TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ptmcmahon Canada

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by ptmcmahon »

meganfernandez wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:48 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:34 pm Not a drop of make up combined. Maybe Sloane's eyelashes (and yes, I know she is made up to look like she is not made up :p )
The WTA is pretty "bad" in that aspect. I know Naomi has a contract with Sisheido but apart from that, all the girls are always pretty much without three layers of base. I wonder if they are even a possible endorsee for make-up companies.
Pretty sure they are wearing makeup, definitely Angie and probably Sloane. It's just enhancing their natural beauty. It's not heavy makeup. There could also be filters at work.
Same thing I thought...no way Angie isn't wearing any makeup in that picture. Not that I disagree with the thought of course.
:steven:
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Liamvalid wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:00 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:52 pm
Liamvalid wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:48 pmBonaur?
Sounds like Bon Iver. :)

Shemon? Like Demon, his nickname, but She-mon... Not clicking...
In my accent, it sounds like boner, which is why I found it funny 😆
Well, I'm definitely calling them Boner from now on.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Dying

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

An interview (Google translated) with the main sponsor of Clara Tauson.

Paid Clara five years in advance

When the rich man Lars Seier Christensen in May 2019 chose to become a sponsor of Clara Tauson for a five-year period, he did so - here and now - with a proper dive in his pocket.

- In fact, I paid all five years in advance at once, he says and explains:

- The agreement was long and based on me having to help in the beginning, where the need was greatest. Maybe five years later she would be able to fend for herself.

- I might also pay a little more than I had intended, compared to what I might be able to get back in terms of marketing, Lars Seier chuckles and acknowledges that there is also a bit of 'con amore' about his support for the tennis talent.

- Of course, because I think it is very important that we have some flagships for Denmark. That we have some talented representatives in the world, and I think Clara will be. Of course, there is a long way to go to the absolute top, but if she is spared injuries, then I really believe in her.

He obviously hopes for some kind of consideration, but that does not have to make a profit on his marketing account.

- We have agreed that she may be a kind of ambassador for one of the companies in my portfolio at some point, but it is not a card I have played yet. It is not urgent, but if she can later create some attention about one of them, then it could be her payback, he says.

- I might also be able to get some customers to some of her events, so I think I should get some value back on what I have given.

- I also want to think rationally, but I especially have a love for young people who are trying to reach a goal - entrepreneurs as athletes.

She's becoming everyone's darling
In his time, Lars Seier had the opportunity to become a sponsor of Caroline Wozniacki but hesitated. When the bid came in relation to Clara Tauson from the same manager, he did not hesitate.

- I did not join Caroline's trip, and we were also heavily exposed to cycling at the time. Now I got the chance again, and it was funny that it was Mikkel Nissen who called ten years later. Of course I listened, he says.

During the initial maneuvers, he has had almost identical experiences.

- I met a young Caroline and her family who had the same ambitions and willingness all the way around the table to back up, and I have had the same experience with the Tauson Family, he says.

- At the time, I talked a bit with Caroline, and I did the same with Clara to sense how much they wanted it, and I liked the answers from both of them.

- It is a gift from God to have a talent, but you must also have the will and passion to provide what is necessary to achieve your goals, says Lars Seier and explains that he likes to watch a good tennis match, but not is any expert.

Therefore, he has had to lean on the assessments of others, and it was good, he believes today.
- I think she's had her popular breakthrough. Danes like when their compatriots do well. Clara has the potential to become a real darling, because she is humble and quiet off the field and then she fires it in there.

It was a difficult sports Sunday for Sponsor-Lars, because FCK played in Brøndby, and then he had to move on to ice hockey in Rungsted, where he also saw the second set of Clara's final.

- But I have seen previous matches in the tournament, and I have been really happy to see how she with fantastic offensive tennis, power and great mental strength swept all opposition off the court.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_spo ... ud/8498200
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sounds like a healthy sponsorship relationship.
Wonder if one day a player will decide to issue a bond on future earnings of his/her career. You get money up-front and other people are then invested on you. Risky because of the chance of injuries, but nothing more than what happens with real stock.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:35 am
I love the fact that a Grand Slam champion is practicing on a cracked court. ;)

Kevin
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Hadn't notice that. Indeed, new coach, old court...
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Juan M. del Potro @delpotrojuan
Muchas gracias @FundacionKonex por este gran premio y reconocimiento. Siempre es un placer estar con @sabatinigabyok
Un beso grande a todos!!!
Translated from Spanish by Google
Thanks a lot @FundacionKonex for this great award and recognition. It is always a pleasure to be with
@sabatinigabyok
A big kiss to all!

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit confused by this normalcy. But I love seeing them both and they look great.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

Talk about a great looking pair of people. Sabatini is rocking 50. And Delpo is Delpo!! :)

Kevin
Last edited by dmforever on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

My GF used to work for HBO in Caracas. One day this truly gorgeous girl pops her head in her office, and says "would you mind if I sit here for a while?". My GF did not know who she was, but sure, it would be no problem. The girl sat down, and started casual chat. She was super, and they had a good time. The girl then stood up, thanked her for her time (and a cup of coffee) and left. My GF did not mind, and never thought about it.
She then noticed a little bit of excitement outside, and peaked. The girl was surrounded and some people were asking for autographs and one photographer was taking pictures. My GF wondered what actress she was (HBO, again), and why she did not know her.
It was Sabatini. She had been hiding for a while from everybody and the hoopla, and had, luckily, popped her head into the only office of the sole person that did not know who she was. My GF says she was the coolest, easiest going person in the world. And beautiful as could be.
Which she found out about the next day. We hadn't met each other yet, so it happened a bit around the early 2000's.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:54 am My GF used to work for HBO in Caracas. One day this truly gorgeous girl pops her head in her office, and says "would you mind if I sit here for a while?". My GF did not know who she was, but sure, it would be no problem. The girl sat down, and started casual chat. She was super, and they had a good time. The girl then stood up, thanked her for her time (and a cup of coffee) and left. My GF did not mind, and never thought about it.
She then noticed a little bit of excitement outside, and peaked. The girl was surrounded and some people were asking for autographs and one photographer was taking pictures. My GF wondered what actress she was (HBO, again), and why she did not know her.
It was Sabatini. She had been hiding for a while from everybody and the hoopla, and had, luckily, popped her head into the only office of the sole person that did not know who she was. My GF says she was the coolest, easiest going person in the world. And beautiful as could be.
Which she found out about the next day. We hadn't met each other yet, so it happened a bit around the early 2000's.
What a great story. It's so nice to find out that some famous people aren't full of themselves. I had a similar situation with Raoul Bova, a famous Italian actor. He was a friend of a friend of mine but I didn't know who he was. We went out for lunch and the waiters were basically standing at our table waiting for us to ask for anything. It was weird. Then after lunch they all asked for autographs (this was before cell phones had cameras) and I figured it out. But I'd day that Gaby probably has a more level head than he does. :)

Kevin