With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
Deuce Canada

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by Deuce »

mmmm8 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:54 pm I don't think Zverev is a good example of a player whose feathers Ben's ruffled (there are several), since Zverev's issue is with Ben is about Zverev's domestic violence history.
^ That was simply the example that I remembered specifically seeing. I thought at the time that Zverev (whom I don't particularly like) was making a general comment about Ben's reporting over time, and that it was not specifically about the assault allegations.
And, yes, there have been other players who've had a problem with Ben related to what Zverev brought up (that Ben goes for the sensationalism too much). I get the impression that, among the majority of players, Ben is more tolerated than he is truly respected.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ah, to be young and in love! ;)
Good for her.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

From Wiki:

Doping agent
Sports
The regulation of modafinil as a doping agent has been controversial in the sporting world, with high-profile cases attracting press coverage since several prominent American athletes have tested positive for the substance. Some athletes who were found to have used modafinil protested that the drug was not on the prohibited list at the time of their offenses.[127] However, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) maintains that it was related to already banned substances. The Agency added modafinil to its list of prohibited substances on August 3, 2004, ten days before the start of the 2004 Summer Olympics.

Modafinil has received some publicity in the past when several athletes (such as sprinter Kelli White in 2004, cyclist David Clinger[128] and basketball player Diana Taurasi[129] in 2010, and rower Timothy Grant in 2015[130]) were discovered allegedly using it as a performance-enhancing doping agent. (Taurasi and another player, Monique Coker, tested at the same lab, were later cleared.[131]) It is not clear how widespread this practice is. The BALCO scandal brought to light an as-yet unsubstantiated (but widely published) account of Major League Baseball's all-time leading home-run hitter Barry Bonds' supplemental chemical regimen that included modafinil in addition to anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.[132] Modafinil has been shown to prolong exercise time to exhaustion while performing at 85% of VO2max and also reduces the perception of effort required to maintain this threshold.[133] Modafinil was added to the World Anti-Doping Agency "Prohibited List" in 2004 as a prohibited stimulant (see Modafinil Legal Status).

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Talk about a dream job...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Chipping away at the "How to like Tsisipas" approach. This new ATP fathers are really something.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:38 pm
I kind of want to apply. It doesn't specifically say it, but surely I could get my hands on the website design and overhaul the entire UI if I got this job, right?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

If you do apply before you submit your application check what the base pay is for that position elsewhere.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The second one looks like a fine and cost of damage should be assessed.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Definitely - the cameras are part of the equipment on the court - if you don't want to hit it than don't play so close to the wall.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

A potentially interesting challenger final in Chicago between Clara Tauson and Emma Raducanu. The former #84 and the latter #150 in the live rankings, in both cases career best. I think both could be of some importance in few years.