With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
JazzNU United States of America

Re: TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Post by JazzNU »

Bianca in Thailand

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

About Belinda. That is very brave, and she must be good on skis. That is one sport in which a busted knee or ankle is just one wrong turn away.
Lovely shots.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

Aussie photo dump from Sebastian

Post by JazzNU »

Casper Ruud on the come up! Vogue Scandinavia

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 pm About Belinda. That is very brave, and she must be good on skis. That is one sport in which a busted knee or ankle is just one wrong turn away.
Lovely shots.
Interesting you should say that. There are several players that ski in their downtime. Sinner, Djokovic, and Vekic come to mind as people who have definitely posted skiing or snowboarding photos or videos as well in recent years. But Roger posted himself skiing in the last 2 weeks and said, nice to be back out skiing after 15 years.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:28 pm Belinda relaxing in style. So scenic! For sure the second one is in Slovakia, I assume it's all the same spot despite the product tag in the first photo.
I think the produce tag in the first photo is the bottle of water in her hands.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:13 pm
JazzNU wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:04 pm
I would have to agree. I mean...
Oh Riley, you don't need to try this hard to think you look good.

Post by JazzNU »

skatingfan wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:09 am
JazzNU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:28 pm Belinda relaxing in style. So scenic! For sure the second one is in Slovakia, I assume it's all the same spot despite the product tag in the first photo.
I think the produce tag in the first photo is the bottle of water in her hands.
It definitely is. The question is whether that was a photo taken in conjunction with a photo shoot for the vitamin water company or one she took on her current vacation and added the tag because she's a good brand ambassador and the more natural ones like this are better. I think it's likely the latter, but she only tagged them, not a location in that photo like she did in the second one. So was just adding a disclaimer that I'm guessing it's the same location, but don't know for sure.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:13 am It definitely is. The question is whether that was a photo taken in conjunction with a photo shoot for the vitamin water company or one she took on her current vacation and added the tag because she's a good brand ambassador and the more natural ones like this are better. I think it's likely the latter, but she only tagged them, not a location in that photo like she did in the second one. So was just adding a disclaimer that I'm guessing it's the same location, but don't know for sure.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. My guess is that she posted the first photo without tagging the location so it could used for advertising the water.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:59 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 pm About Belinda. That is very brave, and she must be good on skis. That is one sport in which a busted knee or ankle is just one wrong turn away.
Lovely shots.
Interesting you should say that. There are several players that ski in their downtime. Sinner, Djokovic, and Vekic come to mind as people who have definitely posted skiing or snowboarding photos or videos as well in recent years. But Roger posted himself skiing in the last 2 weeks and said, nice to be back out skiing after 15 years.
Indeed. And every time I see a tennis player on a slope, I find them brave.
Sinner is one good example. Remember he said he had to choose between skiing or tennis, but he has also posted videos of him skiing. His technique is flawless, but I wonder if they stick to green and blue slopes. That is fine. Any black diamond... I would not want to be the coach. ;)

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:48 am
Lovely shots.
Sinner is one good example. Remember he said he had to choose between skiing or tennis, but he has also posted videos of him skiing. His technique is flawless, but I wonder if they stick to green and blue slopes. That is fine. Any black diamond... I would not want to be the coach. ;)
Yeah, he grew up near ski resorts, his parents worked at a ski lodge. Not sure if he sticks to the safer slopes, he definitely seems like he's capable of the harder ones since he was a competitive skier. But for sure this tells us that even when it's a large contract like he has with Nike, there is not exclusionary language for playing riskier sports like many now have in contracts here. I can't imagine skiing not being part of a clause like that.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:48 am
Lovely shots.
If you're a good skier, black diamonds are why you're there. I'd just wait for retirement as an elite athlete, but I get why they still do it.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Oh, I do get why they do it. Skiing is a fantastic experience/sport. I totally love it.
Just a tiny little bit less than hitting that little yellow ball.

Post by JazzNU »

This is very nice.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I thought Sloane's "sports" genes came from her dad. I did not know her mom was also a high level athlete.
Good story :thumbsup: