'22 RG Day 6 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
ashkor87 India

Re: '22 RG Day 6 OoP & Discussion

Post by ashkor87 »

Can't believe the commentator Tamira is saying Sloane likes to dominate play, ..,,,if there is any champion as passive as Sloane I can't imagine who that could be...
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ashkor87 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:30 pm Can't believe the commentator Tamira is saying Sloane likes to dominate play, ..,,,if there is any champion as passive as Sloane I can't imagine who that could be...
Tamira Paszek? If so, I'm happy to hear she's commentating even if you disagree with her assessment.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Yes..used to be a good player
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Stephens will beat you and afterwards you will have no idea how and why.
Subtlest of players...a player's player..
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ashkor87 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:24 pm Stephens will beat you and afterwards you will have no idea how and why.
Subtlest of players...a player's player..
Ok, I see your point of not knowing HOW, but ... WHY?
Sort of like, it's the nature of all sports? ;)
I know she is nice, but nobody wins a Slam without at the very least a modicum of competitive drive.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

Pam Shriver and the ATP in a tweet are saying Isner came back from two breaks in the fourth set to force a fifth, which would be truly unthinkable.

One problem. I was watching, and he came back from one break. He was down 5-2 and saved five match points in the next two games (three on his serve and two on the qualifier's). Probably won't matter because he's now down a break in the 5th.

How could the ATP get that tweet wrong? Do they listen to Pam Shriver?
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

Fernandez hit a lucky running backhand crosscourt winner off the line down 40-0 and 2-0 in the third set against Bencic, and Bencic let it get to her head when she ended up getting broken.

It was a an incredible shot, but there was a fair amount of good fortune involved.

I don't see Fernandez as a contender to reach the final, but the bottom half is wide open.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

jazzyg wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:57 pm Fernandez hit a lucky running backhand crosscourt winner off the line down 40-0 and 2-0 in the third set against Bencic, and Bencic let it get to her head when she ended up getting broken.

It was a an incredible shot, but there was a fair amount of good fortune involved.

I don't see Fernandez as a contender to reach the final, but the bottom half is wide open.
Fernandez makes a lot of players crack. Against someone like Iga, it won't be enough. But I think it could get her to the final. Anisimova and Sasnovich can overpower her, but I don't think Anisimova will, and I don't think anyone in the other section of the bottom half can.
Last edited by meganfernandez on Fri May 27, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

Teichmann just beat Azarenka in a final set tie-breaker in a cracking match. I really enjoy watching Teichmann play, nothing too spectacular but she has a great energy and I trust in her not to miss. Needed Vika to win for my contests, but I’m definitely not mad about the result
Mary, queen of shots
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I think Anisimova will cream her

Post by meganfernandez »

JTContinental wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:40 pm I think Anisimova will cream her
If she holds her nerve, she should win. Big if. She would have lost today if Muchova didn't roll her ankle.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

There is very little experience left in the bottom half of the draw. Only Stephens has been to GS SF's more than once. Does it make her a favorite?
Irena2 United States of America

Post by Irena2 »

We only have one TC via sling TV, (our internet provider doesn't allow Bally and we don't have cable TV) so now it seems watching Zv#$%* is the only choice. Wish Nakashima were playing someone else. Or really taking it to that @**^#(#. Maybe it's time to make some pizza dough, polish my winter boots, do some mending instead...something until Herr #^&$(&Y*(_) is gone from my screen. I do so enjoy everyone's commentary, especially about the women left in the draw. And now suliso has commented so I know who to avoid in the WTA pool...;)

Post by meganfernandez »

Suliso wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:48 pm There is very little experience left in the bottom half of the draw. Only Stephens has been to GS SF's more than once. Does it make her a favorite?
I think it's anyone's but Teichmann has had the best results lately. Who will step up and take it?

Post by meganfernandez »

Irena2 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:59 pm We only have one TC via sling TV, (our internet provider doesn't allow Bally and we don't have cable TV) so now it seems watching Zv#$%* is the only choice. Wish Nakashima were playing someone else. Or really taking it to that @**^#(#. Maybe it's time to make some pizza dough, polish my winter boots, do some mending instead...something until Herr #^&$(&Y*(_) is gone from my screen. I do so enjoy everyone's commentary, especially about the women left in the draw. And now suliso has commented so I know who to avoid in the WTA pool...;)
TC Plus is a great value. $100/year, I think, massive amount of tennis. But do you really want to watch Khachanov/Norrie?

I tend for get that Khachanov exists.