With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

I don't think Wimbledon was ever in doubt for Novak, was it? I don't think UK has had those kind of entry restrictions in 2022 from any part of Europe.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

There was talk about what would happen at the Slams. W is now clear. I am not sure about RG but the USO would still, today, be out of the question as the requirements to enter the USA mandate vaccination.
Of course, by September we will be on the "everybody on his/her own" mode, and a fifth or sixth wave of C19. Who knows.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

If only he were a tennis player in the ATP and could get a suspended suspension...
Pretty bad for him. Incredible that his management of his assets was so terrible he ended up here.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Boris not the sharpest pencil in the box...
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

I'll never understand how you can earn millions of dollars annually and be in debt. Does he still have a drug and alcohol problem? He kinda reads like he does.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Owendonovan wrote:I'll never understand how you can earn millions of dollars annually and be in debt. Does he still have a drug and alcohol problem? He kinda reads like he does.
Bad investments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And he is not the only one. From the top of my head: Myke Tyson and Allen Iverson. Two guys that made tens of millions (in Tyson's case, well over 100MM).
And as Megan says: bad investments. They were unable to fend off all the pimps that wanted to suck their money off them.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I wish she'd posted video but this is better than nothing.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Well, if she feels comfy with that, fine.
But I would say that she is one of the players with less difference between her FH and BH. Both are weapons, so running around one does not make much of a difference.
Again, she is the one on the court. So what do I know?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:44 pm
Owendonovan wrote:I'll never understand how you can earn millions of dollars annually and be in debt. Does he still have a drug and alcohol problem? He kinda reads like he does.
Bad investments.
I think Suliso's explanation is more accurate, as it expands well beyond just bad investments...
Suliso wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:15 pm Boris not the sharpest pencil in the box...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:46 pm Well, if she feels comfy with that, fine.
But I would say that she is one of the players with less difference between her FH and BH. Both are weapons, so running around one does not make much of a difference.
Again, she is the one on the court. So what do I know?
I'm kind of surprised that "running around a backhand return in the ad court" was a lightbulb moment. I do that all the time! Inside-out FH from the ad court is one of my two favorite shots. And it helps that Nadal's FH has a ton of heavy spin on it to take the opponent way off the court. Probably Iga's, too.

I didn't think Naomi's BH is that good - you do? She must greatly prefer her FH - esp in that direction - to do this and leave so much court open. That's the other thing about Nadal - he can cover that ocean of open court. If Naomi can, great. Put it in the playbook.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I don't see much difference between her FH and BH. In that aspect, she is more like Novak, almost the same from both wings (Novak's BH is steadier than his FH).
She can finish points from either side.
Still, I really don't know if she has a preference. I remember that Stan, as good as his BH is, wills till run around it. He simply says he feels better hitting his FH, and anyway, he has a sledgehammer on either side.

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:I don't see much difference between her FH and BH. In that aspect, she is more like Novak, almost the same from both wings (Novak's BH is steadier than his FH).
She can finish points from either side.
Still, I really don't know if she has a preference. I remember that Stan, as good as his BH is, wills till run around it. He simply says he feels better hitting his FH, and anyway, he has a sledgehammer on either side.
I think she is more aggressive off the FH wing, guess that’s what I meant. Still, world-class BH for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I think that at WTA level, players are more balanced than in the ATP. Meaning that they don't have terrible disparities between either wing. There are no "Murrays", clearly better from one side (BH) than the other, for example. All the women have become very solid from either side.
You also see the odd "run around the BH" effect in the WTA. That is never seen in the ATP. Just some of the differences.