With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by ponchi101 »

As we talk about endorsements...
Emma has been named Ambassador to DIOR.
They are just trying to spread them apart bit by bit. First jewelry, now clothing. Give it a few weeks for watch (Tiffany nor Dior make them), then will come the car, and then slowly.
But she better be out there playing, I say.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Eh, strike while the iron is hot, who knows if these opportunities will be there for her in the future. But this is more an indication of how few mainstream British options there are than anything else to me.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:40 pm Love Jabeur. She might not be beautiful in the extremely limited way sponsors are looking for, but I think she is very pretty, and even better, she's cool and by all accounts a great person. I'd pay attention to anything she endorses.
Agree with this, but still an endorsement is most likely just a way to get money. Not going to take it seriously just because it's her :)
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:48 am Eh, strike while the iron is hot, who knows if these opportunities will be there for her in the future. But this is more an indication of how few mainstream British options there are than anything else to me.
Oh, we said that right after her win. If she were Emma Raducanu, Romanian tennis player, this is not happening in any way, shape or form. Grand Slam winner from a country that is rabid about sports but have not seen one single such winner in decades, and she just hit the jackpot of the century.
Give her two more weeks or a month and here comes the watch endorsement. Guaranteed! (she can't go for Cartier because they are more jewelry than watches, but if she wants to stay British, Garrik makes some lovely pieces).
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

very impressed with Krejcikova's consistency, after her FO win.. I thought she would just fade away, and she hasn't..
interestingly, in the past, there has been some significant correlation between French Open champions and Italian Open the NEXT year - so I will bet on Krejcikova to win Rome in 2022! talk about a long shot...:)

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:30 pm
JazzNU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:48 am Eh, strike while the iron is hot, who knows if these opportunities will be there for her in the future. But this is more an indication of how few mainstream British options there are than anything else to me.
Oh, we said that right after her win. If she were Emma Raducanu, Romanian tennis player, this is not happening in any way, shape or form. Grand Slam winner from a country that is rabid about sports but have not seen one single such winner in decades, and she just hit the jackpot of the century.
Give her two more weeks or a month and here comes the watch endorsement. Guaranteed! (she can't go for Cartier because they are more jewelry than watches, but if she wants to stay British, Garrik makes some lovely pieces).

Right, but I also think there aren't a ton of mainstream British options right now in general. Not just in sports, but all around. If you think about the hottest British actors, singers, athletes, and celebrities, they aren't that young, or if they are, they aren't new so if they wanted them as a brand ambassador, they'd already have them. There are a decent number of not so mainstream British celebrities, but traditional brands are probably slow to buy in to them in this manner. So yeah, waiting to see if Emma becomes consistent would seem to make more sense, but they also seem to have diminished options and getting in early isn't the worst idea either.

Now, if she loses in Romania...

On the watch front, Konta is with Breitling, and she tags the UK IG account when she posts, so that's a possibility of a brand who has a significant enough UK presence who sees some value getting local tennis players as brand ambassadors.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I assume you're talking about female options only. Otherwise there is no lack of good football players in UK .

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:29 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:40 pm Love Jabeur. She might not be beautiful in the extremely limited way sponsors are looking for, but I think she is very pretty, and even better, she's cool and by all accounts a great person. I'd pay attention to anything she endorses.
Agree with this, but still an endorsement is most likely just a way to get money. Not going to take it seriously just because it's her :)
I would pay attention... not necessarily buy it. It would get my attention, and that's more than half the job of marketing.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Things I have bought because a tennis player endorses it:

A racquet?
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Anett Kontaveit in Moscow

Serena and Caro partying

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:14 pm Things I have bought because a tennis player endorses it:

A racquet?
Yeah, yeah. Like you didn't go out a buy Canon Rebel camera in the early '90's.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:14 pm Things I have bought because a tennis player endorses it:

A racquet?
I know you only fly Emirates
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Serena was originally wearing heels but one got caught in the escalator. It's on her InstaStory.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein