Novak
40%
Rune
No votes

Total votes: 10

ashkor87 India

Re: Turin. World Tour Finals (ATP)

Post by ashkor87 »

Am glad to see people (here and in the media) including court speed as a factor..a couple years ago, that wasn't the case!
Turin is very quick, from what little I have seen of it, in the NextGen, Tsitsipas has virtually no chance, I would say..he did win event once but on a painfully slow court at London..
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The question was asked and answered here but others had the same question.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I really don't like Felix posing for the photo with his finger to his mouth in the 'Shhhhh" manner. He has done that after winning a couple of tournaments recently, as well. It's quite arrogant and reflects poorly on him, as he is probably the most genuinely nice, sincerely humble, and most down to Earth player in the top 20.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:07 pm Because, and I have told you before, this forum is in the wrong hands. But you people refuse to believe me :cry:
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Time to project probabilities..
Djokovic 50%
Medvedev 25
FAA 15
Ruud 10
Rest 0
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

0% for other four combined? :) I'll have to remember if one of them wins that.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Medvedev over Felix? Felix comes from a 3 tournament streak, and a loss to the eventual champion in Paris. Medvedev has done very little, throughout the year.
At a minimum, I would flip those two.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:56 pm 0% for other four combined? :) I'll have to remember if one of them wins that.
Yes, do remember in any case!
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:04 pm Medvedev over Felix? Felix comes from a 3 tournament streak, and a loss to the eventual champion in Paris. Medvedev has done very little, throughout the year.
Yes, you could be right about that...Class will prevail over form, though, and I think Medvedev has a bit more of that..but FAA has class too. As for the rest- Fritz does not belong here, he will probably finish last, Nadal is not really ready, Rublev is simply not that good..Tsitsi will find the court too quick...
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:04 pm Medvedev over Felix? Felix comes from a 3 tournament streak, and a loss to the eventual champion in Paris. Medvedev has done very little, throughout the year.
Because Medvedev is a big-match player... I'm thinking he'll want to salvage his year. That's why I went with him. And because no one is a heavy favorite. I probably should have gone with Djokovic.

A teaching pro (recent college player) pointed out to me that Djokovic was the one tiring in rallies toward the end. Rune outlasted him, which is what Djokovic normally does. He said Rune was just going BH to BH with Djokovic and playing the attrition game, and he won it. That makes me wonder about Djokovic's fitness or match toughness. I know, he still came within a few points of winning Paris, so it's not like he's in dreadful form. But the difference in the top players is in those margins. So I'm very curious to see how Djokovic does. He should be the favorite, but I wonder if he's in tip-top shape, and, if he's not, if it will affect his confidence just enough to let the other guys in.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

As I tell you. They need more time to recover.
Novak had a tough three setter on Saturday, and indeed Rune kept up with him. He stretched some points, kept Novak running a little bit.
Another thing about all sports is that, hey, you DO grow old and some finer details start to go away. Part of Roger's decline was that, at his height, his timing was impeccable (in his strokes). And then, he lost a tiny little bit of that, and it started making a bit of a difference. Novak may be getting there too because he is another player that relies a lot on that impeccable timing. After a couple of hours of hitting that ball at 100MPH constantly, that tiny percentage of missed timing comes into play.
For Rafa too. Notice that both of them lost their matches after winning the 1st set. 10 years ago, that was unimaginable (unless playing against a fellow Big 3).
Time starts to catch up with you.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:24 pm
Because Medvedev is a big-match player... I'm thinking he'll want to salvage his year. That's why I went with him. And because no one is a heavy favorite. I probably should have gone with Djokovic.

A teaching pro (recent college player) pointed out to me that Djokovic was the one tiring in rallies toward the end. Rune outlasted him, which is what Djokovic normally does. He said Rune was just going BH to BH with Djokovic and playing the attrition game, and he won it. That makes me wonder about Djokovic's fitness or match toughness. I know, he still came within a few points of winning Paris, so it's not like he's in dreadful form. But the difference in the top players is in those margins. So I'm very curious to see how Djokovic does. He should be the favorite, but I wonder if he's in tip-top shape, and, if he's not, if it will affect his confidence just enough to let the other guys in.
^ A-HA! Now we know why Novak's people were hiding the drink mix - they were obviously secretly sabotaging their player!

His people are seen hiding from the cameras when mixing Novak's drink... and then, for the first time in a decade, Novak runs out of gas in a match? And runs out of gas vs. some new kid?
NO WAY that this was a co-incidence!!
Come on - it's as blatant as can be!
:D
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ashkor87 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm
ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:56 pm 0% for other four combined? :) I'll have to remember if one of them wins that.
Hehe ... I always find it strange to see someone give someone an exact 0% chance of winning. I'd at least say 1% or 2%, I think it's pretty hard to say it's 100% impossible for half the field to win :)
:steven:
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:51 pm
ashkor87 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm
Hehe ... I always find it strange to see someone give someone an exact 0% chance of winning. I'd at least say 1% or 2%, I think it's pretty hard to say it's 100% impossible for half the field to win :)
For all practical purposes, 2% is 0% ,isn't it? It is just a way of expressing, no exact science is involved!