With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:17 am

At least one response was "get a room".
Can't wait to see if she keeps this same energy when she plays Anisimova in the future if Darren's still in Amanda's coaching box.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:31 am
^ That's a very impressive percentage.
With a better racquet, he'd be at 98% :D .
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Sue for what? An honorary share of the 2022 title? He could make a case for damages, but how petty would that be. I guess it would be about pride and some retribution. If it happened.
ti-amie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:44 am
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

As bogus as it would be, I think he would have a reasonable case. He followed their direction, to a tee. It "wasn't his fault" that TA made their rules in contradiction to countrywide regulations
MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

They could be paying him to avoid a lawsuit. Would they even need to disclose it if they did?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Fastbackss wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:16 am As bogus as it would be, I think he would have a reasonable case. He followed their direction, to a tee. It "wasn't his fault" that TA made their rules in contradiction to countrywide regulations
I don't think so. He's not a child who is completely dependent on following others - he's an adult who is capable of making his own decisions. He can't claim complete ignorance. He had every opportunity to find out for himself what the criteria for entry to Australia is - and that is his responsibility, as it is for every traveler to a country. So I'm quite sure that he knew.
Both he and Tennis Australia knew that he wouldn't be getting into the country in a straightforward manner.
It looks to me like he and Tennis Australia were in discussion together with the goal of trying to figure out how to get him in through a loophole, or through deceit or manipulation or by using some other type of questionable means. They were in this together.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by meganfernandez »

Fastbackss wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:16 am As bogus as it would be, I think he would have a reasonable case. He followed their direction, to a tee. It "wasn't his fault" that TA made their rules in contradiction to countrywide regulations
He could make a case and good lawyers might win it. But he also knows that TA isn't the border authority. He should have checked their info on his own. He trusted them and that's on him, no matter how reasonable it was. Now, maybe there's some law I don't know about that would make TA culpable for something. Very possible. It also wouldn't help Djokovic's case that he could have just gotten vaccinated and avoided the whole thing.

He would sue in Australian court, right?

Post by meganfernandez »

MJ2004 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:21 am They could be paying him to avoid a lawsuit. Would they even need to disclose it if they did?
That's true... I doubt they would have to disclose it.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

He was lobbying TA and Craig for awhile ahead of the tournament, it wasn't even a secret. Thinking it's a lot to assume he was just following "their" directions and him and his team weren't part of the plan.

But in general, there's no way he's suing anyone. He does not want his positive test and convenient timing and lack of an alternative plan re-evaluated. At all.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sue them for what?
Deporting him? No, that was the Australian government.
Rough treatment? No, Australian government again.
Lost revenue? Who said he was going to win this 100%. Iffy, I believe.
Misinformation about his visa? Nope, Aussie gov again. He should have read the requirements better.

I guess he has to take his ball and go home. How on earth does this help his public image right now?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

A considerable achievement. I wonder how many players have done that, in history. I would bet less than 50.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem