With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Sports Random, Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Sports Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Also some extreme East Coast bias at play there. You hear it often on sports radio, the level of don't care of what time it is on the West Coast is pretty insane the older you get apparently, they just want that game to be played earlier enough for their own personal bedtime, who cares if school hasn't been dismissed locally just yet.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The Athletic
@athletic@sportsfeed.me
Diamond Sports, parent of Bally Sports Regional Networks, files for bankruptcy protection https://theathletic.com/4310553/2023/03 ... ankruptcy/ Diamond Sports, parent of Bally Sports Regional Networks, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, but said in a statement its 19 regional sports channels would continue to operate unimpeded. Here’s what you need to know:

Diamond’s own parent, Sinclair, staggered under more than $8 billion of debt from its 2019 acquisit...
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I would say that settles the case. Russia should not be allowed to compete in Paris.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:28 am The Athletic
@athletic@sportsfeed.me
Diamond Sports, parent of Bally Sports Regional Networks, files for bankruptcy protection https://theathletic.com/4310553/2023/03 ... ankruptcy/ Diamond Sports, parent of Bally Sports Regional Networks, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Tuesday, but said in a statement its 19 regional sports channels would continue to operate unimpeded. Here’s what you need to know:

Diamond’s own parent, Sinclair, staggered under more than $8 billion of debt from its 2019 acquisit...
Sinclair is fairly evil, I'm fine with them losing their shirt.

Post by JazzNU »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:50 pm
@athletic@sportsfeed.me

I hate them big time, probably more than others because I've lived in a Sinclair controlled area and it was hell, but I want to keep Tennis Channel and don't have faith that the channel wouldn't drastically change with another owner, assuming there would even be another owner.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:01 am
@athletic@sportsfeed.me

I hate them big time, probably more than others because I've lived in a Sinclair controlled area and it was hell, but I want to keep Tennis Channel and don't have faith that the channel wouldn't drastically change with another owner, assuming there would even be another owner.
I agree, and wonder what would've happened if TennisTV had remained a place to find both ATP and WTA matches. If TC goes under those of us in the States don't have access to WTA-TV (does it still exist?) so we'd end up like Ponchi and subject to the whims of a big outlet like ESPN.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 pm

I agree, and wonder what would've happened if TennisTV had remained a place to find both ATP and WTA matches. If TC goes under those of us in the States don't have access to WTA-TV (does it still exist?) so we'd end up like Ponchi and subject to the whims of a big outlet like ESPN.
^ Or simply be very basically resourceful and find free streaming for virtually any match you want to see.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 pm ...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :freaking: :freaking: :freaking:

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:01 pm

Yes, and let us not forget that that BeIN Sports period was ROUGH. Not looking for a repeat. Ted Robinson was so happy that period was over and said on-air that it felt like the WTA was in the Witness Protection Program during that time and it was a hilariously accurate description to me.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Couldn't get a picture to load, but the but Tibetan Mastiff at Westminster (being held at Flushing Meadows) is named Rafa after Senor Nadal

https://www.sonomanews.com/article/news ... stminster/
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Fastbackss wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:20 am Couldn't get a picture to load, but the but Tibetan Mastiff at Westminster (being held at Flushing Meadows) is named Rafa after Senor Nadal

https://www.sonomanews.com/article/news ... stminster/
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The Tibetan Mastiff.
Main nutrition staple: rabbits. Fat rabbits.
If traveling in packs, they lack to snack on bears.
(That's a beautiful animal).