COURT 18 - 11:00AM

1. Emil Ruusuvuori v Botic Van De Zandschulp
2. Viktorija Golubic v Barbora Krejcikova
3. Lauren Davis v Amanda Anisimova
4. Aljaz Bedene / Soonwoo Kwon v Thanasi Kokkinakis / Nick Kyrgios

COURT 4 - 11:00AM

1. Anett Kontaveit / Shelby Rogers v Vivian Heisen / Samantha Murray Sharan
2. Tomislav Brkic / Ramkumar Ramanathan v Nicholas Monroe / Tommy Paul
3. Elisabetta Cocciaretto / Viktoriya Tomova v Maryna Zanevska / Kimberley Zimmermann
4. Alastair Gray / Ryan Peniston v Joran Vliegen / Jackson Withrow

COURT 5 - 11:00AM

1. Jule Niemeier / Andrea Petkovic v Miyu Kato / Aldila Sutjiadi
2. Tim Puetz / Michael Venus v Raven Klaasen / Marcelo Melo
3. Dalma Galfi / Dayana Yastremska vBelinda Bencic / Storm Sanders
4. William Blumberg / Casper Ruud v Nicolas Barrientos / Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela

COURT 6 - 11:00AM

1. Steve Johnson / Sam Querrey v Ivan Dodig / Austin Krajicek
2. Gabriela Dabrowski / Giuliana Olmos v Yulia Putintseva / Yanina Wickmayer
3. Alize Cornet / Diane Parry v Magda Linette / Bernarda Pera
4. Sebastian Baez / Federico Delbonis v Nikola Cacic / Andrea Vavassori

COURT 7 - 11:00AM

1. Andre Goransson / Ben McLachlan v Matthew Ebden / Max Purcell
2. Alicja Rosolska / Erin Routliffe v Irina-Camelia Begu / Anhelina Kalinina
3. Federico Coria / Hugo Dellien v Tallon Griekspoor / Oscar Otte

COURT 8 - 11:00AM

1. Rajeev Ram / Joe Salisbury v Daniel Altmaier / Carlos Taberner
2. Juan Sebastian Cabal / Robert Farah v Ugo Humbert / Adrian Mannarino
3. Aliona Bolsova / Ingrid Neel v Latisha Chan / Samantha Stosur
4. Natela Dzalamidze / Aleksandra Krunic v Anna-Lena Friedsam / Ann Li

COURT 9 - 11:00AM

1. Oceane Dodin / Tatjana Maria v Lyudmyla Kichenok / Jelena Ostapenko
2. Treat Huey / Franko Skugor v Nuno Borges / Francisco Cabral
3. Monique Adamczak / Katarzyna Kawa v Alexa Guarachi / Andreja Klepac
4. Mackenzie McDonald / Botic Van De Zandschulp v John Peers / Filip Polasek

COURT 10 - 11:00AM

1. Nicolas Mahut / Edouard Roger-Vasselin v Francisco Cerundolo / Tomas Martin Etcheverry
2. Ulrikke Eikeri / Astra Sharma v Alison Riske-Amritraj / Coco Vandeweghe
3. Kaitlyn Christian / Panna Udvardy v Nicole Melichar-Martinez / Ellen Perez
4. Julio Peralta / Alejandro Tabilo v Jonny O'Mara / Ken Skupski

COURT 11 - 11:00AM

1. Oksana Kalashnikova / Katarzyna Piter v Marie Bouzkova / Tereza Mihalikova
2. Radu Albot / Nikoloz Basilashvili v Alexander Bublik / Jiri Vesely
3. Catherine Harrison / Sabrina Santamaria v Kaja Juvan / Tamara Zidansek
4. Kamil Majchrzak / Jan Zielinski v Laslo Djere / Dusan Lajovic

COURT 14 - 11:00AM

1. Claire Liu v Alize Cornet
Not Before: 12:30pm
2. Lorenzo Sonego v Hugo Gaston
3. Maxime Cressy v Jack Sock
4. Magdalena Frech v Anna Karolina Schmiedlova

COURT 15 - 11:00AM

1. Ajla Tomljanovic v Catherine Harrison
2. Greet Minnen v Qinwen Zheng
3. Cristian Garin v Hugo Grenier
4. Elise Mertens / Shuai Zhang v Anna Bondar / Greet Minnen

COURT 16 - 11:00AM

1. Marcos Giron v Alex Molcan
2. Petra Martic v Kristina Kucova
3. Dennis Novak v Jason Kubler

COURT 17 - 11:00AM

1. Mackenzie McDonald v Richard Gasquet
2. Sara Sorribes Tormo v Harmony Tan
3. Benjamin Bonzi v Jenson Brooksby

TO BE ARRANGED 1 -
Not Before: 6:00pm
1. Emina Bektas / Kristina Kucova v Harriet Dart / Heather Watson

The Committee, while adhering as closely as possible to the order of play given, is unable to guarantee that it will be maintained in its entirety.
This may result in matches being moved from one court to another. GERRY ARMSTRONG - REFEREE
THE CHAMPIONSHIPS, WIMBLEDON 2022
I

by ashkor87 Coco getting lucky with the draw again! Cannot see anyone capable of beating her before the quarters... her side of the draw is full of players like Davis, Pliskova(whom she will generally beat), Anisimova, who is not good on grass.

Really looking forward to Andreescu-Rybakina...I love both of them..Rybakina's effortless power and Andreescu's all-round brilliance.. certainly expect Andreescu to win, though..

by meganfernandez
ashkor87 wrote:Coco getting lucky with the draw again! Cannot see anyone capable of beating her before the quarters... her side of the draw is full of players like Davis, Pliskova(whom she will generally beat), Anisimova, who is not good on grass.

Really looking forward to Andreescu-Rybakina...I love both of them..Rybakina's effortless power and Andreescu's all-round brilliance.. certainly expect Andreescu to win, though..
You don’t think Pliskova would beat Gauff on grass? I’d take Pliskova. Think she will make the quarters at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Pjstew Sorry for the Agut pickers in Suicide. Walkover loss already. Ouch.

by ashkor87
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:04 am
ashkor87 wrote:Coco getting lucky with the draw again! Cannot see anyone capable of beating her before the quarters... her side of the draw is full of players like Davis, Pliskova(whom she will generally beat), Anisimova, who is not good on grass.

You don’t think Pliskova would beat Gauff on grass? I’d take Pliskova. Think she will make the quarters at least.

Gauff just beat her, on grass, didn't she?

by Deuce
Pjstew wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:09 am Sorry for the Agut pickers in Suicide. Walkover loss already. Ouch.
Yes - Bautista Agut out with...
COVID-19.

That makes 3... though, considering Cornet's revelation the other day, there are likely more than 3 - but the ones beyond the 3 we know of are unethically keeping it a 'secret'.

by meganfernandez
Pjstew wrote:Sorry for the Agut pickers in Suicide. Walkover loss already. Ouch.
Insane… I think there will more if they do the right thing. And many won’t. But if people are sick, kind of hard to hide it.

by JTContinental
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:17 am
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:04 am

Gauff just beat her, on grass, didn't she?
She did in straight sets

by Suliso Pliskova is another veteran player who is not really as good as she used to be. Not even on grass.

by Deuce Alistair Gray (ranked around #300) has some nice looking strokes (among them a one-handed backhand).
There's a good amount of refining needed, but there's a decent foundation to build on.

I was going to add that he just took the 2nd set off of Taylor Fritz... but he just got broken serving at 5-3...

by meganfernandez
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:18 am Pliskova is another veteran player who is not really as good as she used to be. Not even on grass.
I feel like people were saying the same thing this time last year. She doesn't have to be as good week in and week out to have a big run here.

Meanwhile, Kvitova was up a set and 5-1 and Bogdan came back, now Bogdan is now up 6-5. To add insult to injury, in the last game, one of Bogdan's serves kissed the center line and bounced onto Kvitova's face as she lunged for it.

Well, Kvitova survives and will play Badosa, who won 2 and 2. Says she's feeling good here.

by Deuce Yeah - I watched some of the Kvitova - Bogdan match... and like the rest of the planet, I figured Kvitova would close it out easily.

She did close it out - but not easily - had to go to a tiebreak in the 2nd... No-one could see that coming - likely not even Bogdan.

by Cuckoo4Coco Wow, Bautista Agut goes out with Covid 19 and a ton of the Suicide players go out the tough way with him.

I really just wonder how many more actually have it and are not having really bad symptoms and just keep on playing.

by nelslus BTW, Petra had to save 2 set points down 5-6 in the second set. The Household Nelslus got woken up with my unpleasantness. :gorgeous:

by Suliso What an easy day in SP. Already through in both draws :)

by Suliso
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:34 am Well, Kvitova survives and will play Badosa, who won 2 and 2. Says she's feeling good here.
I think I'll take Badosa in that one. Would prefer Kvitova, though...

by Suliso Btw we might be overlooking Qinwen Zheng for no good reason.

by Cuckoo4Coco Looking forward to a few women's matches today(Andreescu, Anisimova, and Gauff). The Coco match unfortunately I will be out on the court practicing myself. I need to have a discussing with my coach on these times for practice messing with my time to watch Coco play her match. :lol:

by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:21 pm Looking forward to a few women's matches today(Andreescu, Anisimova, and Gauff). The Coco match unfortunately I will be out on the court practicing myself. I need to have a discussing with my coach on these times for practice messing with my time to watch Coco play her match. :lol:
Tell him you need to scout her matches for that 2025 showdown on Centre Court that Nelslus has penciled for you.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:28 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:21 pm Looking forward to a few women's matches today(Andreescu, Anisimova, and Gauff). The Coco match unfortunately I will be out on the court practicing myself. I need to have a discussing with my coach on these times for practice messing with my time to watch Coco play her match. :lol:
Tell him you need to scout her matches for that 2025 showdown on Centre Court that Nelslus has penciled for you.
I will tell him that. :lol: He will laugh and then quickly tell me to get my butt on the court. :lol:

by ponchi101 I would say it is clear that the players will only test AND reveal they have C19 is they have symptoms that include feeling so bad they can't play. That is the pattern for the three that have tested positive AND withdrawn (because we don't know if anybody has tested positive and is keeping it quiet).
Also. A very small sample, and this could perfectly well be random, but so far, only men have come down with it. Time to disinfect that locker room?

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:31 pm I would say it is clear that the players will only test AND reveal they have C19 is they have symptoms that include feeling so bad they can't play. That is the pattern for the three that have tested positive AND withdrawn (because we don't know if anybody has tested positive and is keeping it quiet).
Also. A very small sample, and this could perfectly well be random, but so far, only men have come down with it. Time to disinfect that locker room?
I sure hope they are disinfecting the locker rooms every few hours. I would think they are.

by Suliso Disinfecting doesn't help. What does help is getting a good ventilation.

by ponchi101 By now, I would be cleaning that thing every few hours, like Cuckoo says, but with mustard gas. At night one steady dose of chlorine gas.
And again, if I were any player, I would not go in there. I would change in my hotel, come to play already set to play, and go back and shower there.

by Cuckoo4Coco I would hope a place like Wimbledon has a good ventilation system.

I really wonder how many players actually do that? I would think they have hotels that are pretty close to Wimbledon where they stay.

by Suliso
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm I would hope a place like Wimbledon has a good ventilation system.

I really wonder how many players actually do that? I would think they have hotels that are pretty close to Wimbledon where they stay.
I imagine you've seen more locker rooms than most here despite the young age. Do they usually have a good ventilation? Is there a window one could open at least?

by Cuckoo4Coco
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:52 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm I would hope a place like Wimbledon has a good ventilation system.

I imagine you've seen more locker rooms than most here despite the young age. Do they usually have a good ventilation? Is there a window one could open at least?
I know I haven't seen a locker room probably the quality of the ones at Wimbledon, French Open, US Open or Aussie Open that is for sure. The girls locker room at my school is probably a slight upgrade to what they have in a prison :lol: although I have never seen a prison locker room or shower room.

At the tennis club that I mostly play at the locker room is pretty nice but no windows. It is a typical looking locker room with benches in front of the lockers and individual sinks and toilets and the showers are each individual showers not like the ones at my school which is a huge shower room where they make all of us shower together after Physical Education class.

by ponchi101 The Wimbledon locker rooms are renowned for spaciousness and luxury. But still, there has to be a limit to how much space there is there. You have to cram 128 singles players plus the extra doubles' players that do not make the singles' draw. No way there is not a lot of close contact there.

by Cuckoo4Coco That would have to be a huge amount of space. I bet it is really nice but as nice as it is with players coming down with Covid if I was a player I wouldn't be spending extra time in there for the heck of it.

by ponchi101 More small details on the quality of the play of Mugu at the moment. Minnen just lost 4&1 to Q. Zheng, meaning Mugu is still in the run for the Wooden spoon (which is just a fun idea, and truly not meaningful about her tennis).
But it is not that she lost to somebody that was playing quality tennis. There has got to be something else going on with her.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.20.14 AM.png
-->
by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:13 pm More small details on the quality of the play of Mugu at the moment. Minnen just lost 4&1 to Q. Zheng, meaning Mugu is still in the run for the Wooden spoon (which is just a fun idea, and truly not meaningful about her tennis).
But it is not that she lost to somebody that was playing quality tennis. There has got to be something else going on with her.
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.20.14 AM.png

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:03 pm The Wimbledon locker rooms are renowned for spaciousness and luxury. But still, there has to be a limit to how much space there is there. You have to cram 128 singles players plus the extra doubles' players that do not make the singles' draw. No way there is not a lot of close contact there.
I've been in the French Open locker rooms, and they are quite small for, let's say, 150 people. Even once a lot of those players leave in the first week, it's still fairly tight quarters. Pretty sure there were no windows. Doesn't Wimbledon have separate locker rooms for seeded players?

Between the locker rooms, players lounge, dining room, transportation desk - you know other players are catching COVID.

by ponchi101 About Mugu. Maybe she needs to play a few lower ranked tournaments, get that "winning" feeling again. Did she play any warm up prior to W? I can't recall, and coming from clay to grass with no real matches under your belt may have not been completely sound.
Still, no mention of injuries of anything off court. So it is just her game that is sputtering.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:25 pm About Mugu. Maybe she needs to play a few lower ranked tournaments, get that "winning" feeling again. Did she play any warm up prior to W? I can't recall, and coming from clay to grass with no real matches under your belt may have not been completely sound.
Still, no mention of injuries of anything off court. So it is just her game that is sputtering.
She played two warmups - lost to Petkovic first round in Berlin, beat Fetch and lost to Giorgi in Eastbourne. She has mentioned "good feelings" quite a few times in her career. Like in Mexico last fall.

by Suliso Mertens survives, but that match had 36 break points and 10 breaks between them. Crazy for a grass court match.

by Cuckoo4Coco Bianca is in a really tough fight.

by jazzyg This is the type of match Andreescu won repeatedly in 2019--outplayed much of the way but digging deep-- but has lost ever since then.

by meganfernandez
jazzyg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:08 pm This is the type of match Andreescu won repeatedly in 2019--outplayed much of the way but digging deep-- but has lost ever since then.
Most famously the Indian Wells final vs Kerber. Ever since then, Bianca has been known as Drama Queen in our household.

Andreescu fell a little short today, though. Iga's draw just got even easier.

by Cuckoo4Coco Bianca falls in straight sets to the #17 seed.

by Suliso Iga will still have Krejcikova to deal with, but yes one GS champion in the draw less (6 left).

by Suliso I wasn't that wrong about Pliskova being washed up either. Out to Katie Boulter in 3 sets.

by Cuckoo4Coco
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 pm Iga will still have Krejcikova to deal with, but yes one GS champion in the draw less (6 left).
A player that I have a weird feeling that could give Iga a fit is her possible next match up in Alize Cornet. I don't know why, but I smell upset.

by Suliso That would be a monumental upset. Almost on par with Serena losing to Vinci in a Slam SF.

by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:38 pm
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 pm Iga will still have Krejcikova to deal with, but yes one GS champion in the draw less (6 left).
A player that I have a weird feeling that could give Iga a fit is her possible next match up in Alize Cornet. I don't know why, but I smell upset.
Because Cornet is a very good grass player. I will not call the upset, but if she does, I will not be surprised.
Cornet even beat Williams here (2014), so it is not as if she has never played a super high profile match at the AELTC.

by Cuckoo4Coco I think the Tennis Gods and those who set up the times for the matches on the courts for Wimbledon heard my plea about wanting to see the Coco match. Her match is now scheduled to start much later and I will be home only shortly after its scheduled start time after my own Tennis practice time today so I won't miss much of it. :D

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:46 pm
Because Cornet is a very good grass player. I will not call the upset, but if she does, I will not be surprised.
Cornet even beat Williams here (2014), so it is not as if she has never played a super high profile match at the AELTC.
Since pretty much everyone has said that Iga would roll through the tournament I will call the upset. I think it is gonna happen.

Getting picked up in a bit and heading out to Tennis practice soon.

by ponchi101 I envy your tennis practice. Have fun!

by Suliso I also think Iga will lose before SF's, but I don't think it will be to Cornet. Iga is not as good on grass + the winning streak must be adding extra pressure.

by Cuckoo4Coco
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:00 pm I also think Iga will lose before SF's, but I don't think it will be to Cornet. Iga is not as good on grass + the winning streak must be adding extra pressure.
I just have one of those gut feelings about the Iga and Alize match that could be the next match.

by ponchi101 BTW. All three players to withdraw with C19 were in Rafa's half. So I guess it will be Kyrgios that will be the greatest challenge left for him.

by ponchi101 And, Tan backs her win over Serena by beating SST. And rather easily.
Proof that there are so many ways to play this sport successfully. Hit as soft as you can.

by ashkor87 Zheng seems to be figuring out grass..good win today..maybe she will shake things up a bit...

by ashkor87
Beating Serena was because Serena was unwell .she had to be carried off the doubles court the next day....so I don't consider that a real win..but Cornet is playing well and has the spunk to beat Swiatek, certainly possible ..the thing about Cornet is she thinks she is a great player, which is so necessary!

by ashkor87 Looking forward to seeing Parry tomorrow..loved her serving action..like Alicia Molik,'s...not saying she will beat Jabeur but she has a shot..and she is fun to watch

by ponchi101 I love her BH (seen it only once at RG). I wonder how good her slice is, though.

by ashkor87 Really seeing how difficult it is to impart topspin to a low ball..Swiatek struggling...maybe she is beatable after all, on low-bounce grass..

by jazzyg
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:32 pm the thing about Cornet is she thinks she is a great player, which is so necessary!
This is spot on. She is not a great player, but she goes into every match thinking she can win, particularly against top players. She also beat Serena once at Roland Garros.

by ponchi101 Iga loses her first set in I don't know how long, and it is not that she is playing poorly, it is that she looks uncomfortable.

by jazzyg She lost the first set to Zheng at Roland Garros.

by jazzyg Halep trailed Flipkens 5-2 in the first set and then lost seven points in the next five games.

Flipkens may have remembered she'd never won a set against Halep.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:11 pm Iga loses her first set in I don't know how long, and it is not that she is playing poorly, it is that she looks uncomfortable.
jazzyg wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:31 pm She lost the first set to Zheng at Roland Garros.
Yeah, during the streak, Iga has lost sets to Samsonova, Golubic, Tauson, Kalinina, Kerber, Wang, and now Kerkhove. Samsonova almost got her in Stuttgart, 6-7, 6-4, 7-5.

by ponchi101 We talk about some players not doing well. How about Shapo? At a minimum, he has stagnated. Losing in 4 to Nakashima does not look that good. Especially after last year's run.

by meganfernandez
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:35 pm I wasn't that wrong about Pliskova being washed up either. Out to Katie Boulter in 3 sets.
I don't think losing in three tight sets makes someone washed up. She was very competitive and had a great chance to win in the 2nd set tiebreak. Just lost a match, didn't tumble out of the top 50 or anything.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:08 pm We talk about some players not doing well. How about Shapo? At a minimum, he has stagnated. Losing in 4 to Nakashima does not look that good. Especially after last year's run.
Yes, minimum, stagnated. Might be settling into a merely normal career, not superstardom. :)

by meganfernandez
ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Beating Serena was because Serena was unwell .she had to be carried off the doubles court the next day....so I don't consider that a real win..but Cornet is playing well and has the spunk to beat Swiatek, certainly possible ..the thing about Cornet is she thinks she is a great player, which is so necessary!
This is a nice thought, Cornet beating Swiatek, but unless Swiatek really isn't comfortable on grass at the moment (which I wondered about), then I think she will overwhelm Cornet, like Collins did at the Australian Open.

by jazzyg And Halep trailed 4-1 and faced break point for 5-1 in the second set before winning 6-4.

Flipkens can play beautiful tennis on grass, but she just makes too many mistakes on the exact same shots she converts earlier in a set. I've seen it play out this way for her before today, too.

by ponchi101 She is retiring today. A dependable, praise worthy player. Gave it all during her career. And she did have sort of a special style, so there was a little extra in her career.

by nelslus
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:38 pmShe is retiring today. A dependable, praise worthy player. Gave it all during her career. And she did have sort of a special style, so there was a little extra in her career.
At least in singles. Flipkens is still in the women's doubles.

by jazzyg Flipkens was fun to watch but a player you could count on to fail in the clutch.

by ponchi101 Kyrgios out of the doubles, after saying he is a serious contender for the singles title. That he likes his chances.
As much as I would like to find that arrogant, I have to admit he has a good chance. Just a case of "immodest" honesty.

by Cuckoo4Coco Looks like the Tennis Gods brought some rain as well and I won't miss a single point of the Coco match. :freaking:

by Suliso Will there be play on outside courts at all?

by Cuckoo4Coco
Suliso wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:37 pm Will there be play on outside courts at all?
Looks like the only courts that have resumed play are Centre Court and Court One after the rain.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:00 pm Kyrgios out of the doubles, after saying he is a serious contender for the singles title. That he likes his chances.
As much as I would like to find that arrogant, I have to admit he has a good chance. Just a case of "immodest" honesty.
He does have a decent chance, if he's fit enough. Last year he pooped out in the third round and retired. Not sure he can serve 15-20 more sets without hurting his abdominal. However, you know Nick will get up for the R3 match vs Stef - whom Nick beat in Halle. And he would be fired up for the semi vs Rafa. But he might be too bored and tired to win R4 and the quarterfinal.

I'd die laughing if he gets to the final and loses to Isner, who served lights-out against Murray last night.

by Cuckoo4Coco Speaking of Rafa he just moved on in a 4 setter.

Finally coming on the court is Coco.

by ponchi101 LIVE SCORES in the Wimby website only shows CC and Court 1. It would seem play has been suspended in all other courts.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:39 pm LIVE SCORES in the Wimby website only shows CC and Court 1. It would seem play has been suspended in all other courts.
I think the only matches that are playing now are the Draper match on Court 1 and Gauff match on Centre Court.

by Cuckoo4Coco Coco just had a 1st serve that was clocked at 122 MPH. :o

by Cuckoo4Coco Coco is so awesome and cool. On a changeover she is sucking on an Applesauce Go Go Squeeze. :D

by ponchi101
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:44 pm Coco just had a 1st serve that was clocked at 122 MPH. :o
And a 124 (it landed out).

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:54 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:44 pm Coco just had a 1st serve that was clocked at 122 MPH. :o
And a 124 (it landed out).
That just blows my mind.

by JTContinental Male announcer re Buzarnescu: What a difference a smile makes to a face.

Wozniacki: (laughs uncomfortably)

by Cuckoo4Coco Coco's service game is on today.

by ti-amie Thanks for the recaps guys. I'm just getting home from the dentist.

Re Alizé she lives to spoil any and everyone's day.

I've never seen Draper so I'm watching his match and scoreboard watching Cori.

So glad to see Qinwen got a win today.

I wanted to see Rybakina vs Andreescu but couldn't. I'm not surprised Rybakina won.

I said last year I think that Shapo needs a new coaching team. To say he's stagnated is putting it mildly. He's playing the same game he was when I saw him at the US Open. He and Rublev have the same issues re coaching and adding variety to their games.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ti-amie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:37 pm Thanks for the recaps guys. I'm just getting home from the dentist.

Re Alizé she lives to spoil any and everyone's day.

I've never seen Draper so I'm watching his match and scoreboard watching Cori.

So glad to see Qinwen got a win today.

I wanted to see Rybakina vs Andreescu but couldn't. I'm not surprised Rybakina won.

I said last year I think that Shapo needs a new coaching team. To say he's stagnated is putting it mildly. He's playing the same game he was when I saw him at the US Open. He and Rublev have the same issues re coaching and adding variety to their games.
I have a feeling in my gut that she plays spoiler to Iga in the next match.

by Cuckoo4Coco Coco moves on with a straight set win. :freaking: :yahoo: :bananas:

by meganfernandez
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 pm Coco's service game is on today.
Three aces serving it out!

by JTContinental That's the best I've seen anyone play so far this tournament. What a turnaround from round 1 for Gauff.

by Cuckoo4Coco
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:48 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 pm Coco's service game is on today.
Three aces serving it out!
She plays like that she is gonna go far.

by Cuckoo4Coco
JTContinental wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:49 pm That's the best I've seen anyone play so far this tournament. What a turnaround from round 1 for Gauff.
Her service game was so on tonight. If she keeps that up I don't care if it is Iga she is playing that is going to make for a really tough match.

by ponchi101 At that level of game, Coco is a contender.
Then again, she is in my group of OTHER, so I indirectly picked her to win. And 20 more, I know.

by jazzyg After playing maybe the worst match of any winning player in the first round, Gauff played the best match I've seen any woman play in the tournament in the second round.

Quite the turnaround.

EDIT: Had not read JT's post saying almost exactly the same thing. Sorry for the delayed echo.

by Cuckoo4Coco I also loved Coco's on court interview. She just seems like such a fun person.

by Deuce The hug at the net and the post match of Flipkens - Halep was nice. Lots of respect shown by Halep, the fans, and even the officials toward Flipkens, who was never a superstar, but did reach the Semis of Wimbledon in 2013, and has had a good doubles career.

I remember seeing Flipkens play when she was a 16 year old in Juniors. She was the prototype for a good athlete then - great natural athletic skills.
During one Junior tournament which was being played at the same time as a significant pro tournament, the pro tournament was on the TVs at the Junior site. Flipkens was watching the pros on TV, and I said to her "You'll be there soon." She was very humble in saying "Me? No... I'm not good enough to be there." I assured her that she was.
I'm happy I was right.

That was 20 years ago. Wow...

by ti-amie
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:13 pm I also loved Coco's on court interview. She just seems like such a fun person.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ti-amie wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:25 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:13 pm I also loved Coco's on court interview. She just seems like such a fun person.
Love the little giggle in there.

by jazzyg With two matches to be completed in the second round, no player has won after dropping the 1st two sets.

Kubler is serving for a straight-set win against (Dennis) Novak when play resumes tomorrow, so Kressy against Sock is the only chance left.

by Cuckoo4Coco Another very good day of tennis other than Andreescu, Pliskova, Shapovalov, Schwartzman and the withdraw of Bautista Agut. Nakashima and Broady really played well in those matches on the men's side and on the women's side it really wasn't that much of a shocker that Rybakina won that match. Boulter came back to win the last two sets in the Pliskova match to defeat her though. A very tough fought match.

by ponchi101 I know that we have said Ka Plis is on the way out, but Boulter is ranked 119 (I think, certainly outside the 100). That, for a player with two slam finals and that briefly reached #1, is a big upset.
My pick for tomorrow: Covid19 will win another match. Easily. That is not over.

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:37 am I know that we have said Ka Plis is on the way out, but Boulter is ranked 119 (I think, certainly outside the 100). That, for a player with two slam finals and that briefly reached #1, is a big upset.
My pick for tomorrow: Covid19 will win another match. Easily. That is not over.
I hope there are no more Covid19 cases.

by Deuce As a proud Canadian, I will say that I am happy that Shapovalov lost.
I feel that, as time goes on, he is a more and more inaccurate representation of what a Canadian is. He has turned into a whining, spoiled, entitled brat (who thinks he's a good rapper on top of that :roll: ).

Felix has more class and respect in his little finger than Denis has in his whole body.

by Suliso Felix is kind of stagnating too.

by Deuce
Suliso wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:58 am Felix is kind of stagnating too.

But he doesn't behave like an asshole.
Felix has always been a gentleman - even when he was a kid.

by Suliso I didn't say he does, but game wise he doesn't show much improvement lately. Maybe still to come.

by Deuce Well, he's improved enough to be in the top 10. I'd say that's pretty good for a 21 year old...

Players don't continue to improve perpetually, or at a steady rate. Maybe he's reached his plateau at the pro level - in which case, he should be proud of himself.
Or perhaps there is more improvement to come.

Either way, the guy's a class act - and Denis could learn a lot from him about how to comport himself.

by Fastbackss
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:03 pm
I just have one of those gut feelings about the Iga and Alize match that could be the next match.
Thanks C4C!

I did this right after reading your post

by Cuckoo4Coco Holy you know what. :o Congrats on those wins. I am glad you took my advice. I am glad I didn't know you placed a wager on it because I would have been really nervous. I am so glad it worked out though.