With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Re: TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Ajla is extremely pretty with long hair or with her hair short like this. Heck I think she could rock a mohawk or bald and still be beautiful.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Look at these blue high-tops

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:56 pm Look at these blue high-tops

The high tops rock and seriously if she wasn't a pro tennis player she could easily be a top model. Out of this world beautiful.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Young'uns these days. Also, he spit that kid out as we say here.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:59 pm Young'uns these days. Also, he spit that kid out as we say here.

That kid not only looks like he is going to be a great tennis player, but he is also headed towards many years on the honor roll at school.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Oh, yes, the pleasures of being a little nerd. I remember well.
Capital of Burkina Fasso? (w/o Google).
And I knew every single capital in Africa, before all the name changes and such. No wonder I played so many hours against a wall. ;)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:05 pm Oh, yes, the pleasures of being a little nerd. I remember well.
And I knew every single capital in Africa, before all the name changes and such. No wonder I played so many hours against a wall. ;)
I thought Burkina Fasso was a tennis player on the WTA tour. :lol:

Actually I can't tell ya all the capitals of Countries, but since the 6th grade when they started giving letter grades that actually sort of counted , I have not gotten anything but A's. Been on the honor roll in my high school every semester. :freaking:

I am a smarty pants athlete. :lol:

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:Oh, yes, the pleasures of being a little nerd. I remember well.
Ouagadougou, or Wogga for short. :) I honestly was just thinking about the capital of BF today, I kid you not. That is so bizarre. I know all the world capitals except the South Pacific islands. Just like to memorize things. I like this kid!

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:26 pm
Ouagadougou, or Wogga for short. :) I honestly was just thinking about the capital of BF today, I kid you not. That is so bizarre. I know all the world capitals except the South Pacific islands. Just like to memorize things. I like this kid!
Megan isn't only a smarty pants in writing, but also a smarty pants in Geography and History. ;)

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:36 am
Megan isn't only a smarty pants in writing, but also a smarty pants in Geography and History. ;)
Mostly meaningless stuff. Trivia. ;) But I'll take the compliment from a straight-A student!

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:23 pm
Mostly meaningless stuff. Trivia. ;) But I'll take the compliment from a straight-A student!
I do have to say I work my butt off for those grades. I am definitely not one of those students that it comes easy to like a few of my friends who never seem to have to study and get A's all the time. GRRRRRRRRRR

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:30 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:23 pm

I do have to say I work my butt off for those grades. I am definitely not one of those students that it comes easy to like a few of my friends who never seem to have to study and get A's all the time. GRRRRRRRRRR
Nothing wrong with that. Learning how to learn and work for something will serve you well.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I think I could still find every country on the world map in 5 sec or less. I was a funny kid too. :)

Post by meganfernandez »

Suliso wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:31 pm I think I could still find every country on the world map in 5 sec or less. I was a funny kid too. :)
do you play Worldle?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:22 pm ...

Nothing wrong with that. Learning how to learn and work for something will serve you well.
On the money.
I was one of the "smart" kids. I really did not need to study much. But I was very disorganized; I relied too much on memorized stuff. Therefore, I was not a stellar student in college. GPA was not impressive.
But I learned to learn. To ask the "right" question. When I got my Masters, I was much better prepared. So my GPA for my masters was stellar. I had a bit more maturity, and could focus better.
You (Cuckoo) will go to college soon. This is what they don't tell you: if you are an idiot before College, you will most likely come out an idiot. College is not there to cure you of terminal stupidity; what it is there for is to teach you skills to learn. As Megan says, learning to learn. Analyze data. Look for patterns.
If by now you are "forced" to work harder than the other students to get the same result, it might actually be better. Because if they eventually reach a level where they need to apply themselves, they might now know how. You already have the knack for that.
Go hit some balls, now. It is summer, it must be scorching in Maryland, and those courts are calling. Get some blood flowing!
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem