Post by ti-amie »

Court PHILIPPE-CHATRIER

Women’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
TUN O.Jabeur (6) vs POL M.Linette
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
CAN F.Auger-Aliassime (9) vs PER JP.Varillas (Q)
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
FRA C.Burel vs GRE M.Sakkari (4)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
ARG JI.Londero (L) vs ESP C.Alcaraz (6)

Court SUZANNE-LENGLEN

Women’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
USA S.Stephens vs GER J.Niemeier (Q)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
USA J.Isner (23) vs FRA Q.Halys
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
GER A.Zverev (3) vs AUT S.Ofner (Q)
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
FRA K.Mladenovic vs CAN L.Fernandez (17)

Court SIMONNE-MATHIEU

Men’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
BOL H.Dellien vs AUT D.Thiem
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
EST K.Kanepi vs ESP G.Muguruza (10)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
ITA F.Fognini vs AUS A.Popyrin
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
USA C.Gauff (18) vs CAN R.Marino (Q)

Court 14

Women’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
COL C.Osorio vs FRA H.Tan (W)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
JPN T.Daniel vs FRA G.Barrere (W)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
POR N.Borges (Q) vs --- K.Khachanov (21)
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
SUI B.Bencic (14) vs HUN RL.Jani (L)

Court 7

Men’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
BUL G.Dimitrov (18) vs USA M.Giron
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
FRA C.Monnet (W) vs CZE K.Muchova
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
USA B.Pera vs SUI J.Teichmann (23)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
ESP A.Ramos-Vinolas vs AUS T.Kokkinakis

Court 6

Women’s Singles

FIRST ROUND
ROU S.Cirstea (26) vs GER T.Maria
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
--- A.Kuznetsov (Q) vs ARG D.Schwartzman (15)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
NED T.Griekspoor vs ESP A.Davidovich Fokina (25)
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
ROU EG.Ruse vs BEL E.Mertens (31)

Court 8

Men’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
SLO A.Bedene vs AUS C.O'Connell (W)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
URU P.Cuevas vs USA J.Brooksby (31)
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
AUS A.Sharma vs --- V.Gracheva
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
SWE M.Bjorklund (Q) vs CRO D.Vekic (Q)

Court 9

Men’s Singles

FIRST ROUND
GER D.Altmaier vs ESP J.Munar
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
--- A.Sasnovich vs CHN X.Wang
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
SRB O.Danilovic (Q) vs HUN D.Galfi
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
USA M.Mmoh (W) vs ESP B.Zapata Miralles (Q)

Court 12

Women’s Singles

FIRST ROUND
BRA B.Haddad Maia vs ESP C.Bucsa (Q)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
NED B.Van De Zandschulp (26) vs --- P.Kotov (Q)
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
ARG C.Ugo Carabelli (Q) vs --- A.Karatsev
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
USA L.Davis vs CZE M.Bouzkova

Court 13

Men’s Singles
FIRST ROUND
CRO B.Coric vs ESP C.Taberner
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
CZE K.Siniakova vs CRO P.Martic
Women’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
BEL A.Van Uytvanck vs USA A.Li
Men’s Singles
UPCOMING
FIRST ROUND
AUS J.Kubler (Q) vs KUDLA USA D.Kudla
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: '22 RG Day 1 OoP & Discussion

Post by meganfernandez »

Jabeur is in trouble, down a break late in the third. Forehand breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Indeed...
Linette was 1 point away from a 5-2 third set lead - but Jabeur held on to break.
Now on serve at 3-4... and... raining.
At the beginning of the broadcast, they said there was an 8% chance of rain.
That 8% just became 100%.
Not raining hard, though - they're back on court now after a delay of only a couple of minutes.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Linette then had another 2 chances to go ahead 5-3 at 15-40 on Jabeur's serve... but Jabeur held.
4-4.
Against a top player like Jabeur, you have to capitalize on your chances.

Jabeur is clearly frustrated with her own play... but Linette is gifting her too many points now.
Both are playing nervous tennis.

Linette just held. 5-4...

Thiem out in straight sets. His comeback is really not going well.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

'22 RG Day 1 OoP & Discussion

Post by meganfernandez »

Deuce wrote:Linette then had another 2 chances to go ahead 5-3 at 15-40 on Jabeur's serve... but Jabeur held.
4-4.

Jabeur is clearly frustrated with her own play... but Linette is gifting her too many points now.

I’m enjoying the end of this Jabeur-Linette match. Super tight and a see-saw in intensity/pressure every few points. Lunette had chances with Jabeur serving at 4-5. At 15-all, Linette missed a second-serve return into the net. Later hit a super tight FH slice into the net. On form, Linette ought to have won by now but Jabeur is calling on her confidence every time her back is against the wall.

It’s raining quite hard.

Update: You don’t want to know what happened once Jabeur was up 40-love on her serve at 5-6. Unbelievable. Jabeur looked to be cruising into a TB - then she failed to put away an overhead and a following high volley, qnd Linette passed her. Next point or two, she missed a sitter overhead into the bottom of the net. That made it deuce and she lost the next two points. Ouch.

Credit to Linette. Very tough loss for Jabeur.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:35 am
Deuce wrote:Linette then had another 2 chances to go ahead 5-3 at 15-40 on Jabeur's serve... but Jabeur held.
4-4.

I’m enjoying the end of this Jabeur-Linette match. Super tight and a see-saw in intensity/pressure every few points. Lunette had chances with Jabeur serving at 4-5. At 15-all, Linette missed a second-serve return into the net. Later hit a super tight FH slice into the net. On form, Linette ought to have won by now but Jabeur is calling on her confidence every time her back is against the wall.

It’s raining quite hard.

Update: You don’t want to know what happened once Jabeur was up 40-love on her serve at 5-6. Unbelievable. Jabeur looked to be cruising into a TB - then she failed to put away an overhead and a following high volley, qnd Linette passed her. Next point or two, she missed a sitter overhead into the bottom of the net. That made it deuce and she lost the next two points. Ouch.

Yeah - Jabeur really butchered that last game. She was playing very fast, and was up 40-0 in about 40 seconds. I think she was already into the tiebreak in her head, and forgot that she has to close that game out first.

Two things stood out to me in that 3rd set:
Jabeur missed putting away several points at the net - sometimes it was hitting put-away volleys right back to Linette, sometimes it was weak or outright missed overheads...
And Linette hit some beautiful (and very effective) drop shots in that 3rd set that really frustrated Jabeur, as SHE is the one who's supposed to be hitting the perfect drop shots.

So... this tournament will now have less variety and creativity now with Jabeur gone. It's too bad, because she's easily one of the most enjoyable players to watch play.
R.I.P. Amal...

Post by meganfernandez »

Deuce wrote:
meganfernandez wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:35 am
4-4.

It’s raining quite hard.

Yeah - Jabeur really butchered that last game. She was playing very fast, and was up 40-0 in about 40 seconds. I think she was already into the tiebreak in her head, and forgot that she has to close that game out first.

Two things stood out to me in that 3rd set:
Jabeur missed putting away several points at the net - sometimes it was hitting put-away volleys right back to Linette, sometimes it was weak or outright missed overheads...
And Linette hit some beautiful (and very effective) drop shots in that 3rd set that really frustrated Jabeur, as SHE is the one who's supposed to be hitting the perfect drop shots.

So... this tournament will now have less variety and creativity now with Jabeur gone. It's too bad, because she's easily one of the most enjoyable players to watch play.
Yeah, big loss for entertainment value. Really thought Jabeur was going to edge out Linette on confidence. Shows how fickle tennis can be. She seemed 10 seconds from a tiebreak with the momentum and the experience, and instead in three minutes she is shaking hands. Ons to the grass…

Mugu is up an early break and I’m falling for the trap that she might catch fire and win the tournament. She’s in the bottom half, so….

Post by meganfernandez »

This is one of the five straight points Jabeur lost in the last game after leading 40-love. A couple points earlier, she failed to put away an overhead and lost the point. Good bet that was still in her head when she flubbed this one badly.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Thanks for the narrative because I just woke up to find out that Ons had lost. A complete WTF moment, as she had obviously been the second best player in the tour after the Iga, during the clay season.
I am going to build a MACRO that inserts the words THE PARITY IN THE WTA IS HIGHER THAN AT ANY OTHER TIME IN HISTORY. As I have said plenty of times, I like that. Iga is the only one not affected by that but all other players right now are aiming to be just slightly better than her opponent that day. Nothing more.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:02 pm ...

Mugu is up an early break and I’m falling for the trap that she might catch fire and win the tournament. She’s in the bottom half, so….

Do that at your own risk. It might affect your sanity, though ;)
The scoreline looks promising...
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I'm watching Muchova - Monnet now... Some really nice points - both players have to work for their points.

Monnet is a kid I met at a Junior tournament 3 years ago. Very nice and polite. I told her I'd give her $5 if she played the Final with my standard size Head Vilas wood racquet that I had with me. She found that quite funny.
Her coach told me he teaches kids using a wood racquet - he has them use wood racquets. Then he gave me his coupon for free food at the restaurant tent.

Monnet had problems finding the money to play through Juniors - her parents couldn't afford it... She's climbing in the rankings now, though - she's up to about #250. She's 1 year older than Leylah.

She is a scrambler. She's got a lot of 'spunk'. She's one of those players who you can clearly see plays for the right reasons. This is her first main draw at a Major.
She won't win this match, but she's putting in a very good effort, and is definitely making Muchova work for it.
R.I.P. Amal...

jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

As for Jabeur, once a loser, always a loser, even though I love her game, too, and had her going to the final.

She has been a choke artist throughout her career and reverted to form today.
shmrck14 United States of America

Post by shmrck14 »

Well Jabeur just blew up my draw, I had her in the final and used that for the various contests. I thought she was over the inability to close out matches. My bad, won't ever make that mistake again.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

FAA in real trouble. It is not the score only, is that Varillas (no idea who he is) is playing very solid tennis.

Post by meganfernandez »

jazzyg wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:50 pm As for Jabeur, once a loser, always a loser, even though I love her game, too, and had her going to the final.

She has been a choke artist throughout her career and reverted to form today.
Kinda harsh. :) If she had hit the overhead at 40-love just a little better, not right back to Linette, she probably wins the match. One match or one swing of the racket doesn't define her. I know it's frustrating when you are counting on a player for predictions, though.