Re: Tennis Related - Off Court Serious Issues

Post by meganfernandez »

The outfit is a little Hunger Games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

As much as I wanted to hate the interview - overall it wasn't terrible. Yes, I couldn't help but think he had some scripted (like normal) but there were some insights
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Fastbackss wrote:As much as I wanted to hate the interview - overall it wasn't terrible. Yes, I couldn't help but think he had some scripted (like normal) but there were some insights
It was just okay to me. I wanted a lot more … Wertheim spent three days in Belgrade and that’s what he got? I didn’t see the part where he says he isn’t friends with Rafa and Roger. Was that just used to promote the show and cut from the actual show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

I can see that but still wasn't as much of a stroke job as I anticipated

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Simona Halep fears loss of doping appeal will end her career
ESPN News Services
Dec 15, 2023, 03:44 PM ET

PARIS -- Two-time Grand Slam champion Simona Halep fears a loss in the appeal of her four-year doping suspension could lead to the end of her playing career.

A three-day hearing with the Court of Arbitration for Sport is scheduled for Feb. 7-9 in her appeal against the International Tennis Integrity Agency, which ruled that Halep "committed intentional anti-doping rule violations."

"Four years is going to be a lot for my age," Halep, a 32-year-old from Romania who has been No. 1 in the WTA rankings, said in an interview with euronews posted online Friday.

"It's catastrophic if it's going to be four years," she said. "And I don't know how I will handle it. Probably it's going to be [the] end of [my] career, yes."

Halep tested positive for the drug Roxadustat at the 2022 US Open and also was cited for irregularities in her biological passport. Roxadustat stimulates the body to produce more of the natural hormone erythropoietin, or EPO, which has long been a doping product favored by cyclists and distance runners.

Halep said in Friday's interview that she is no longer working with coach Patrick Mouratoglou's academy and hasn't spoken with him in a "few months."

In a video Mouratoglou posted on Instagram in November, he took blame for providing a tainted substance to Halep.

"We brought her collagen from a company. This collagen happened to be contaminated," Mouratoglou said. "There was no way to know it. But I feel responsible for what happened because it's my team -- so me, basically -- who brought her this collagen."

Halep won the French Open in 2018 by beating Sloane Stephens in the final, and Wimbledon in 2019 by defeating Serena Williams in the title match.

Speaking with euronews in Paris. Halep said she hopes she wins her appeal and will be eligible to compete in next year's Summer Olympics in that city.

"I know I didn't do anything wrong and I know I'm clean," Halep said.

Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... end-career
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Hmmm, Patrick's admission seems like a bad business decision for him which lends a certain credibility to what he's says.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:14 pm
As I would have suspected. I feel she's aware she's set for life, which is a nice position to be in at a very uninherited young age. Makes moral decisions much easier to dig your hells in on.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Was this posted somewhere? Three days ago, Mari Osaka accused her dad of severe abuse on Instagram and then deleted her account. She hasn't made a denial, which you'd think she would do if her account had been hacked and she didn't post it.

Sounds like she and her mom never called the police on him because they were afraid the police might kill him. What a hell of a choice for a kid to have to make. Anyway, I'm reading Ben's Osaka biography and it sounds plausible based on some of his reporting. The guy sounds pretty bad. He is never around Naomi's matches, right?

This was the post, per Women's Tennis Blog:

I want you to know how disappointed and disgusted I am in you, as a father and human being in general. You have failed in every way imaginable. You have abused me since I was young and continue to harass my mother. You continue to emotionally abuse her and trespass into our home when you have your own. I’m making this public knowledge because you are a coward who hides behind his physical ability to beat me down and our refusal to call to cops on you. This is it, I’m really done with you and the next time I see your face I am calling the police. Consider this a threat. The way you have hurt me and our family honestly I won’t regret it if they kill you so yea come back to the house and threaten to beat me up again. I will fight back and I will fight for both of us. I will kill you unless you kill me first by bringing a gun like the coward you are. So go ahead let’s see what type of man you really are even though I’ve already known since birth I’m the daughter to the devil. God help me when he comes again.

https://womenstennisblog.com/2024/01/04 ... -of-abuse/
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

That is a fairly unambiguous statement. Leaves no room for interpretation.
And it does sound as if the situation is extreme.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem