Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

Pretty sure she's talking about something else. Think it might be the streaming site, not the main WTA Tour one. She's Canadian so she is seeing something different than I am and have access to, but that's my best guess. That's not offered here unfortunately.

Post by JazzNU »

This is only too true, I can't think of the last big tennis event that was hosted in Latin America that wasn't the Olympics.

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Does "all" include women? And by "leadership" do you mean Vasek because the President will be MIA?

Curious timing. Is Novak maybe thinking he'll be missing many more in coming months so why not host it now?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:35 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:01 pm How would you call the Laver Cup IF it were held for women's? The Goolagong's Cup? ;)
I would like that roster very much.
I'd think the Martina Cup or Navratilova Cup would be more apropos. I'd object, but Graf Cup is another possibility. It could also just be like the Ryder Cup, since that what the idea is behind the Laver Cup and just go with something along the lines of the Ellison Cup.
I'm wondering why is that nobody mentioned the most obvious choice - who won a ladies Calendar Year Grand Slam around the time Laver won his? None other that Margaret Court. Is she like Voldemort here - the name that is prohibited to mention?
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Yes.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Why would one give such an honor to a person with a seriously compromised reputation?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Keep in mind that Allie Kiick is MAGA.

For her to say this implies, like Carillo's action, that whatever was going on was well known within the tennis community. I'm still stunned at Kiick taking this position.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Speaking of...

FORMER TENNIS PRODIGY THIAGO SEYBOTH WILD UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR DOMESTIC ABUSE: https://tennisuptodate.com/atp/former-t ... stic-abuse

This one IS being investigated, she went to the police and got a restraining order.

Here is a more detaled article in Portuguese: https://www.uol.com.br/esporte/ultimas- ... rporal.htm

He's denied it and said he's a victim of slander and defamaton.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

It's interesting that the ATP has left out the Laver Cup incident where there are alleged to be witnesses and is focusing on Shanghai where there were no witnesses. Interesting choice.

Post by JazzNU »

Thiago's ex-girlfriend was on Insta Stories late this summer cursing him because she had found out he was cheating on her and didn't use protection. Laughing at her behind her back about how clueless she was or something like that. Sounded like the women he was cheating with were mostly prostitutes. And she was on medication because of the mental distress she was experiencing because of it.

There were no accusations of abuse then. Jose Morgado had something up about it if anyone follows him.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:02 pm Thiago's ex-girlfriend was on Insta Stories late this summer cursing him because she had found out he was cheating on her and didn't use protection. Laughing at her behind her back about how clueless she was or something like that. Sounded like the women he was cheating with were mostly prostitutes. And she was on medication because of the mental distress she was experiencing because of it.

There were no accusations of abuse then. Jose Morgado had something up about it if anyone follows him.
I follow him and I'll see if I can find his take on this.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:30 pm It's interesting that the ATP has left out the Laver Cup incident where there are alleged to be witnesses and is focusing on Shanghai where there were no witnesses. Interesting choice.
What year was the Laver Cup incident, because the first couple of editions of that event weren't ATP events?