With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Our main board to talk about our sport
shmrck14 United States of America

Re: Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Post by shmrck14 »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:00 pm
Horrible news. Will Ben cover it like he did Zverev's allegations? He has tweeted the news. By they way, is Ben not with the New York Times anymore? It's not in his bio.
I believe he's freelance now and publishes in multi places
Irena2 United States of America

Post by Irena2 »

I hope this gets covered as well as the allegations against Zverev have been. I'm so disappointed to hear this.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Kyrgios case most resembles that of Nikoloz Basilashvili whose case of domestic violence was taken to court in his country of Georgia yet he continues to play main tour tournaments. No one ever talks about that.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ti-amie wrote:Kyrgios case most resembles that of Nikoloz Basilashvili whose case of domestic violence was taken to court in his country of Georgia yet he continues to play main tour tournaments. No one ever talks about that.
Because he isn’t a popular player or a star. Not excusing it, just an explanation, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Basilashvili's case is ongoing, and the details are not very clear in favor of his ex-wife. His claim that she was refusing him his visitation rights seem not to be unfounded.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Yes - let's not be too quick to condemn, please - despite what the 'political correctness' plague wants everyone to do in every circumstance.

Allegations like these could be honest and legitimate, or they could be highly exaggerated or even completely fabricated.
As much as I think Kyrgios is an asshole, we are dealing with millionaires here, so there's lots of money to be potentially had in accusing rich people of things.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Deuce wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:45 pm Yes - let's not be too quick to condemn, please - despite what the 'political correctness' plague wants everyone to do in every circumstance.

Allegations like these could be honest and legitimate, or they could be highly exaggerated or even completely fabricated.
As much as I think Kyrgios is an asshole, we are dealing with millionaires here, so there's lots of money to be potentially had in accusing rich people of things.
I agree, we have to let this whole thing play out . As much as I don't like Nick I don't know 100% sure if he did this or not. I actually hope he didn't. The thing is if he did then the ATP Tour needs to take action and remove him from the tour.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I don't know if the players in the ATP have some sort of code of conduct that applies to them. If the ATP were to remove him based solely on what now amounts as allegations, the Australian cousins of the lawyers that are salivating over the fine imposed on Wimbledon and the LTA would do the same in Canberra.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:53 pm I don't know if the players in the ATP have some sort of code of conduct that applies to them. If the ATP were to remove him based solely on what now amounts as allegations, the Australian cousins of the lawyers that are salivating over the fine imposed on Wimbledon and the LTA would do the same in Canberra.
I don't think the ATP can remove him just on allegations, but if this goes through the legal system and he is found guilty of this then he should be immediately removed.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Is anyone surprised?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sincerely, a little bit. His good deeds off court have been well documented, surprisingly he is well liked by several other players (Murray perhaps the most prominent). Did my jaw drop? No. But it was a bit off the map.
About his removal from the tour. One article I read said he is facing a two years jail sentence. Which is how I would like these cases to be resolved. Let the legal system of each country handle justice.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:Sincerely, a little bit. His good deeds off court have been well documented, surprisingly he is well liked by several other players (Murray perhaps the most prominent). Did my jaw drop? No. But it was a bit off the map.
About his removal from the tour. One article I read said he is facing a two years jail sentence. Which is how I would like these cases to be resolved. Let the legal system of each country handle justice.
I thought they were still together! Assumed the brunette in his box was Chiara. Otherwise same reaction…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:57 pm This is horrible news.

When this has happened in the NFL and the allegations have come to be true that pretty much ended the careers of the players. No teams wanted any part of them.
Unless you're Deshaun Watson, Cleveland threw him $230 million with dozens of allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Owendonovan wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:51 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:57 pm This is horrible news.

When this has happened in the NFL and the allegations have come to be true that pretty much ended the careers of the players. No teams wanted any part of them.
Unless you're Deshaun Watson, Cleveland threw him $230 million with dozens of allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior.
But was he ever found guilty of any of those in a court of law?
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Not yet.
:steven: