Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:07 pm There's a video clip of an offensive line coach for a Florida team hoovering up Colombian marching powder. I don't know if it's legit or not.
I'm guessing it's legit, but I'm also guessing it's about 4 years old. Is it the Miami Dolphins? Because the chances of them having two coaches in the same exact position getting caught doing lines on video seems incredibly unlikely.

Post by JazzNU »

JACKSONVILLE, FL—Apologizing to Jaguars fans for his early failures in leading the team, Jacksonville coach Urban Meyer admitted to reporters Tuesday that he is still adjusting to the speed of NFL cover-ups. “At the college level, these scandals take a lot longer to develop, and I’ll admit I just haven’t done the work to adjust my press strategy from Ohio State,” said Meyer, who explained that he was often able to shut down a damaging story or sweep a player’s transgressions under the rug with a single phone call while running a college program. “The NFL media ecosystem is just more complex than college, so I can’t run with the same simple denials I used in the past. I’m dealing with grown adults now, and lots of people have their own ideas that I can’t just override by throwing them off the team or threatening to take away a scholarship. Jaguars fans deserve a better level of cover-up than I’ve been providing, and I’m committed to learning and getting better.” At press time, Meyer had hired a former assistant from the Steelers so he could learn how they managed to sweep everything Ben Roethlisberger has done under the rug.

https://www.theonion.com/urban-meyer-st ... 1847802700

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

The Internet, and especially Twitter, never forgets

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Dungy hasn't coached in at least five years and why give up a cushy highly paid analyst job?

As for Fisher I've never cared for his approach to the game.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

I love Mina, but don't get her piling on to what is apparently a popular thing to do right now in dragging the Steelers. I get that Ben doesn't look good. Noted. He tripped over air. But feeling sorry for the D? I mean, sure, but the same can be said of most defenses on the team in a final year of a HOF QB. I don't remember anyone feeling sorry for the Broncos D in Peyton's final year. Saying, they won a SB doesn't negate that he was a liability all season. And Peyton hadn't played for 17 seasons in Denver and gotten them 2 SB rings, the benching and replacing him is a much more difficult in Pittsburgh.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Russell WIlson out 6 weeks, after that ugly broken finger. He suffered ligaments damage.
I really don't think the Seahawks can do too much without him. And, for us Fantasy Owners (looking at you, JazzNu), the value of Metcalf and Locket just went down the drain. So long, 3 touchdown/120 yards games.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

Not writing off Metcalf just yet, though very sorry about Russ' injury and it might be 8 weeks since he's having surgery. But Geno looked good and Metcalf had a touchdown after he came in, so a wait and see approach from me, not gloom and doom.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

He could not connect with Locket, so it was not that good for me. But sure, Geno has shown some potential in the past.
I have a few other WR's, so I may have some options. I gambled on Michael Thomas, whom I think can have some chemistry with Jameis. But right now, it does not look good for the Seahawks.
Carroll will try to run the ball more. Chris Carson is going to have a lot of touches.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Smith didn't really get an opportunity to connect with Lockett because of the interception--he is a competent backup quarterback, and expect him to be more efficient after 10 days of practice. The season is still hosed, though, especially if Carson continues to sit out with his neck injury.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Moar

Post by JazzNU »

Some context on what was in the recent emails revealed, from the NYT story. Carl Nassib is a Raider, FYI, so that makes this even worse.

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Wow...quite a lot worse than they were making it out to be yesterday. On SNF Tirico and Dungy were trying to playing it up like it wasn't a big deal. Of course, Tirico was his play by play man at the time, so that probably didn't mean much.

Good riddance.
:steven: