With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
mmmm8

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by mmmm8 »

Berrettini and Tomljanovic were also there, but all the photos are like this :)

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Sloane Stephens

meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

double date, Matteo/Ajla and Felix/his GF
mmmm8 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:57 pm Berrettini and Tomljanovic were also there, but all the photos are like this :)

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Matteo and Felix: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Way to go, gentlemen. Simple, classic, a properly tailored tux, none of the ridiculous abominations seen all around.
Emma and Leylah looked very nice. Again, nothing ridiculous, just two women looking pretty. Refreshing.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

BTW. Naomi. That case keeps getting harder to make sense of. She is obviously not bothered with her celebrity status. Otherwise, she would not be at this Gala dressed like a Cosmic Samurai/Geisha. She is releasing a new line of skin care products, so she is not bothered with her entrepreneurial activities. She is not choking on court (she lost in three tight sets to a player that ended up proving she was playing top notch tennis) so whatever it is, it is not affecting her tennis to that extreme. Whatever the mental issue is, it is very hard to explain.
Hope she figures it out.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:21 pm BTW. Naomi. That case keeps getting harder to make sense of. She is obviously not bothered with her celebrity status. Otherwise, she would not be at this Gala dressed like a Cosmic Samurai/Geisha. She is releasing a new line of skin care products, so she is not bothered with her entrepreneurial activities. She is not choking on court (she lost in three tight sets to a player that ended up proving she was playing top notch tennis) so whatever it is, it is not affecting her tennis to that extreme. Whatever the mental issue is, it is very hard to explain.
Hope she figures it out.
I think one can have poor mental health and still be ambitious, wanting to build their career, excel at it, make money and maintain their platform.

She was invited to co-host this event, which is considered an honor. Even if she didn't want to be there (I haven't seen many photos of her smiling), it would burn a lot of bridges to back out.

I think it makes perfect sense.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Only thing I would say(add about your post is that there are seldom many pictures of Naomi smiling. She does not seem to have that personality.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:55 pm Only thing I would say(add about your post is that there are seldom many pictures of Naomi smiling. She does not seem to have that personality.
I think it's part of being shy. I've always thought it's interesting that she is painfully shy but dresses in extremely attention-getting clothes. I don't think the two things are incongruous. I think certain personal interactions stress her out, but not people looking at her.

Not smiling at a fashion event is normal, anyway. It's serving up fierceness. :)
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Not understanding many of the Naomi comments.

Not like her look? Sure. But this was a completely expected look, and it's not one that typically registers with Western audiences. It's very much in line with what she's presented professionally and an easy call for the Met Gala. Not sure what you guys were anticipating. The only thing I got wrong was the color palette of the look, the rest was as I thought it would be for her.

And I'd say it's more appropriate to call the Japanese influences in the dress and overall look to be influenced by Kabuki and Kimono styles. But there's also Haitian influences in the dress.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Serena is wearing Gucci. I really wish the cape was different.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:35 pm Not understanding many of the Naomi comments.

Not like her look? Sure. But this was a completely expected look, and it's not one that typically registers with Western audiences. It's very much in line with what she's presented professionally and an easy call for the Met Gala. Not sure what you guys were anticipating. The only thing I got wrong was the color palette of the look, the rest was as I thought it would be for her.

And I'd say it's more appropriate to call the Japanese influences in the dress and overall look to be influenced by Kabuki and Kimono styles. But there's also Haitian influences in the dress.
I liked it more the more I saw it. Apparently this Goth-Geisha look is hot in Japan. I'll try and find different angles where you see what is going on better.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Get in line lady. :lol:
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Here is a photo of Matteo and Ajla taken from Matteo's IG Stories. Neither posted a photo to their main accounts.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Hands down the best dressed of the tennis players (and many of the other people). A simple, classic (retro) look.

Flawless hair and make up

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

There is no such thing as too much Venus...