them:
wines.jpg
But, we can go a bit more. Tiafoe's parents are from Sierra Leone, and we can offer you a delicious platter of Kinghat, that countries national dish:
dish.jpg
A thick stew made of chopped up chicken and cassava, which is perhaps the way you feel right now.
Enjoy!!! Let us know if you want seconds. Making it this far is something to be proud of, and we will honor such a request.

by Cuckoo4Coco Hey I am from Maryland and that is one reason I really like Frances Tiafoe.

by ponchi101 Never trust a player from Maryland. NEVER!!!!! ;)

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:23 pm Never trust a player from Maryland. NEVER!!!!! ;)
Not today at least.

Wait.... I am a Tennis player from Maryland. :shock:

by Cuckoo4Coco Table for two. Mom & I want to order a nice Spanish meal and some Spanish Wine. Mom will order it for me. :)

The SP contest has been a blast.

by texasniteowl 26 incoming! You guys need to catch up! The Tiafoe 6 have a good head start!

semana santa.jpg
They are covering their faces in shame, as they have that little feeling that.... damn, all the way to 4R in such a pool, and they fall like this?
But, worry not. We have prepared a fine meal. A very typical and exquisite example of Spanish cuisine. Cochinillo al horno (roasted baby pig):
cochinillo.jpg
yep, actually, it kind of looks like a selfie. And, to wash that sour taste in your mouth:
aniz.jpg
One swift gulp of that, and you will not care less about today's result.
Hey, seriously, you did very well. 6 days of successful picks is a brave accomplishment. Now, you can join us and root for more people to die.
Salud! -->
by ponchi101 What took you so long :ax
This is a small photo of our new 26 patrons:
semana santa.jpg
They are covering their faces in shame, as they have that little feeling that.... damn, all the way to 4R in such a pool, and they fall like this?
But, worry not. We have prepared a fine meal. A very typical and exquisite example of Spanish cuisine. Cochinillo al horno (roasted baby pig):
cochinillo.jpg
yep, actually, it kind of looks like a selfie. And, to wash that sour taste in your mouth:
aniz.jpg
One swift gulp of that, and you will not care less about today's result.
Hey, seriously, you did very well. 6 days of successful picks is a brave accomplishment. Now, you can join us and root for more people to die.
Salud!

by Cuckoo4Coco Walks out and goes across the street to McDonalds. :lol:

by Tolulops I'm the mug who picked Goffin, and then changed my pick at last minute to Alcaraz (to be fair, I was sure Goffin would win, but decided to save him for the QF, which I'm pretty sure he will win as well). I don't deserve a drink.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

by ponchi101
Tolulops wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:02 pm I'm the mug who picked Goffin, and then changed my pick at last minute to Alcaraz (to be fair, I was sure Goffin would win, but decided to save him for the QF, which I'm pretty sure he will win as well). I don't deserve a drink.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
If that line of thinking were to exclude us from having a drink, we would all be monks in this place.
Grab a drink, get a plate of cochinillo, we will come up with some dessert later. 6 days of proper picks is already pretty good.

by Cuckoo4Coco I just can't eat something that is looking at me and that drink sounds like it would knock me right onto my butt.

by ponchi101 It is pretty strong stuff. ANIZ, a very common drink in the Mediterranean. Pretty much, liquid licorice. Not a drink I like too much, but a staple in the region.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:24 pm It is pretty strong stuff. ANIZ, a very common drink in the Mediterranean. Pretty much, liquid licorice. Not a drink I like too much, but a staple in the region.
Yuck!!!!! I don't even think my mom would like that. The poor piggy though.

by Irena2 Sigh. Thanks for the meal. There is some solace in going down in a badwagon, I guess...

by Irena2 And please provide a round of whatever TexasNiteOwl would like for the internal Wooden Spoon of YCWJ!

bloodymargarita.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 TexasNiteOwl said he was partial to margaritas. We will give him a bloody one:
bloodymargarita.jpg

by texasniteowl
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:24 pm It is pretty strong stuff. ANIZ, a very common drink in the Mediterranean. Pretty much, liquid licorice. Not a drink I like too much, but a staple in the region.
so if I like Springerle (a German cookie made with anise) and black licorice, sounds like I might like it?

by texasniteowl
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:05 pm TexasNiteOwl said he was partial to margaritas. We will give him a bloody one:
bloodymargarita.jpg
yum. I'm an equal opportunity margarita drinker...so I'll drink the bloody one!

by texasniteowl
Irena2 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:46 pm And please provide a round of whatever TexasNiteOwl would like for the internal Wooden Spoon of YCWJ!
just what I always wanted to win! with nothing to show for it!

except a hangover?

by ponchi101
texasniteowl wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:07 pm
so if I like Springerle (a German cookie made with anise) and black licorice, sounds like I might like it?
I would bet you would. If you like French Pastis, Aniz is for you.

by Cuckoo4Coco My mom would definitely like the margarita for sure. Those are her favorites.

beers.jpg
And, striving for a nutritious balance, an Australian salad:
steak.jpg
Enjoy, blokes and sheilas! -->
by ponchi101 A small contingent of Aussies are arriving. We have a selection of Australian beers that has no match (we know Forster's is actually one of Australia's worst beers):
beers.jpg
And, striving for a nutritious balance, an Australian salad:
steak.jpg
Enjoy, blokes and sheilas!