Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ponchi101 »

ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm And no... that isn't a joke.
Actually, it is. And a really good one! :thumbsup:
(To the tune of Depeche Mode's BLASPHEMOUS RUMORS, the part of "Cause I think that God has a sick sense of humor")
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Vikings player Everson Griffen in disturbing incident at home
Player reports he fired weapon, asks agent for help
By Stephen Knox
Yesterday 2:01PM

Everson Griffen Photo: Getty Images

According to the Minnesota Vikings and Minnetrista, Minn., police, there has been an ongoing mental health situation at defensive end Everson Griffen’s home since early Wednesday morning.

It began with a disturbing Instagram story from Griffen early Wednesday morning. He was holding a gun with his eyes very wide saying that people were trying to kill him. He also posted some text messages in which he repetitively asks his agent for help because people are trying to kill him. All the posts have been deleted.

Then, just after 3 a.m, per a Minnetrista police news release, Griffen called authorities and said that he had fired a weapon in the house at an intruder and no one was injured. The police responded and could not find anyone. Since around 7 a.m. there have been police and mental health professionals from the Vikings at Griffen’s home. The Vikings confirmed that members of the organization are at his home along with law enforcement. As of the time that this article was published there has been no update on whether or not Griffen has exited his home.

https://deadspin.com/vikings-player-eve ... t=deadspin
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Well, Ms Kristi E beat... nobody to that thought. It makes no sense to NOT suspend Rodgers when the man said he was "immunized", simply meaning he was full of s**t.
Do they ever realize the optics of what they do?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:34 pm Well, Ms Kristi E beat... nobody to that thought. It makes no sense to NOT suspend Rodgers when the man said he was "immunized", simply meaning he was full of s**t.
Do they ever realize the optics of what they do?
Obviously not.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Not that I agree with it if they are doing it..is there anything they are going to hide behind as an excuse? I guess because Rodgers didn’t falsify a document ?
:steven:
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I also don't think Rodger's unvaccinated status was kept secret from the league as he clearly tried to get an exception, just misrepresented to the public
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The tweet above says "by pretending he was vaccinated when he truly wasn't". That describes Rodgers too. He claimed he was "immunized", which was hogwash.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

It does, but that's just an editorial comment with one word from the NFL announcement quoted out of it. Maybe I'm being obtuse, but I think the difference between the punishment was that Brown tried to pass off a fake card to the league and was caught, while the NFL was fully aware that Rodgers wasn't properly vaccinated. He can lie about it to reporters and gen pop all he wants, but not his employers.

I'm from Minnesota, so believe me that I'm no Aaron Rodgers fan or apologist, but I think he would have gotten the same punishment if the NFL had been misled that he was vaxxed.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok, thanks for that clarification. I actually like the Packers (not MY team, but I don't mind them), but I find it hard to believe that Rodgers is not getting preferential treatment. I understand the reality: the Bucs without Brown still make the playoffs. The packers without Rodgers come in as the 7th seed, at best (because they already have won so many games). It would be a huge change. Still, Rodgers maybe did not lie about his status to his employers, but he certainly did not follow league policy. Still murky to me.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

It feels icky either way. Basically Rodgers is ok because he “misled” instead of “lied.” And we all know which one of us regularly wears his Rodgers jersey.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Mike Vrabel walks out of a conference simply because of the questions asked:
Titans coach Mike Vrabel runs out of interview after questions about new LB Zach Cunningham
Notice the nature of the questions. They ALL are football related; nothing about gossip, or other possible subjects. Directly tied to football.
---0---
Is this some sort of trend nowadays, in which the media is the de-facto enemy? This is what happens when you have that narrative of fake news. If you get to the point in which head coaches simply decide to not even answer questions that are totally reasonable for the sport, watch out.
And I hate it when I sound like this but, believe me, you don't want to live in a country where you don't have reliable media.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

So this Urban Meyer seems nice. What they get away with in college must be horrific.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And the Jags passed over at least 10 reasonable assistant coaches to get this jerk.
I have said it before. The coach is NOT the most important person in a sports organization. It is the GM and the owner, if that person is the meddling type. Who was the person that hired Meyer.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »