TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:27 pm Roger goes to COLDPLAY concerts? :cry: :cry: :cry:
I like Coldplay so this is cool from my perspective. #justsaying
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:27 pm Roger goes to COLDPLAY concerts? :cry: :cry: :cry:
ti-amie wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:07 pm
I also like Coldplay - just an example of how we're all flawed individuals, even Roger Federer.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

skatingfan wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:26 am
ti-amie wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:07 pm
I also like Coldplay - just an example of how we're all flawed individuals, even Roger Federer.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ok, I concede. You cracked me up.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

mmmm8 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:58 pm So far, in addition to this, I've read Agassi's, Blake's, Murray's and Sharapova's. Agassi is the best by far (co-written with J.R Moehringer). Blake's was very good as well (co-written with Andrew Friedman. Andrew's ghostwritten a lot of chef autobiographies). All were very readable (Sharapova's was co-written with Rich Cohen), although Murray's was pre-mature and badly edited - sounded like an idea from Judy or his agents early in his career. Someone had asked me to buy it for them and I ended up reading it on a plane before handing it over, so it was engaging at least.. Murray didn't list a co-writer, but if I had to guess, it'd by Judy :)

I have Arthur Ashe's book, which I think I picked up for a couple dollars at a used book store, on my to-be-read shelves. But it's not his memoir (Days of Grace) but his book on tennis strategy, On Tennis.
McEnroe's Rage for Perfection is pretty good too..

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

So Señor Betancourt got dumped in Rome?

More

The Source for this, uh,information

Stefanos Tsitsipas spoke passionately to SDNA about his relationship with Paula Badosa and revealed the dream that the 25-year-old Spaniard had before she even met him! MISSION TO LONDON: Vicky Georgatou.
Just before starting his attempt at Wimbledon, the top Greek tennis player expressed his love for the British Slam, but mostly his love for his girl!

He tells us how it all started and emphasizes that he feels in love for the first time in his life...

Just because it is the first time, many are afraid that he will give it all and leave his favorite sport aside.

Steph, however, makes it clear that he remains committed to tennis, having as a big dream the conquest of the Grand Slam at the same time as his beloved!

After all, Paula saw it in her sleep and this is one of the many "signs", for which Stefanos believes that their paths were meant to cross at some point!

Your record on grass this year was not the best possible, but how do you feel? Do you find it?

"In the last few days, having been able to play on more... normal pitches, I'm starting and finding it. In some of the grass tournaments the practice surface is not even close to what we have here. She is completely different. It's hard to draw conclusions playing on such courts, it's not "real" Wimbledon grass. So I don't take it to heart. I got a bit of a... shock in training here beyond the difference. I'm more comfortable playing rallies, without stressing that the ball might go off course or that the bounce will be a little different. So it puts me in a better mental state. Wimbledon will always be my favorite tournament, you don't get that feeling anywhere else. I feel how important this tournament is and we only get a chance to experience this once a year. The Australian Open will forever be the "home slam" for me, it feels like home and it has given me incredible memories. But if I win Wimbledon I can stop playing tennis and... tomorrow, everyone will remember me!"

- As a Top 5 player and title contender, how do you feel when you hear from experts and non-experts that Novak Djokovic has the trophy... in his pocket?

“Somehow he has! It's stubborn, the truth is. And I want like crazy to be able to win him back and show that I'm capable of doing something too, but he's found the secret recipe of how he can be there in every slam, go deep without any problem against any opponent . Works like clockwork! I have observed his routines and seen how professional he is at what he does. It's completely normal that he's playing at this level. I don't want to say anything bad about Nadal, but he has different routines that have cost him his career with injuries and I know why these things happen. Novak has avoided it, his diet is the most incredible in tennis, his recovery is the most advanced I have seen, so I also take some elements and add them to my own tennis. I think that's also why he's going so strong at an age where you'd think your level would drop, which is normal."

- Last year's loss to Nick Kyrgios gave you supplies for the future?

"Yes definitely. For me, Kyrgios is a good player on grass, although he may not be that professional in some things, like fitness, and we all know that. He has talent, he can and he plays on a surface where it is not as physically demanding as clay, for example. He gets by, let's put it that way."

- Did you also learn something regarding the spiritual management of such matches?

“Yeah, I learned my lesson. I realized that I shouldn't act like this again, it was my mistake to get into such a headspace and let it happen, knowing that he would want to put me in such a situation. In the future I will know that this will be his main tactic, he said it himself in Break Point (on Netflix) what he tried to do. I look forward to our next meeting. I want to keep playing against players like him, because I think if I can get a win against Kyrgios, Djokovic, Alcarath, it's a door that opens for a Grand Slam title."

- I will also ask you about Paula, of course. What I haven't heard you mention is when and how this all started...

“For the last three years I have loved her very much, I saw her for the first time at the Australian Open 2020 on the TV from my apartment and I remember her at this moment very vividly. It's not often that I see someone on TV and like their energy so much without ever having met them. With a few "hello's" over the last few years I was given the opportunity to get to know her more and more. He started in Rome with a message from me when he beat Ons Zambert in the second round. I watched the match and I really liked the way she played and handled the situation against a very good clay player like Ons, who plays very smart, uses drop shots etc. I sent her congratulations and the whole story started like that . The truth is she was a big fan of mine before that and so was I, for the way she plays, while I also liked her character and personality. It was a common thing, on both sides. It was meant to happen, there were so many signs of why this is normal to happen. I won't go into details because it would take me an hour to talk! In a way, I feel like I'm falling in love for the first time in my life. I never expected this to happen and it gives me a new perspective on life. It makes me a happier person. Whether I win titles or lose, it doesn't matter to me. I know I have found my man, I know we are here to create beautiful moments together. I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever." from both sides. It was meant to happen, there were so many signs of why this is normal to happen. I won't go into details because it would take me an hour to talk! In a way, I feel like I'm falling in love for the first time in my life. I never expected this to happen and it gives me a new perspective on life. It makes me a happier person. Whether I win titles or lose, it doesn't matter to me. I know I have found my man, I know we are here to create beautiful moments together. I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever." from both sides. It was meant to happen, there were so many signs of why this is normal to happen. I won't go into details because it would take me an hour to talk! In a way, I feel like I'm falling in love for the first time in my life. I never expected this to happen and it gives me a new perspective on life. It makes me a happier person. Whether I win titles or lose, it doesn't matter to me. I know I have found my man, I know we are here to create beautiful moments together. I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever." In a way, I feel like I'm falling in love for the first time in my life. I never expected this to happen and it gives me a new perspective on life. It makes me a happier person. Whether I win titles or lose, it doesn't matter to me. I know I have found my man, I know we are here to create beautiful moments together. I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever." In a way, I feel like I'm falling in love for the first time in my life. I never expected this to happen and it gives me a new perspective on life. It makes me a happier person. Whether I win titles or lose, it doesn't matter to me. I know I have found my man, I know we are here to create beautiful moments together. I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever." I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever." I will support her as much as I can along with my tennis, I will be there for her. I love her very much and will continue to love her forever."
(This is exactly how the above appears in the English translation of the original Greek)

- And what do you have to say to those who say that you will devote yourself to the girl and leave tennis in the background?

"It's not true, because tennis is my daily life and it's the only job I have. So no! We have also made it clear with Paula that tennis will be our #1 goal, what we do, and we will be here for each other, to support each other and to live a dream together. We both want to win a Grand Slam and I hope we can do it together soon. Paula had a dream before we met and I'll leave it to her to explain."

- What dream; That you won something together?

"Before we even talk or meet! That's why I say there are so many signs. She saw that we both won the Australian Open, but I'd like Paula to tell you that story! It is a very beautiful story and he had a lot of fun when he told it to me. The best thing about it all is that we can dream together and we understand each other. And he has tremendous patience, which is very hard to find. I'm very grateful that something like this happened at this stage of my life, because it brings me closer to reality."

https://www.sdna.gr/tenis/1099218_tsits ... kerdisoyme
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I can tell of all the times I dreamt that Audrey Hepburn and I won an Oscar together.

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:21 am I can tell of all the times I dreamt that Audrey Hepburn and I won an Oscar together.
haha! And of course Tsitsipas was swayed by the dream. It's a sign!

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Sounds like her name is Shai (sounds like Skyie?)..looking forward to Osaka's return...she will be a force on hard courts..she is very young still..

Post by meganfernandez »

ashkor87 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:01 am Sounds like her name is Shai (sounds like Skyie?)..looking forward to Osaka's return...she will be a force on hard courts..she is very young still..
Could be a nickname, too. Very odd if they basically named her "shy," since Osaka is so shy.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Not first time I have heard the name...it means 'gift' in Arabic, it seems.. not that I would know..

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

How long before she comes back?
Could she be ready for the Aussie? Or maybe a bit too ambitious?