With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by ponchi101 »

Remember how promising Brady looked after the Aussie final? Now, she is again as obscure as before that, with those points to defend come February.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:Remember how promising Brady looked after the Aussie final? Now, she is again as obscure as before that, with those points to defend come February.
Maybe dropping the coach wasn’t smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

Sometimes you stumble on quite the piece of data )))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Regarding who'll come back to US for IW a good indication is who has signed up for WTA Chicago. The following top players are missing: Barty, Osaka, Krejcikova, Swiatek, Halep, Kerber and Fernandez.

For men is harder to say because San Diego is a smaller tournament and injured players aside everyone is automatically signed up for IW, even Djokovic who has already said he won't play. We'll just have to wait for withdrawals...
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I'm quite sure that, after the 2 weeks she just had, Leylah will rest, then play Indian Wells.
In 2020, right before the pandemic began, Leylah was quite happy that Indian Wells gave her a WildCard. She was doing well at the time, and the WildCard looked like it would help continue her momentum. Unfortunately, Indian Wells was the first tournament cancelled. Then many other tournaments were cancelled. It could not have happened at a worse time for Leylah - and I wondered if she'd be able to get back to the level she was playing at when the virus stopped everything.

Since the return to play, she's been up and down - with the past 2 weeks obviously being the peak.
I don't think there's any way she'll miss Indian Wells this year.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Omess Canada

Post by Omess »

Suliso wrote:Regarding who'll come back to US for IW a good indication is who has signed up for WTA Chicago. The following top players are missing: Barty, Osaka, Krejcikova, Swiatek, Halep, Kerber and Fernandez.

For men is harder to say because San Diego is a smaller tournament and injured players aside everyone is automatically signed up for IW, even Djokovic who has already said he won't play. We'll just have to wait for withdrawals...
Sabalenka and Gauff also entered but withdrew https://www.dartsrankings.com/tennis/women/chicago-500 but I doubt Gauff will miss it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post by meganfernandez »

Suliso wrote:Regarding who'll come back to US for IW a good indication is who has signed up for WTA Chicago. The following top players are missing: Barty, Osaka, Krejcikova, Swiatek, Halep, Kerber and Fernandez.

Muguruza is in San Diego, presumably waiting for IW. Guessing she won’t play Chicago but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I hope there is a solid field, but I think with no year end championships (?) the WTA season at least is effectively over. Of course many players need points and money, those will play.
Omess Canada

Post by Omess »

WTA final will be held in Guadalajara Mexico week of Nov 8

https://www.wtatennis.com/news/2252442/ ... ara-mexico

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post by meganfernandez »

Omess wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:42 pm WTA final will be held in Guadalajara Mexico week of Nov 8

que sorprendo
Last edited by meganfernandez on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

mick1303 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:16 am Sometimes you stumble on quite the piece of data )))
No doubt he is an attacking serve and volley player... ;)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm
Omess wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:42 pm WTA final will be held in Guadalajara Mexico week of Nov 8

que sorpriendo
What? ;)
(If you, by any chance, have a spanish speaking person near to you, he could help ;) )
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

I'm wondering why Carillo kept insisting that the woman next to Medvedev's coach is Daniil's psychologist? Medvedev was asked who is she and what kind of association he has with her. His reply was that I don't have any association with her, she is with my coach. And again stressed WITH, meaning that they are a couple. If in the past she was employed as a psychologist by Daniil, it is clearly no longer a case.

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:02 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:00 pm

que sorpriendo
What? ;)
(If you, by any chance, have a spanish speaking person near to you, he could help ;) )
haha! I try! Corrected to "que sorprendo" - is that right?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Nope :D . QUE SORPRESA (if you want to say WHAT A SURPRISE). Or ME SORPRENDE, if it is I AM SURPRISED.
You should date a Spanish speaking person, I am telling you :P Fastest way to learn a language (they call it "a blanket with ears" here in Colombia).