With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
Liamvalid Great Britain

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by Liamvalid »

For anyone wondering, Andy and Liam are good mates and take shots at each other for banter. This point goes to Murray I reckon
Mary, queen of shots
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Liamvalid wrote:For anyone wondering, Andy and Liam are good mates and take shots at each other for banter. This point goes to Murray I reckon
Yeah it was a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It would have been surprising for Andy to go that low and on such short notice.
Proof that the man has an excellent sense of humor. Will be missed only a bit less than his fellow big 4, once he is done.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:13 pm It would have been surprising for Andy to go that low and on such short notice.
Proof that the man has an excellent sense of humor. Will be missed only a bit less than his fellow big 4, once he is done.
It’s not just his sense of humour, he comes across as quite a selfless guy with a strong moral compass. I just wish I liked his tennis as much as I liked his personality!
Mary, queen of shots
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Oh, agree. He has plenty of stories that proof he is his own person, and as down to earth as possible.
Just the wedding. With his friends, in his town, nothing fancy. Just another bloke marrying his girl.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Liamvalid wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:08 am For anyone wondering, Andy and Liam are good mates and take shots at each other for banter. This point goes to Murray I reckon
I figured they were friends, wondered if they were good friends though because Liam wasn't giving it back to him in that instance, which I'd have expected. There was another shot Andy took at him earlier this week that made it much more obvious I thought that this was a thing with them and they were friends, but you'd only know that if you follow one or both I think. But I'd guess most don't and this was the only thing that plenty saw and people barely know Liam.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

No WTA tournaments this week for the second time this year.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:13 pm No WTA tournaments this week for the second time this year.
Madrid starts Thursday, doesn't it?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

A couple of months ago, we discussed the recycling of tennis balls.
Some mentioned that the balls can be 'recycled' as dog toys, as being put on the legs of chairs, desks, walkers, etc., and even in your dryer to help lessen static or make clothes softer or some such. But none of that is actually recycling - it is simply re-purposing. In the end, even after those uses, the tennis balls still end up in the landfills, taking centuries to decompose - which is something we should be working to avoid.

In 'civilized' societies, the common and comfortable illusion is that the truck that comes once a week to pick up our garbage somehow transports it to a magical 'NeverNeverland', where all of our garbage just... disappears.
Of course, that's not the case - but with human beings, 'out of sight' typically means 'out of mind', and we don't think about where our garbage ends up, and of the damage it does.
Think, for a moment, what would happen if, instead of those magical garbage trucks conveniently transporting our garbage out of our sight - and mind... if instead of that, we'd all have to bury our garbage on our own property. I guarantee that this would cut the garbage we produce at least in half - and probably more!
Think about it...

I came across this short video on the subject of the environmental/ecological effect of tennis balls, and proposed solutions. I like the video - so I'm including it here.
I hope people give some thought to this...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Suliso wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:31 am
ti-amie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:13 pm No WTA tournaments this week for the second time this year.
Madrid starts Thursday, doesn't it?
Okay I think I have it now.

WTA Qualies start tomorrow. No draw available yet. Main draw play will start April 28.

Men's Qualies start on April 28 with MD play beginning May 1.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Excellent video ..everyone should be aware of this!
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Thanks! love this topic.
Deuce wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:24 am A couple of months ago, we discussed the recycling of tennis balls.
Some mentioned that the balls can be 'recycled' as dog toys, as being put on the legs of chairs, desks, walkers, etc., and even in your dryer to help lessen static or make clothes softer or some such. But none of that is actually recycling - it is simply re-purposing. In the end, even after those uses, the tennis balls still end up in the landfills, taking centuries to decompose - which is something we should be working to avoid.

In 'civilized' societies, the common and comfortable illusion is that the truck that comes once a week to pick up our garbage somehow transports it to a magical 'NeverNeverland', where all of our garbage just... disappears.
Of course, that's not the case - but with human beings, 'out of sight' typically means 'out of mind', and we don't think about where our garbage ends up, and of the damage it does.
Think, for a moment, what would happen if, instead of those magical garbage trucks conveniently transporting our garbage out of our sight - and mind... if instead of that, we'd all have to bury our garbage on our own property. I guarantee that this would cut the garbage we produce at least in half - and probably more!
Think about it...

I came across this short video on the subject of the environmental/ecological effect of tennis balls, and proposed solutions. I like the video - so I'm including it here.
I hope people give some thought to this...

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

He will be 41 then, right? Never doubt this man, as he has proven he can do incredible things. But that will be quite a tall order.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Wimbledon has cleared the path for Novak to defend his title. They will not require vaccination for the players.
So. We will not let Russian and Belarusian players play because it can be used as propaganda for the Russian invasion of Ukraine. But, we will let unvaccinated players play because that will, of course, not be used by anti-vaxxers as proof that the vaccine are bogus.
Making not a lot of sense, to me.