'22 Wimbledon Day 5 OoP and Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Deuce Canada

Re: '22 Wimbledon Day 5 OoP and Discussion

Post by Deuce »

Suliso wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:47 pm Surprised that Watson is beating Juvan. I would have bet on the opposite.
^ Me, too.
Watson is the definition of a journeyman (journeywoman?)... spending most of her time outside of the top 50 (currently #121)... A name most people know, but that's about all.

Now, for the first time that I can recall, she's on quite a little roll at a Major.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

meanwhile, let us pause to applaud the wonderful sportsmanship Alcaraz keeps displaying.. if you havent seen it, do, the Wimbledon.com site has the 1 minute highlight of it ... it is lovely and heart-warming to see.. am happy that Alcaraz is the future of tennis!
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ashkor87 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:15 am meanwhile, let us pause to applaud the wonderful sportsmanship Alcaraz keeps displaying.. if you havent seen it, do, the Wimbledon.com site has the 1 minute highlight of it ... it is lovely and heart-warming to see.. am happy that Alcaraz is the future of tennis!
^ Indeed...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower