by ti-amie THE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2024
GENTLEMEN'S SINGLES

SINNER, Jannik ITA [1]
vs HANFMANN, Yannick GER
BERRETTINI, Matteo ITA vs FUCSOVICS, Marton HUN
NAGAL, Sumit IND vs KECMANOVIC, Miomir SRB
CARRENO BUSTA, Pablo ESP vs GRIEKSPOOR, Tallon NED [27]

JARRY, Nicolas CHI [19] vs SHAPOVALOV, Denis CAN
ALTMAIER, Daniel GER vs FERY, Arthur GBR (W)
HARRIS, Lloyd RSA (Q) vs MICHELSEN, Alex USA
BELLUCCI, Mattia ITA (Q) vs SHELTON, Ben USA [14]

DIMITROV, Grigor BUL [10] vs LAJOVIC, Dusan SRB
GARIN, Cristian CHI (Q) vs SHANG, Juncheng CHN
WAWRINKA, Stan SUI vs BROOM, Charles GBR (W)
MONFILS, Gael FRA vs MANNARINO, Adrian FRA [22]

ZHANG, Zhizhen CHN [32] vs JANVIER, Maxime FRA (Q)
STRUFF, Jan-Lennard GER vs MAROZSAN, Fabian HUN
MULLER, Alexandre FRA vs GASTON, Hugo FRA (Q)
KOVACEVIC, Aleksandar USA vs MEDVEDEV, Daniil [5]

ALCARAZ, Carlos ESP [3] vs LAJAL, Mark EST (Q)
VUKIC, Aleksandar AUS vs OFNER, Sebastian AUT
CORIC, Borna CRO vs MELIGENI ALVES, Felipe BRA (Q)
ARNALDI, Matteo ITA vs TIAFOE, Frances USA [29]

BAEZ, Sebastian ARG [18] vs NAKASHIMA, Brandon USA
KOTOV, Pavel vs THOMPSON, Jordan AUS
VAN DE ZANDSCHULP, Botic NED vs BROADY, Liam GBR (W)
SHEVCHENKO, Alexander KAZ vs HUMBERT, Ugo FRA [16]

PAUL, Tommy USA [12] vs MARTINEZ, Pedro ESP
VIRTANEN, Otto FIN (Q) vs PURCELL, Max AUS
BERGS, Zizou BEL (Q) vs CAZAUX, Arthur FRA
MENSIK, Jakub CZE vs BUBLIK, Alexander KAZ [23]

NAVONE, Mariano ARG [31] vs SONEGO, Lorenzo ITA
BAUTISTA AGUT, Roberto ESP vs MARTERER, Maximilian GER
KOEPFER, Dominik GER vs FOGNINI, Fabio ITA
BOLT, Alex AUS (Q) vs RUUD, Casper NOR [8]

BOTTOM HALF

RUBLEV, Andrey [6] vs COMESANA, Francisco ARG
CORIA, Federico ARG vs WALTON, Adam AUS
DARDERI, Luciano ITA vs CHOINSKI, Jan GBR (W)
LESTIENNE, Constant FRA vs MUSETTI, Lorenzo ITA [25]

KORDA, Sebastian USA [20] vs DAVIDOVICH FOKINA, Alejandro ESP
NISHIOKA, Yoshihito JPN vs BORGES, Nuno POR
RUUSUVUORI, Emil FIN vs MCDONALD, Mackenzie USA
DANIEL, Taro JPN vs TSITSIPAS, Stefanos GRE [11]

FRITZ, Taylor USA [13] vs O'CONNELL, Christopher AUS
NISHIKORI, Kei JPN vs RINDERKNECH, Arthur FRA
COBOLLI, Flavio ITA vs HIJIKATA, Rinky AUS
EVANS, Daniel GBR vs TABILO, Alejandro CHI [24]

DRAPER, Jack GBR [28] vs YMER, Elias SWE (Q)
NORRIE, Cameron GBR vs DIAZ ACOSTA, Facundo ARG
SEARLE, Henry GBR (W) vs GIRON, Marcos USA
CARBALLES BAENA, Roberto ESP vs ZVEREV, Alexander GER [4]

HURKACZ, Hubert POL [7] vs ALBOT, Radu MDA (Q)
FILS, Arthur FRA vs STRICKER, Dominic SUI
MURRAY, Andy GBR vs MACHAC, Tomas CZE
SAFIULLIN, Roman vs CERUNDOLO, Francisco ARG [26]

AUGER-ALIASSIME, Felix CAN [17] vs KOKKINAKIS, Thanasi AUS
POUILLE, Lucas FRA (Q) vs DJERE, Laslo SRB
MUNAR, Jaume ESP vs HARRIS, Billy GBR (W)
DUCKWORTH, James AUS (L) vs DE MINAUR, Alex AUS [9]

RUNE, Holger DEN [15] vs KWON, Soonwoo KOR
JUBB, Paul GBR (W) vs SEYBOTH WILD, Thiago BRA
HALYS, Quentin FRA (Q) vs EUBANKS, Christopher USA
KARATSEV, Aslan vs KHACHANOV, Karen [21]

ETCHEVERRY, Tomas Martin ARG [30] vs NARDI, Luca ITA
POPYRIN, Alexei AUS vs MONTEIRO, Thiago BRA
FEARNLEY, Jacob GBR (W) vs MORO CANAS, Alejandro ESP (Q)
KOPRIVA, Vit CZE (Q) vs DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB [2]

by ponchi101 Poll started. As always, 6 votes, spread between 3 players max.

by skatingfan First Grand Slam Main Draw

Charles Broom, Great Britain (26)
Mark Lajal, Estonia (21)
Felipe Meligeni Alves, Brazil (26)
Francisco Comesana, Argentina (23)
Henry Searle, Great Britain (18)
Billy Harris, Great Britain (29)
Jacob Fearnley, Great Britain (22)
Alejandro Moro Canas, Spain (23)

First Wimbledon Main Draw

Sumit Nagal, India (26)
Alex Michelsen, United States of America (19)
Mattia Bellucci, Italy (23)
Shang Juncheng, People’s Republic of China (19)
Maxime Janvier, France (27)
Aleksandar Kovacevic, United States of America (25)
Pavel Kotov, Russia (25)
Otto Virtanen, Finland (23)
Arthur Cazaux, France (21)
Jakub Mensik, Czechia (18)
Mariano Navone, Argentina (23)
Adam Walton, Australia (25)
Luciano Darderi, Italy (22)
Flavio Cobolli, Italy (22)
Rinky Hijikata, Australia (23)
Facundo Diaz Acosta, Argentina (23)
Thiago Seyboth Wild, Brazil (24)
Luca Nardi, Italy (20)
Vit Kopriva, Czechia (27)

by ashkor87 I don't really expect any major upset in the first round..looking at the draw

by nelslus LOL, IF this poll wasn't rigged to not allow for this :shock: - I'd have put in 4 for Carlos and 2 for Sinner. Risking the Wrath of Megan. :gorgeous:

by ti-amie

by meganfernandez Poor Korda... he has to play lucky loser Mpetshi Perricard instead of Davidovich Fokina.

by meganfernandez
nelslus wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:45 pm LOL, IF this poll wasn't rigged to not allow for this :shock: - I'd have put in 4 for Carlos and 2 for Sinner. Risking the Wrath of Megan. :gorgeous:
i gave them three each! I'm ambivalent about Carlitos. I save my wrath for the mania over his drop shots, as if he invented the shot.

by ponchi101
meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:57 am
nelslus wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:45 pm LOL, IF this poll wasn't rigged to not allow for this :shock: - I'd have put in 4 for Carlos and 2 for Sinner. Risking the Wrath of Megan. :gorgeous:
i gave them three each! I'm ambivalent about Carlitos. I save my wrath for the mania over his drop shots, as if he invented the shot.
He did not invent the shot, but he has re-defined. The only players that I can remember that were superb drop-shotters were Mac and Laconte, and they did most of them with their volleys.
It is like Borg. He did not invent topspin, but he defined it.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:52 am
meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:57 am
He did not invent the shot, but he has re-defined. The only players that I can remember that were superb drop-shotters were Mac and Laconte, and they did most of them with their volleys.
It is like Borg. He did not invent topspin, but he defined it.
I know Carlitos uses the drop shot masterfully, but I don't see how he has redefined it. It takes a better student of the game than me to detect it. To me, he just hits it exceptionally well and therefore uses it as a weapon more than other people, just like everyone's else's individual weapons. I think the feverish adoration is over the top, like it's magic people haven't seen before. It hits my ear differently than it does other people. Tennis tinnitus.

by ponchi101 The reason, to me, why his DS is so effective is that he almost always hits it as he wrong foots his opponent.
This is what other players do. They draw the opponent well outside the court, and then they hit the DS to the open court. But, because their opponent is recovering to the center of the court (after all, they have been drawn out of it), the opponent is running TOWARDS that same empty space. The drop shot has to be sublime for it to work, with the speed of today's players.
Carlitos hits you out of the court and then, as you are recovering towards the center, he hits the DS behind you. So the opponent has to stop, detour, and sprint again. That is the reason he is so good with it. And I don't think that can be learned easily. I say he is instinctive with it.

by ashkor87 Agree with you..the drop shot by itself is nothing .it is when you hit it, what your opponent is doing when you hit it, that makes it effective, or not ..today's players can run down anything.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:50 am The reason, to me, why his DS is so effective is that he almost always hits it as he wrong foots his opponent.
This is what other players do. They draw the opponent well outside the court, and then they hit the DS to the open court. But, because their opponent is recovering to the center of the court (after all, they have been drawn out of it), the opponent is running TOWARDS that same empty space. The drop shot has to be sublime for it to work, with the speed of today's players.
Carlitos hits you out of the court and then, as you are recovering towards the center, he hits the DS behind you. So the opponent has to stop, detour, and sprint again. That is the reason he is so good with it. And I don't think that can be learned easily. I say he is instinctive with it.
I don't know. To me, this sounds basic, something any top player or coach should understand. I get that when and where to play it are key (that's what I meant by masterful, in addition to the technique), but wrong-footing an opponent is basic. Understanding where their momentum is going and what space they are likely to cover quickly on the given surface are fairly elementary. At the top level, training should trump instinct. Instinct is what gets you to the starting line - you're good enough to even think about being a pro player.

by ponchi101 Notice how frequently players drop shot into the open court.
It sounds basic, I agree. But few do it.
It is like what I consider the stupidest stroke in the sport, the swinging volley. Notice how frequently the players hit it straight back to the opponent, or down the middle. It makes no sense to me.

by ashkor87 was at courtside watching Hurkacz win ..while his serve is impressive, his movement, inability to get down to the ball, and lack of crispness in his volleys...showed he is not going to be a contender here, yet

by ponchi101 He was a semi finalist here and recently made the finals at (was it?) Halle.
Somehow he gets it done.

by jazzyg On the Hurkacz skepticism above, he ALWAYS looks bad in the first round of slams, but his grass credentials are unquestionable. He has won a tournament on grass in addition to his semifinal Wimbledon run and he just lost to Sinner in the final of another grass event. He blew a massive opportunity to be up two sets on Djokovic at Wimbledon last year.

The issue with him is coming up with the goods when it really matters against an elite opponent. I will be very surprised, though, if he does not cruise into his quarterfinal matchup with Djokovic.

If history is a guide, his next match will be 3, 3 and 3.

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by shmrck14

by ti-amie
shmrck14 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:16 pm
:shock:

by ti-amie

by ponchi101 C'mon. Are we still believing that the draw is rigged? Because, you know, Jannik and Carlitos ended in the same side of the draw.
Not the AELTC's fault that Berrettini has fallen so much down the ranking.

by ti-amie

by ti-amie Gaspar Ribeiro Lança
@gasparlanca
Fritz on Rinderknech’s comments: “As soon as I saw it, the match was basically over. I'm a very chill person. I don't do anything that could rub people the wrong way, so when someone kind of just goes out of their way to take a shot at me, then I'm not just going to take it. It gave me the extra fire to win. When we shook hands, I just said have a nice flight home.”
I mean… it was pretty obvious that Fritz would be getting an extra dose of motivation from Rinderknech’s quote. I don’t know what was he thinking but that was just a terrible idea.
More from Fritz: “He asked me what I said. I told him what I said. He told me he was in doubles still. I said, Oh, congrats, good for you. Then he started acting like, Why are you blah, blah, blah? I'm like, Dude, you know what you said. You know what you said. Don't disrespect me before the match and then expect me to be all nice after the match. That's not how it works.”

by ti-amie Oh

Arthur Rinderknech accuses Taylor Fritz of ‘crying’ and being ‘whiny’ ahead of their Wimbledon third round
Liam Llewellyn
Thu 4 July 2024 11:00, UK

Taylor Fritz was criticised by his next Wimbledon opponent Arthur Rinderknech.

The 26-year-old reached the second round at the All-England Club after defeating Australia’s Christopher O’Connell in round one.

He dropped just seven games on the way to recording his second successive victory over the unseeded player.

Fritz has now booked a clash with a player he defeated in an infamous clash back at the 2023 French Open.

At Wimbledon Fritz will take to court 12 on Thursday to face Rinderknech, which will be their first meeting after facing one another at Roland Garros a year ago.

It was a heated clash that saw the American enter the bad books of the French fans who were supporting their hometown player.

Despite facing the wrath of a passionate crowd Fritz claimed victory that day but ahead of their second clash, Rinderknech did not hold back on his assessment of the 12th seed.

“He won’t cry as much. He whined a bit saying it was too noisy,” the 28-year-old said. “I hold no grudge against him but he was wrong if he thought the crowd would send him kisses in between points.”

The players competed against one another for the first time at Roland Garros 2023 on Court Suzanne Lenglen.

In a contentious battle, the vast majority of spectators were rooting for their fellow Frenchman and he made a great start to the match.

He claimed the first set, before Fritz stormed back to take a 2-6 6-4 6-3 6-4 victory. The crowd were already upset to see their countryman lose, but their sadness soon turned to anger.

Fritz began to shush the crowd after sealing the win, which prompted thunderous boos and jeers from those in attendance. They were still letting Fritz know what they thought of him during his on-court interview.

“The crowd was so just so great, that I had to let it fire me up. They cheered so well for me, I wanted to make sure I won. Thanks guys,” he said following the two-hour and 50 minute contest. This time Fritz will face Rinderknech in a neutral venue of Wimbledon.

https://www.thetennisgazette.com/news/a ... ird-round/

by ponchi101 I remember the RG match. The French at their worst, and Fritz was right that day.

by ponchi101
ti-amie wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:08 pm
Alright. So, are we going to start having some Brad Gilbert/David Wheaton rivalries in the ATP from now on?
You know, rodeo clowns and stuff?

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:56 am I remember the RG match. The French at their worst, and Fritz was right that day.
totally. It's ridiculous to expect players not to react AT ALL to rudeness and simply take the highest of roads (when their brains are hyped on competition chemicals, no less). So he shushed the crowd. So what? They should haver been shushed. They were horribly disrespectful.

I don't remember Taylor crying or whining, either. He was sarcastic in his speech afterward. Can't blame him. In the next round, they shouted him down while he tried to apologize and completely disrupted the on-court interview. Disrespectful of him and the interviewer, and everyone who wanted to hear him

by mick1303 I'm adding Rinderknech to the list of players I'm always rooting against. This is a short list: Hugo Gaston and De Minaur.

by ashkor87 djokovic is winning but not impressive..but he has a good draw..and Hurkacz is out, so maybe he will make it to the finals?

by ashkor87 Struff could well beat Medvedev today ..Med is too erect, doesn't get down to the ball..big serve is probably not enough ..

by ponchi101
ashkor87 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:04 am djokovic is winning but not impressive..but he has a good draw..and Hurkacz is out, so maybe he will make it to the finals?
Maybe Zverev, if he serves out of his mind. But sure, seems like Novak in the final is a fix.

by Suliso He might or might not reach the final, but how can we fairly judge after matches with Vit Kopriva and Jacob Fearnley? I've never heard of either before this tournament...

by ponchi101 I saw the matches and he seemed like playing at 3/4 speed. There were points in which he was clearly toying with Fearnley. And he is not moving at full speed. He is revving up, the way I saw it.
Plus, you know that there is no god and Novak will win this now. ;)

by ashkor87 Towards the end of week 1, my confidence in Alcaraz has been shaken a bit,! Revised probabilities-
Sinner 50%
Alcaraz 20
Djokovic 20%
Field 10%
Nobody else really has much chance...

by jazzyg I really don't see how anyone will beat Sinner.

Agree in general no one else but those three have a chance to win the tournament.

by ponchi101 Alcaraz can beat him. Djokovic can beat him.
Can.
He looks very solid but he has not been tested.

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by Suliso My best guess: Sinner, Dimitrov, Alcaraz, Paul, Zverev, Perricard, Djokovic and deMinaur

by ponchi101 A LL in the QF. Insane.

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:01 pm A LL in the QF. Insane.
GMP hasn't won R4 yet. But I bet he will.

by ponchi101 Yes, I know. ;) But we are thinking he will, which is already a very weird thing to do (he is not playing another LL or qualifier).

by meganfernandez
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:07 pm Yes, I know. ;) But we are thinking he will, which is already a very weird thing to do (he is not playing another LL or qualifier).
He lost to Janvier in qualifying, so... he's beatable. He still has to serve well. If he doesn't, he probably loses. We'll see. It's an incredible result.

by Suliso He's only 21 and likely under ranked. I picked him over Musetti on grass because of his height and serve.

by skatingfan At the rate that Mpetshi Perricard is moving up the rankings he could be seeded by the US Open.

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ponchi101 If the part about Zverev complaining about Fritz box is real, these kids need to man up.
Hey, the other player has fans too. Friends and family. And they want YOU to lose. BADLY.
I mean, how would these guys handle playing Davis Cup as the visiting team in South America? Or being a Laker playing at the Celtics?

by ti-amie
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:31 pm If the part about Zverev complaining about Fritz box is real, these kids need to man up.
Hey, the other player has fans too. Friends and family. And they want YOU to lose. BADLY.
I mean, how would these guys handle playing Davis Cup as the visiting team in South America? Or being a Laker playing at the Celtics?

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by mick1303
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:31 pm If the part about Zverev complaining about Fritz box is real, these kids need to man up.
Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...

by skatingfan
mick1303 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:04 pm Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
Please stop trying to gaslight us. The conversation at the end of the match which was longer than normal was followed up on by the media after the match. That's the job of the media is ask questions. After the situation the players chose not to expand publicly on what was said after the match, which is their choice, but it doesn't mean the questions aren't relevant.

by ponchi101
mick1303 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:04 pm
Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
I said IF.
They seem to have clarified it later.

by mick1303
skatingfan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:17 pm
mick1303 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:04 pm Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
Please stop trying to gaslight us. The conversation at the end of the match which was longer than normal was followed up on by the media after the match. That's the job of the media is ask questions. After the situation the players chose not to expand publicly on what was said after the match, which is their choice, but it doesn't mean the questions aren't relevant.
IDK what "gaslight" means, English is not my first language. Apparently we have polar opposite views on how the media shall operate. "Job of the media is ask questions" is not specifying what kind of questions. Your view on the media is that it is ok and even commendable to dig controversies. My view is that TENNIS media shall concentrate on the tennis questions. There is plenty to discuss about what happened in the match, IF YOU WATCH TENNIS. But if you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game itself or not knowledgeable enough to recognize what you see - asking questions about other things is your only option, I guess.

by ti-amie The Tennis Letter
@TheTennisLetter
Jannik Sinner was asked about the illness he was dealing with against Medvedev at Wimbledon, ‘This morning I didn’t feel great, and then with the fatigue… I tried to fight with what I had today’

“What physical problems were you dealing with? Were you sick? Did you vomit when you went off court?”

Jannik: “This morning I already didn’t feel great. I had some problems and then with the fatigue. It was tough. Nothing to take away from Daniil. I think he played very smart, good tennis. That’s it. I went off the court. I actually didn’t want to go off. The physio told me it was better to take some time because he watched me and I didn’t seem in shape to play. I was struggling physically. It wasn’t an easy moment. I tried to fight with what I had today. That’s it.”

“Can you confirm.. were you ill when you went off court?”

Jannik: “Yeah, I wasn’t feeling great. I didn’t vomit. But I took some time because I was quite dizzy. Off court I had the toughest time maybe. When I went back I tried my best. Obviously disappointed about the third set. I had a couple set points and couldn’t use them. Fourth set I raised my level a bit. In the fifth I had one poor service game with decided the match.”

(via Wimbledon Press)

by ti-amie Дарко Николић
@HuddleBre
Новак Ђоковић је управо решио да и британском јавном медијском сервису (ББЦ) без икаквог устручавања каже шта мисли.

Напустио је интервју после 98 секунди, ево и како:
Translated from Serbian by Google
Novak Djokovic has just decided to tell the British public media service (BBC) what he thinks without any hesitation.

He left the interview after 98 seconds, here's how:

by ti-amie
Fred Meyer 🇽🇰
@FredWMeyer_
Djokovic’s path to the Wimbledon final:

Kopriva

Fearnley

Popyrin

Rune

Fritz/Musetti
Some are saying he faced a Challenger level draw this Wimbledon. Rune is mentally too young to defeat Djokovic. Fearnley is a college player trying to work his way onto the main tour. Popyrin's best years may be behind him. The only challenge he faced was de Minaur and he gave him the walkover due to injury.
Djokovic is 5-1 over Musetti.

by ti-amie Alcaraz' draw

FIRST ROUND
Defeated EST M. Lajal

SECOND ROUND
Defeated AUS A. Vukic

THIRD ROUND
Defeated
USAF. Tiafoe 29

FOURTH ROUND
Defeated
FRA U. Humbert 16

QUARTER-FINALS
Defeated
USA T. Paul 12

SEMI-FINALS
Scheduled
IOA D. Medvedev 5

Alcaraz is 4-2 over Medvedev

by ponchi101 Every great chanpion has a slam in which they faced nobody of relevance. Mac's 83 Wimby ended with a match over Chris Lewis.
You can't always face 4 seeds on your way to the final.

by ashkor87 Medvedev Alcaraz will be closer this year, perhaps..Alcaraz is not playing that well, and Medvedev is playing better..also a factor, rarely considered..as tournament wears on, so does the grass..it becomes more like a hardcourt, with a higher bounce...should favor Medvedev...

by ashkor87 Medvedev not putting away volleys, because he really isn't a good volleyer anyway..maybe he should not try,!

by ashkor87 Alcaraz, on the other hand! Best volleyer in the world..confident, great touch

by ashkor87 Alcaraz not getting his first serve to fire..around 35% I think, right now...struggling more than he should because of that..I still don't like his serving action though, too abbreviated, too slapping - will always be difficult to control, get consistent serves...

by ashkor87 Alcaraz in four methinks

by ponchi101 It has turned, and I think Daniil is looking a bit lost. But still a lot to play.

by ashkor87 This is a high quality match...they are using the entire length and breadth of the court..not everyone does.

by skatingfan Medvedev playing much better than last year, and coming forward more as well. Alcaraz just has the extra variety, and comfort around the court get an edge for the win.

by ashkor87 I don't expect Musetti to do much against Djokovic...only Alcaraz can stop him now

by ti-amie

by ti-amie

by ashkor87 Djokovic is the very epitome of AntiFragile.. the more adversity he is dealt with, the stronger he beomes.. I am not expecting him to beat Alcaraz this year simply because Alcaraz beat him last year, and there is no reason why it wont happen again. But still, amazing, incredible Djokovic..!

by ashkor87
ashkor87 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:04 am djokovic is winning but not impressive..but he has a good draw..and Hurkacz is out, so maybe he will make it to the finals?
And...he did! Djokovic is beyond resilient, he is Antifragile (see Taleb)..