With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Our main board to talk about our sport
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Post by ponchi101 »

I should have written my post better. All the great ones had coaches; they didn't have them on court during the matches, which was the subject being talked about.
The way you describe your situation seems very well balanced. You obviously love the sport, but your goals are clearly identifiable AND achievable. As much as we have joked about it, you becoming a pro is not something there, but I would dare say that, if after 4 years of US College tennis you show that maybe that path is a possibility, you and your team will re-evaluate. Which is what a good coaching team does.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:25 pm I should have written my post better. All the great ones had coaches; they didn't have them on court during the matches, which was the subject being talked about.
The way you describe your situation seems very well balanced. You obviously love the sport, but your goals are clearly identifiable AND achievable. As much as we have joked about it, you becoming a pro is not something there, but I would dare say that, if after 4 years of US College tennis you show that maybe that path is a possibility, you and your team will re-evaluate. Which is what a good coaching team does.
Of course it has always been my dream to become a pro. Any kid who picks up a racquet and dedicates their time from a really early age has to have that in the back of their mind . I am no different. Right now do I have the skill for that, I don't think so. I need to do a lot more work and become a lot stronger. Can that happen in the next 6 years? Sure it can with a ton of hard work. I am always told by my coach to take things one day at a time and things will fall into place. That is what I am doing. I work on things in my game everyday to improve them. Whether it be a stroke technique,volleys, serves,strength or whatever I work on something everyday. Yeah I think about what college I might want to go to in the future, but that is really more for the academic part of it than the playing tennis part at least for right now. Yeah the schools I am looking at do have good tennis programs of course but right now that is really not my main focus. I think after this coming year(my 11th grade year) I will start to focus more on that. I have so many great people feeding me so much good advice and I now even include the members here in on that. Like I said from day one I take everything in. I usually don't miss much when it comes to tennis. :)
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Should have been $50 Million.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

They created this entire mess themselves. Deal with it.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

I wasn't gonna say anything about this because I really don't know much about the whole ins and outs of the Ukraine/Russia war. All I know is War Sucks. I do think though that most all these Russian players that were banned from this event because of this War and political thing they are most likely against it. So to ban them for something they are not even a part of really in support of doesn't make much sense to me at all.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote:I wasn't gonna say anything about this because I really don't know much about the whole ins and outs of the Ukraine/Russia war. All I know is War Sucks. I do think though that most all these Russian players that were banned from this event because of this War and political thing they are most likely against it. So to ban them for something they are not even a part of really in support of doesn't make much sense to me at all.
I feel the same. Didn’t accomplish much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by meganfernandez »

ti-amie wrote:
I guess they don’t have Dumb Decisions Insurance.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:48 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:I wasn't gonna say anything about this because I really don't know much about the whole ins and outs of the Ukraine/Russia war. All I know is War Sucks. I do think though that most all these Russian players that were banned from this event because of this War and political thing they are most likely against it. So to ban them for something they are not even a part of really in support of doesn't make much sense to me at all.

I guess what it ended up accomplishing is less money in the bank account.

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:53 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:48 pm

I guess what it ended up accomplishing is less money in the bank account.
Haha, true! We'll see if Wimbledon actually pays these fines. What will the tours do if Wimbledon doesn't pay up? Not sure they have any leverage or recourse other than courts and not awarding W's points. It will be stuck in legal battles for years.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The kind of legal argument that will have London lawyers salivating for years. The fees, the fees!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Post by meganfernandez »

Horrible news. Will Ben cover it like he did Zverev's allegations? He has tweeted the news. By they way, is Ben not with the New York Times anymore? It's not in his bio.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Let's hope the Australian justice system is thorough, and a veritable verdict is reached.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

This is horrible news.

When this has happened in the NFL and the allegations have come to be true that pretty much ended the careers of the players. No teams wanted any part of them.