ti-amie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:34 pm
Please post it.

End of the game:

► Show Spoiler
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ponchi101 »

I stopped disliking him when he went to TB, because he proved a point to me.
Coaches are overrated. There is not one single coach in any sport worth more than 500K/year. Belichick went from 6 SB rings to not being able to make the playoffs when this one guy left, who immediately led his team to a SB.
Still, him getting angry is funny :thumbsup:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:17 pm I stopped disliking him when he went to TB, because he proved a point to me.
Coaches are overrated. There is not one single coach in any sport worth more than 500K/year. Belichick went from 6 SB rings to not being able to make the playoffs when this one guy left, who immediately led his team to a SB.
Still, him getting angry is funny :thumbsup:

Didn't see this before. This is revisionist history. I've seen a lot of this the last few weeks. Tom Brady is most definitely not the reason the Patriots won those first Super Bowls, he was just a small part of it. He was a system QB when he was younger and NE barely squeaked out wins because they were not an offensive juggernaut.

And people have very convenient amnesia where last year is concerned and it happened quickly. Brady struggled somewhat last season through the midway point adjusting to Arians and Leftwich's offensive strategies. Him and Bruce had a tug of war at the best approach, Brady won that battle and they instituted the Belichick/McDaniels Patriots offense completely.

The point is, it's nice to look at the SB win as if it's proof of anything, but it's not. Brady is being way too much credit at the moment. Patriots teams were never as stacked as the TB teams are. Never. They were woven together on a shoestring budget basically and when anything started losing value, he quickly traded them out for another cheap option. Belichick is an asshole of the highest order, but he deserves credit for every SB that the Patriots won. Brady deserves credit, but it shouldn't remotely be in place of Belichick creating a dynasty in New England.

And acting as if the TB win wasn't about the entire team, especially the defense that held the Chiefs to 9 points and giving Tom all this credit is absolutely ridiculous. Brady and his 3 interception Conference Championship game against GB should alone be proof that should not be happening. But people like to just prop up Tom and forget all those pesky little details.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The QB always gets all the credit. The defense is always an afterthought. That said it's interesting how Brady has opened a window into his life since leaving NE.

He did struggle with the offense when he first got to TB but as you say he won the battle and ultimately won the war.

Can we talk about how Cam Newton was never going to work in NE? I'm giving Belichick another two years to recreate the juggernaut that was NE, like them or not.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

QBs usually gets most of the credit, but not always, and not when their defenses are considered great ones the way the Patriots were. With Brady, they've revamped it as time went on to fit the glowing narrative. His first SB win is comparable to that of a Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer, QBs who have never once been credited with winning their SB by anyone other than their mothers.

It's pretty wild how much gets ignored for Brady to fit the narrative. But this recent incarnation of him being able to do it all on his own and not needing Belichick when he STILL needs his schemes to have success in Tampa Bay is especially ridiculous. And it's something everyone who is commentating on it knows, they talked about it most of last year, so really over the top that it is happening.

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Lightning is delaying start of Monday Night Football. I read earlier that a lot of beaches in Cali were being closed for the same reason.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And I say that Russell Wilson would have three of four more wins already if Pete Carroll would use him more productively and would not limit his throwing and his scrambles because, you know, "you have to establish the run".
No, with Russell, you don't.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Couldn't resist including the reply. It's the best I've seen throughout this tawdry tale.

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

I think we're missing the footage of the dancing.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

There's a video clip of an offensive line coach for a Florida team hoovering up Colombian marching powder. I don't know if it's legit or not.

Post by JazzNU »

skatingfan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:02 pm I think we're missing the footage of the dancing.
If you check Twitter you can find it somewhere. But it's not around as much as it was. Urban clearly hired a Crisis Management firm very late Saturday night and they got the video taken down soon in short order on Sunday.