'22 Wimbledon Day 3 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: '22 Wimbledon Day 3 OoP & Discussion

Post by ti-amie »

Carlitos just won the second set TB vs Griekspoor 7-6(0) to go up two sets to love.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Yes. About Mugu crying on court: that says it is not a lack of motivation. Nobody that is not motivated cries on court.
But, it can be that she simply has lost her strokes. It has happened in the past. (Not her, other players).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

I find Korpatsch's approach to be very tacky. Don't see good reasoning for putting Harmony on blast like that publicly and she's the one who is looking petty and unprofessional. I'd beg to differ on her claim that she doesn't hate her partner. You don't do this to someone you like, especially the morning after the biggest moment in her career.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

What's the story there?
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 pm I find Korpatsch's approach to be very tacky. Don't see good reasoning for putting Harmony on blast like that publicly and she's the one who is looking petty and unprofessional. I'd beg to differ on her claim that she doesn't hate her partner. You don't do this to someone you like, especially the morning after the biggest moment in her career.
I agree with you that she should have left this out of the whole public scene and just talked it over how she felt with Harmony. I don't think she hates her doubles partner at all. I think she just wanted to play a match.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Davidovich Fokina got a point penalty for ball abuse on match point in a 5th set tiebreak. What a way to go out after all that work

Post by JazzNU »

JTContinental wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 pm Davidovich Fokina got a point penalty for ball abuse on match point in a 5th set tiebreak. What a way to go out after all that work
Carlos Ramos strikes again. Ridiculous.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

JTContinental wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 pm Davidovich Fokina got a point penalty for ball abuse on match point in a 5th set tiebreak. What a way to go out after all that work
Not the brightest tennis ball in the can. :lol:
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:19 pm
Carlos Ramos strikes again. Ridiculous.
He does love to insert himself in matches. To be fair ADF gave that ball a good whack into the stands
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

AND I believe this call came from one of Serena's favorite umpires, Carlos Ramos. :o
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

So Ramos enforced a rule on match point? And he is the bad guy? :roll:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:13 pm
JazzNU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:07 pm I find Korpatsch's approach to be very tacky. Don't see good reasoning for putting Harmony on blast like that publicly and she's the one who is looking petty and unprofessional. I'd beg to differ on her claim that she doesn't hate her partner. You don't do this to someone you like, especially the morning after the biggest moment in her career.
I agree with you that she should have left this out of the whole public scene and just talked it over how she felt with Harmony. I don't think she hates her doubles partner at all. I think she just wanted to play a match.
I definitely think she wanted to play a match. But in the moment she posted? I feel like she had to have hated her. She was attempting to garner sympathy I assume, but also to set social media to go attack mode on her. I can't imagine doing that to someone you don't hate. I think the later statement was an attempt to walk it back because she probably doesn't actively hate her, but the damage had been done.

Post by nelslus »

LOL, I apparently chimed in late with this discussion. :)

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:13 pm
I definitely think she wanted to play a match. But in the moment she posted? I feel like she had to have hated her. She was attempting to garner sympathy I assume, but also to set social media to go attack mode on her. I can't imagine doing that to someone you don't hate. I think the later statement was an attempt to walk it back because she probably doesn't actively hate her, but the damage had been done.
I guess in the heat of the moment she was pissed that she lost the chance to play a match she wanted to and did something I think she ended up regretting in writing out her feelings on social media. I don't know if that actually means she hated her doubles partner. I think at that moment she was pissed at the decision her partner made in withdrawing from the match but not really hating her.

Post by nelslus »

....I also wish to announce that, in the Nelslus/Baby Nelslus household, Alejandro Davidovich Fokina is known as actress Lolita Davidovich. :gorgeous:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-phot ... l-99749213