With Roland Garros just around the corner, get ready for our Survivors' Pool, You Can't Win Jack and Predictions contests.
For our SP players, remember: just the LAST NAME of the player, unless two players with the same last name play on the same day.

Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
mmmm8

Re: Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Post by mmmm8 »

The real sin is putting women in the back and two guys who haven't done anything on grass up front
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

mmmm8 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:18 pm The real sin is putting women in the back and two guys who haven't done anything on grass up front
Yes, but also the two women have never played each other at Wimbledon, and I don't know who the grass-court women's rivalry is right now - Alcaraz vs Sinner at least actually happened.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:38 pm The 2008 Wimbledon Men's Final is still consistently voted as the best match ever. There is no way they could leave Rafa and Federer out. I question them making what was a duopoly - Federer and Nadal, into a triumvirate putting Djokovic with them.

Murray carried British tennis for years and I don't understand why he's not included.
AELTC might just be being petty because Murray identifies as a Scotsman, not an Englishman.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Owendonovan wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:30 am
ti-amie wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:38 pm The 2008 Wimbledon Men's Final is still consistently voted as the best match ever. There is no way they could leave Rafa and Federer out. I question them making what was a duopoly - Federer and Nadal, into a triumvirate putting Djokovic with them.

Murray carried British tennis for years and I don't understand why he's not included.
AELTC might just be being petty because Murray identifies as a Scotsman, not an Englishman.
Only when he losses... ;)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Clearly out
ti-amie wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:56 pm
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Jeremy Chardy has retired

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

About Chardy. A true professional.
Never a contender at a slam, but a person that put a very decent career through the years.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:10 pm
We'll be seeing Kei in Chicago next week. Very much looking forward to this.
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Hopefully you buy tickets early. I waxed poetic to anyone who would listen about this tournament coming to the area, but didn't buy tickets early because I wasn't sure what day I could go.

Went to buy tickets Monday and there was ONE ticket left - wasn't going to work when I intended to bring one of the progeny.

Ended up having to buy him lunch, which was way more expensive
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

who owns Wimbledon - or rather, the AELTC, the entity that owns Wimbledon? Is it privately owned? Is it a nonprofit run by a board of directors?
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

Fastbackss wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:05 am Hopefully you buy tickets early. I waxed poetic to anyone who would listen about this tournament coming to the area, but didn't buy tickets early because I wasn't sure what day I could go.

Went to buy tickets Monday and there was ONE ticket left - wasn't going to work when I intended to bring one of the progeny.

Ended up having to buy him lunch, which was way more expensive
My partner John already purchased all of our tickets. Probably not necessary- as previously, we had no problems just showing up and purchasing tickets for the same day, and/or for that year's tournament. This Chicago tournament has not proven to be real good with publicity these past few years. Today is the first day we finally found a site for 2023. We've also figured out to bring lunches with us each day. NOT a lot of decent food options. AND Porta-potties- always my favorites. :gorgeous:

I also doubt we'll go every day. But, the tickets this year are reasonably cheap. This year, they have all of these "Box Seat" and "Special" options. Bump all of that- we'll figure out where to sit.
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:21 am who owns Wimbledon - or rather, the AELTC, the entity that owns Wimbledon? Is it privately owned? Is it a nonprofit run by a board of directors?
The day-to-day operations of The Championships are led and conducted by the AELTC.

The AELTC is a wholly owned subsidiary of The All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club Limited ("the Club") and, on 1 August 2011, acquired all the assets and undertaking of the Club in relation to The Championships.

The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited, Church Road, Wimbledon, Tel: +44 (0)20 8944 1066

The Board: I.L Hewitt (Chair), Ms D A Jevans C.B.E (Vice-Chair), Ms S.J Ambrose, R.A Baker, Ms A Keothavong M.B.E, The Lord O'Donnell GCB KCB CB, K.J Havelock. T.H Henman O.B.E, S.A Jones L.V.O, R.T Stoakes, A.J.K Tatum, The Hon H B Weatherill.

Directors: S. Bolton O.B.E (Chief Executive), R.G Atkinson (Financial Director), M.J Dite (Operations Director), M.W.C Guntrip (Club Director), W.R Jinks (IT Director), U. Al-Qassab (Marketing and Commercial Director)
https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/about_aeltc.html