ATP WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros 5/26 - 6/9 2024

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: ATP WTA Grand Slam Roland Garros 5/26 - 6/9 2024

Post by ti-amie »

I have been trying to find a full length picture. I have learned about "collar gaps" from men's fashion guru Derek Guy and now know that shirt collars should fit UNDER the lapels of the suit jacket like Carlos' do here and not hug the neck.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jordan's full quote:

"I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:48 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:23 pm Exactly. Not dressed as if he fell off his bed and landed on some clothes.
Good from him.
The jacket seems quite high, like double breasted? I like the polish, don't love the jacket.
....Of COURSE you don't. ;)
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

According to this French site the mens final was viewed by 4.3 million people. The women's final was viewed by 2.11 million. The women's final aired from 2p - 3p Saturday afternoon. The men's final aired from 2:14p to 7:41p.

https://sportbusiness.club/tennis-quell ... rros-2024/
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

nelslus wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:50 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:48 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:23 pm Exactly. Not dressed as if he fell off his bed and landed on some clothes.
Good from him.
The jacket seems quite high, like double breasted? I like the polish, don't love the jacket.
....Of COURSE you don't. ;)
Don't get me started on his helmet hair.

I just missed the Carlitos Kool-Aid cup when it was passed around. Can't explain it, other than my affections were already spoken for, or the universe knew I had to save them for Shelton (he's half-Hoosier). I don't DISlike like him. I just LOVE to see someone else, anyone else, run down his drop shots or drop shot HIM. It's going to be my main source of joy in men's tennis for the next decade.

The jacket is too high-cut.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Carlos is dressed like a grandpa, IMO
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Those TV ratings are from which countries? Do they include Germany, Poland, Spain and Italy?
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Suliso wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:52 am Those TV ratings are from which countries? Do they include Germany, Poland, Spain and Italy?
Those ratings are for France 2.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I have been against equal pay per se forever.
But the number of viewers for this final actually prove the point. So, this time the men's final drew more. What do we do when those Novak Vs some-poor-puppy finals were happening? Should we have paid more to the women? I say, for sure. I forget what year it was, but the Rybakina/Sabalenka final certainly was better, and gained a higher rating, that whichever human sacrifice took place the next day when Novak killed somebody on broad daylight.
Sometimes, the men's final will be epic. Sometimes it will be the women's. This time, Iga's afternoon snacking was a dud. But if this is the measuring tape, next time the women's final is better and draws more viewers than the men's, pay them more.
The market has something to say; if you matches generate less revenue, it should be a factor to be considered. But if at Wimbledon, Elena and Aryna are scheduled for an epic final, and Hugo Dellien is going to be eaten alive by Carlitos, flip the paychecks.
(I know the pay checks are the same, but I hope my point is clear).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:I have been against equal pay per se forever.
But the number of viewers for this final actually prove the point. So, this time the men's final drew more. What do we do when those Novak Vs some-poor-puppy finals were happening? Should we have paid more to the women? I say, for sure. I forget what year it was, but the Rybakina/Sabalenka final certainly was better, and gained a higher rating, that whichever human sacrifice took place the next day when Novak killed somebody on broad daylight.
Sometimes, the men's final will be epic. Sometimes it will be the women's. This time, Iga's afternoon snacking was a dud. But if this is the measuring tape, next time the women's final is better and draws more viewers than the men's, pay them more.
The market has something to say; if you matches generate less revenue, it should be a factor to be considered. But if at Wimbledon, Elena and Aryna are scheduled for an epic final, and Hugo Dellien is going to be eaten alive by Carlitos, flip the paychecks.
(I know the pay checks are the same, but I hope my point is clear).
Chopping up the prize money by gender makes no sense to me. Stars draw fans. If you want to make it totally fair, pay the stars more, regardless of gender.

But that is dumb, too. I can’t believe this dead horse is still stinking up the room. It’s unconscionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

The FO played out as expected, except for Paolini, who was a real surprise..She is not young, where has she been all this while?