Science/Techno Babble Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
JazzNU United States of America

Re: Science/Techno Babble Random, Random

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:47 pm
This is Elmo's tweet referenced above.
Forgetting how the internet works when the narcissism hits into overdrive and he just wants the attention. Hundreds of other photos could've been used. Plenty had no idea about this and are learning about it because he so desperately wants to be liked.

Likely NSFW - https://twitter.com/BirthdayGirl69/stat ... 9340297216
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Just to add my statement wasn't about Tesla alone. It includes also Google and everyone else trying it. The problem is of fundamental nature and not because Tesla engineers are not good enough (they're very good).
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sure. And when FSD becomes viable, you may have a few different softwares that are capable.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Michael Busch
@michael_w_busch@mastodon.online

"It's not clear how existing users of 2FA will be affected, or who will get access to other methods of 2FA, such as authenticator apps."

Under Elon Musk's management; Twitter is potentially actively making it easier for malicious actors to hack accounts. Great.
---
RT @ZoeSchiffer
NEW: Twitter is planning to unveil a new policy as soon as this afternoon that only Blue subscribers will be able to use SMS-based two-factor authentication…
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

BrianKrebs
@briankrebs@infosec.exchange

From the "that explains a lot" department.....Web hosting giant GoDaddy says it suffered a breach where unknown attackers have stolen source code and installed malware on its servers after breaching its cPanel shared hosting environment in a multi-year attack.

While GoDaddy discovered the security breach following customer reports in early December 2022 that their sites were being used to redirect to random domains, the attackers had access to the company's network for multiple years.

"Based on our investigation, we believe these incidents are part of a multi-year campaign by a sophisticated threat actor group that, among other things, installed malware on our systems and obtained pieces of code related to some services within GoDaddy," the hosting firm said in an SEC filing.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/secu

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:55 pm

In that video I watched of the full self drive, shaking wasn't an issue, but getting on to a faster speed road or highway, whether from a stop or a merge, were basically the most nerve wracking moments. Not something I really considered before, the different aspects of what it takes to master for self driving to be effective. This was in Jersey, so timid drivers need not apply. When you enter, you need to do so with authority or you're gonna get creamed. It's using the camera and tech to clock the different things going on in the many directions Cars, trucks, people, road objects, traffic lights, etc. Sometimes the entry is straight on, sometimes, it's at an angle. He entered a roundabout as well.

It was interesting to watch as I said, but it gave a new perspective of what will need to be mastered by the tech, and there was a sense, to me at least, that you can predict human behavior only so much. Nothing is stopping a car going 70 to speed up to 78 and passing you suddenly and it's hard to see that coming. He had to take over control of the car several times to execute some of those moves when it seemed like it wasn't going to get accomplished quick enough. Other times he let it go and it did execute it, but like he understandably didn't take the chance when it was like an 18 wheeler barreling down on him.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I've driven in many countries and actually US is among the easiest. Mostly because of wide spaces and straightforward parking.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Europe is also very, very easy.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Compared to India? Yeah, I guess so. :)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Suliso wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm Compared to India? Yeah, I guess so. :)
Compared to everywhere. I have driven in Spain and it is easy going. Sure, streets are narrow once you get to a small town, but nothing to write home about.
Insane places: sure, India, Syria, Caracas, Bogota. Congo. There, you really need to keep your three eyes on the road.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I've not driven in any funny place like that... Mexico was fine too.

Post by JazzNU »

Suliso wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:09 am I've driven in many countries and actually US is among the easiest. Mostly because of wide spaces and straightforward parking.
That's not a great way to accurately describe a good portion of the Northeast. But yes, I would assume that for many areas in the country that's true.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Well, the farthest north I've gone on East coast with a car is DC. Texas and Arizona is more to my liking anyway.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

If you don't want to drive a car, don't buy a car. See how easy that is?