With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Wish them all well. Even the last two, whom I know nothing about.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Apparently he's a 26 year old crypto something or another and goes by 'the shark' on the crypto subreddit

Get a prenup Marta! Don't think with your hormones.
Yeah... She's just 20 years old - what's the rush?
The more I see from her, the more of a troubled individual she seems to be.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce I've seen the point you're making everywhere. If he's a crypto grifter who knows what he's got going on. She's the one making real money and if she doesn't lock it down before they marry (if they ever do) that her money is her money it'll be gone unless of course she's going to partner with him in his "business".
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I'm more concerned with the apparent lack of true contemplation and profound assessment in her decisions than I am about her losing money.
The way she's dealing with Russian and Belarusian players (and all people from those countries)... deciding to marry at such a young age... deciding to marry a guy whose main existence seems to be based on some alter-ego on the internet...

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of thought or analysis going into her decisions. Certainly, such impulsivity is not uncommon at that age - but we're not talking about going to the mall to buy too many pairs of shoes here - the way she's strongly condemning ALL Russians and Belarusians and showing them zero respect, and getting married at such a young age to an older guy who seems to exist as his own alter-ego are very major and serious things.
It seems to me that she needs better guidance in life - i.e. people around her who help her to analyze and think about things beyond the mere surface.
Last edited by Deuce on Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:46 pm I'm more concerned with the apparent lack of true contemplation and profound assessment in her decisions than I am about her losing money.
The way she's dealing with Russian and Belarusian layers (and all people from those countries)... deciding to marry at such a young age... deciding to marry a guy whose main existence seems to be based on some alter-ego on the internet...

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of thought or analysis going into her decisions. Certainly, such impulsivity is not uncommon at that age - but we're not talking about going to the mall to buy too many pairs of shoes here - the way she's strongly condemning ALL Russians and Belarusians and showing them zero respect, and getting married at such a young age to an older guy who seems to exist as his own alter-ego are very major and serious things.
It seems to me that she needs better guidance in life - i.e. people around her who help her to analyze and think about things beyond the mere surface.
These men who live in their alter egos are disturbing. We just saw one get perp walked in his red shorts by the Feds.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:13 pm
Deuce wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:46 pm I'm more concerned with the apparent lack of true contemplation and profound assessment in her decisions than I am about her losing money.
The way she's dealing with Russian and Belarusian layers (and all people from those countries)... deciding to marry at such a young age... deciding to marry a guy whose main existence seems to be based on some alter-ego on the internet...

These men who live in their alter egos are disturbing. We just saw one get perp walked in his red shorts by the Feds.
It's not just the men who create an illusionary virtual identity for the internet who are disturbing - it's the women, too, as 'influencers' and such. They are all desperately trying to have their cake and eat it, too, completely ignoring reality and the real world in the process.

It's all very phoney, obviously - with lots of fake and inaccurate information bout themselves. That's disturbing enough - but the fact that so many of them live as if this alter-ego is real is what makes it particularly disturbing. It's like an actor or actress who refuses to separate him/her self from a role he/she plays, and believes that they are actually that person.
R.I.P. Amal...

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Apparently he's a 26 year old crypto something or another and goes by 'the shark' on the crypto subreddit

So...is this like an online relationship? With the geotag being in Kyiv, so assuming that's where they are, but how often is she honestly there and he can't leave and travel with her, right? Seems highly suspect. Sure you can start a relationship online, but really hope she's spent some actual time with him and knows what she's getting into especially with the questionable financial footing.
3mlm United States of America

Post by 3mlm »

ponchi101 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:35 pm Wish them all well. Even the last two, whom I know nothing about.
Kichenok is #8 in WTA doubles.
3mlm United States of America

Post by 3mlm »

3mlm wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:21 am
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:35 pm Wish them all well. Even the last two, whom I know nothing about.
Kichenok is #8 in WTA doubles.
And Stas Khmarskiy was Alexandr Dogopolov's last coach (2017-2021).
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

JazzNU wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:50 am

So...is this like an online relationship? With the geotag being in Kyiv, so assuming that's where they are, but how often is she honestly there and he can't leave and travel with her, right? Seems highly suspect. Sure you can start a relationship online, but really hope she's spent some actual time with him and knows what she's getting into especially with the questionable financial footing.
Could be foolish young love - could the impact of the war - could be something else. The average age of marriage in Eastern Europe is lower than what we in Western countries have come to expect as normal.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

skatingfan wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:04 am ...

Could be foolish young love - could the impact of the war - could be something else. The average age of marriage in Eastern Europe is lower than what we in Western countries have come to expect as normal.
Something to remember indeed. Medvedev has been married for years. So has Khachanov.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Lower true, but 20 is very young even for Ukraine. My parents were 27 and 25 when they got married in early 70-ties.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I bet your parents are college educated people, who tend to marry at later ages regardless of the region.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Deuce wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:00 pm

Yeah... She's just 20 years old - what's the rush?
The more I see from her, the more of a troubled individual she seems to be.

It's almost like she's living through a war or something... :roll: